Re: Greetings from a new fan

  • emily_dorckel
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 1, 2008
      > Hi fans of Skala <3
      Why only Skala ?? ;-) (ok, I can't say I'm a fan of Plenimar...)
      Hello again Sabine !

      > No problem, I reckoned that in the first place. Don't like it,
      > though, I wished for Tobin/ Tamir to be happy. >_<
      > I will finish Hidden Warrior... *looks at the book* Today. XD
      Have a nice reading !! (I'm absolutely sure you will !!!)
      I'm also sure you'll absolutely be fond of The Oracle's Queen as
      well ! Let me know when you have finished it and give me back your
      thoughts, I'm curious to know !
      But now, knowing that you almost finished HW, I can give you a few
      more namesakes : Alben (you really don't like this name Lynn !! ;-))
      is one of the less friendly companion of Tobin's and the apothecary
      forger in LitS and you must know Moriel by now who's also the name of
      the Ra'basi khirnari (the gender changed though).

      > It is. *lol*
      Well... I believe you :"-> Never happened to me, I'd hate that...

      > She wouldn't do that for she is one cruel woman. (Sorry Lynn, it's
      > true ;))But she manages to write the worst scenarios in a very very
      > sensitive way.
      You're absolutely right !! But I dont think she's THAT cruel for I
      was sure she would kill one of the characters in TT but she did not
      (won't say which one of course :-p)

      > It's not likely, though, for as Nyal is not a "magician" himself.
      Are you so sure ? Being able of hearing from such a long distance
      must have something magical, don't you think so ? And I thought all
      the 'faie were more or less magical...

      > (In fact I just want you to suffer as much as we do *lol*) But they
      > are really great.
      Heeheee, wicked woman !!
      Well, it's too late : I already read the snippets before starting to
      write on this list and well now I'm as torn as you all are... I'll
      start a new topic about that as I'm curious to have your feedback and
      I'd like to give you all one or two thoughts and also have your
      feedback as well... (I'll finaly spend my whole life in front of this
      computer I'm afraid ;-) Second thoughts : I'll take a break in
      June...)

      Bye !
      Emily
    • Miya Morana
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 1, 2008
        > > I would love to. I went through a little piece of it by train a
        > > long time ago, but that's as much as I've managed. I keep hoping
        > > some French sf convention will want me for a guest.
        > Too bad I don't have any connection in SF edition in France... I will
        > do my best nonetheless. ..
        > And a strange thing is happening here, I don't know if it's a usual
        > process : the french editor have split your Tamir trilogy in 5 books
        > already and I think maybe 2 more are coming

        That is unfortunatly a habit of most French editors. The official excuse is that "people don't buy books of 500 pages" (they split Robin Hobb's books from 6 (Farseer ans Fool's Trilogies) into 13 books), but the real thing, in my opinon at least, is that this way they sell more books and make more money. Greedy folks.

        Miya of Geneva, who would love it to if Lynn could come in Europe

      • emily_dorckel
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 1, 2008
          Hi, Elnnesa !!

          > Hi Emily, and welcome! I love the discussions you have started
          > within the group! First, as you have already been informed, you
          I'm really glad to be able to speak to other fans !! One'll have to
          stop me I'm afraid :-)

          > Its hard to read other things once you have experienced the talent
          > of Lynn! Most authors just are not as good.
          I'm waiting for an other book actually (not as good as NR though, but
          I like this serie too) : Greg Keyes' next Briar King's book (the
          Kingdom of Thorne and Bones series). I don't know if you know this
          one, it's a great story too with a wanderer, a wizard and a hidden
          queen as well.

          > holding the reins of her horse. When they showed him close up, it
          > wasn't exact, but the closest image I can think of to compare to
          > Seregil.
          I've already planned to watch the movies all over again so I'll pay
          attention to this elf (I think I remember his face but I'm not sure)

          > Have you read the snippets for the new book yet? They have the
          > rest of us dancing on edge in anticipation of the release of the
          > book, so maybe you shouldn't!!
          Too late ;-) ! I already read it and I'm like you all now : dancing
          on embers, holding my breath (already full of hate for the poor
          Kenir... - just a joke -) As I said to Sabine, I think I'll start a
          new topic to share my thoughts with ou and hear what you have to say
          as well...
        • emily_dorckel
          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 1, 2008
            > That is unfortunatly a habit of most French editors. The official
            > excuse is that "people don't buy books of 500 pages" (they split
            > Robin Hobb's books from 6 (Farseer ans Fool's Trilogies) into 13
            > books), but the real thing, in my opinon at least, is that this way
            > they sell more books and make more money. Greedy folks.
            I totally agree Miya ! I also think that it's just an excuse to make
            more profit. Let's just hope that the author receives more money that
            way (?)