Shadows Return Snippet

  • lynn.flewelling
    Message 1 of 13 , May 3, 2008
      It occurred to me that I haven't tortured you with a snippet in a while. Here's one to tide you
      over to June.

      Alec bent over him, concerned. "Does it still hurt?"

      "No," Seregil gasped, "but that was less fun than I thought it would be."
    • cheri watson

        Message 3 of 13 , May 3, 2008
          *Is at a lost for words* You're. you're. you're so mean! I'm going to be
          thinking of that the whole time I'm at work now. *Pouts* and as Cheri said,
          it'll probably be all wrong.

          And speaking of NR4, I've managed to preorder a copy at one of my local
          bookshops. The girls there all know my names, so it's great; they pull a few
          strings for me. Sadly no discounts yet, not that I really expected them.
          Though it would be nice if I could get them with how expensive books are
          these days, with that said, who knows, by the end of this year I may have
          snared a job there. ^^ Then I'd get my discounts.

          _____

            Message 5 of 13 , May 3, 2008
              I just want to know if it happens before or after they're captured and
              separated.

              _____

              "lynn.flewelling" <lbflewelling2@ <mailto:lbflewelling2%40roadrunner.com>
              roadrunner.com> wrote:
              It occurred to me that I haven't tortured you with a snippet in a while.
              Here's one to tide you
              over to June.

              Alec bent over him, concerned. "Does it still hurt?"

              "No," Seregil gasped, "but that was less fun than I thought it would be."

            • sabriel902
              Message 6 of 13 , May 3, 2008
                It's amazing how two short lines can send soooo many thoughts reeling!
                I'd managed to forget how much I want NR 4, but now you have to go and
                stir it up again! XD

                As you so rightfully called it; torture!

                --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lynn.flewelling"
                <lbflewelling2@...> wrote:

                > It occurred to me that I haven't tortured you with a snippet in a
                while. Here's one to tide you
                > over to June.
                >

                > Alec bent over him, concerned. "Does it still hurt?"
                >
                > "No," Seregil gasped, "but that was less fun than I thought it would
                be."

              • Michelle
                Message 7 of 13 , May 3, 2008
                  Hee hee! I'm going to imagine that this is a good scene, a comical one! Even if it isn't... all the rest have been so sad/scary lately! In my mind, this is only going to give me good, silly, happy thoughts! ...As I anxiously await the release of this book.

                  -Michelle

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 3, 2008
                    I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but I have over 800 messages in my mailbox. Is it set for a June release? For some reason, when a new book has the month copyright on it, it's usually on store shelves the month before. I have a couple on order.

                    I'd love to have it for my vacation. (Again, I'll read the last few pages to ensure they're *together* in the end - if not, it's going to the hospital's donation library. ;-) Kelly

                    Message 9 of 13 , May 4, 2008
                      He he, a truly evil snippet... thank you :-)

                    • Harry & Ron
                      Message 10 of 13 , May 4, 2008
                        HAHA.

                        This snippet is much funnier when you read it (as I did, at first), as "Alec
                        bent him over..."

                        (alec must not being doing it right) ;)

                        Message 11 of 13 , May 4, 2008
                          --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Harry & Ron" <harry.and.ron@...> wrote:

                          > HAHA.
                          >
                          > This snippet is much funnier when you read it (as I did, at first), as "Alec
                          > bent him over..."
                          >
                          > (alec must not being doing it right) ;)

                          Tsk tsk. You people and your dirty mind! I can't imagine where you get such ideas.

                          Message 12 of 13 , May 8, 2008
                            Haha.. seriously, that's exactly what i read as well *lol*

                            uh...hm.. well.. does that make me perverted or what? :)

                            > This snippet is much funnier when you read it (as I did, at first),
                            as "Alec
                            > bent him over..."
                            >
                            > (alec must not being doing it right) ;)
                            >

                            > On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 3:06 PM, lynn.flewelling <
                            > lbflewelling2@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > > It occurred to me that I haven't tortured you with a snippet in a
                            while.
                            > > Here's one to tide you
                            > > over to June.
                            > >

                            > > Alec bent over him, concerned. "Does it still hurt?"
                            > >
                            > > "No," Seregil gasped, "but that was less fun than I thought it
                            would be."

                            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • Michelle
                            Message 13 of 13 , May 9, 2008
                              Just means that your Freudian Slip is showing. ^_~