Re: [Flewelling] Re: call into the deep

  • agnes swart
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8, 2000
      >Pretty much effects I'd say, perhaps to much considering that it
      >takes quite long to "download" them. :(

      yeah. was afraid of that. mine puts it down fine, but then I've got a pretty
      fast connec..

      >And it's all a little bit faint,
      what do you mean by 'faint'? style pic or is it a download thing?

      >and you should try to avoid white pages (or any other single coloured
      >pages) and bring some colour in the monotony of daily life instead.

      too true. but I don't want anything too bright.

      >Yes, I know I'm criticizing to much
      >

      > N�rml

      not too much. thank you!

    • Norman Schwarze
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8, 2000
        > yeah. was afraid of that. mine puts it down fine, but then I've got
        a pretty > fast connec..

        mine too. But I'm not sure if everybody has.

        > >And it's all a little bit faint,
        > what do you mean by 'faint'? style pic or is it a download thing?

        Well you scanned your pictures and didn't paint them on your PC
        (or/and you don't have a good scanner either , i dunno), and that
        makes them look "faint" and in addition there aren't too many
        contrasts. I really can't put this in words it's just what I thought
        and that's it.

        Nörml
      • agnes swart
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 9, 2000
          >Well you scanned your pictures and didn't paint them on your PC
          >(or/and you don't have a good scanner either , i dunno), and that
          >makes them look "faint" and in addition there aren't too many
          >contrasts. I really can't put this in words it's just what I thought
          >and that's it.
          >
          > N�rml

          well, I don't think it's that. I knida faded most pics in photos. they were
          awfully hard. as for contrast, I coloured them there too.. maybe a git fast,
          but I didn't want anything too bright..
        • Rie Sheridan
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 14, 2000
            Stepping in a bit late here, and I haven't had a chance to actually check out
            the site yet, Agnes--but I had to say that many people have told me as I put
            together my page that white is a preferred background for professional looking
            pages. I am sure that you will jazz it up as time permits, but there is nothing
            wrong with a plain white background. It makes the test easier to read. Though
            do as I say, not as I do, because I don't think I have a single white
            background......

            Rie

            --
            Senior Staff Editor (Fiction/Writing Dept.) Verge Communications, LLC:
            http://www.vergemag.com

            Visit my website: http://clik.to/rievisions

          • agnes swart
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 14, 2000
              >pages. I am sure that you will jazz it up as time permits, but there is
              >nothing
              >wrong with a plain white background. It makes the test easier to read.
              >Though
              >do as I say, not as I do, because I don't think I have a single white
              >background......
              >
              >Rie

              will do in the pages that ectually need reading.. most is pics though.
            • FireDreamer
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 14, 2000
                Rie Sheridan wrote:

                > Stepping in a bit late here, and I haven't had a chance to actually check out
                > the site yet, Agnes--but I had to say that many people have told me as I put
                > together my page that white is a preferred background for professional looking
                > pages. I am sure that you will jazz it up as time permits, but there is nothing
                > wrong with a plain white background. It makes the test easier to read. Though
                > do as I say, not as I do, because I don't think I have a single white
                > background......

                I do...there's alot you can do with white pages....^-^; Personally it's
                easier creating webgraphics that focus on a white background(or
                black..either one really) than anything else because you don't have to
                match colors or patterns...you can make your page look bright and
                cheerful or bright and sad.....*giggles* sorry...I like designing
                webpages.....I'll be quiet now..*goes back to semi-lurk mode*

                --
                FireDreamer
                Email: peshumelga@... | ICQ: 83937358