Re: [Flewelling] call into the deep

  • Tamara Myers
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 8, 2000
      Agnes,

      I'm getting your opening page, but nothing opens from
      there for me--but geocities *does* say it's a problem
      with thier stuff, so it probably has nothing to do
      with the page.

      BTW I *liked* the fade-in/fade-out of Ashess on that
      opening page, but I didn't like two things:

      1) Anal retentive thing that I am, I really didn't
      like "extacy". I know "ecstasy" doesn't have quite
      the same feel, but hey, I'm one of those people who
      wince at the word "Thru", too, so you should probably
      ignore me ;)

      2) I'm going back and forth on the capital "S" at the
      end of "Ashess". Sometimes I'm okay with it, but then
      I find myself wishing that the final fade-in of the
      word would match the shadow "Ashess"es that have been
      fading in and out the whole time.

      I *really* want to get in to see the art, though--I'm
      gonna keep trying to get in. I am *not* an artist (no
      talent for it), but I love seeing and enjoying what
      others can do.

      Tamara
      --- agnes swart <agnesswart@...> wrote:
      > been awfully quiet round here... anyone still out
      > there?
      > or has everyone decided to silently promt Lynn on
      > with her writing?
      >
      > *oeps*
      >
      > awmh,.. now that I'm breaking the code anyway, maybe
      > someone could do me a
      > favour and check out my page.
      >
      > tell me if the startup is working.. there's supposed
      > to be a flashing letter
      > background and changing text. I hear it's not always
      > comming through.
      >
      > oh, and tell me what you think of my artwork while
      > your there; post
      > something in the forums or such. *shrughs*
      >
      > Idunno. anything.:
      >
      > ashess.8m.com
      >
      > or,
      >
      > http://www.geocities.com/asashess/index.html
      >
      > AS.
      > (grumbles sorry about those last mess. hotmail is
      > acting WEIRD!)

      http://invites.yahoo.com/
    • agnes swart
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 8, 2000

        >Tamara

        good points all. I'll work on them. I'll give you the URL to the page you
        shoud have gotten directed to.

        http://www.geocities.com/asashess/indexaf.html

        if that doesn't work either, try

        http://www.geocities.com/asashess/startoff.html

        AS.
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 8, 2000
          In a message dated 8/8/00 11:21:06 AM, agnesswart@... writes:

          >been awfully quiet round here... anyone still out there?

          **type type type type typity type edit edit type type type edit type typity
          type edit edit type**

          ;-)
        • agnes swart
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 8, 2000

            >**type type type type typity type edit edit type type type edit type
            >typity
            >type edit edit type**
            >
            >;-)

            your excusenote is excepted. no more gym-class!

            AS.

          • Teresa ���
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 8, 2000
              >In a message dated 8/8/00 11:21:06 AM, agnesswart@... writes:
              >
              > >been awfully quiet round here... anyone still out there?
              >

              >**type type type type typity type edit edit type type type edit type
              >typity
              >type edit edit type**
              >
              >;-)

              yeah!! You keep it up Lynn!! *mischievous grin*

              I've just started on Tanya Huff's Quarter series and I like it! Well, you
              know I started in the wrong end, read 'the Quarted sea' (is that right?)
              first... But I really liked it, and I understood everything. Now I've
              started on Singing the four quarters, and so far I like it!! Any of you read
              them? What's your opinion on it?

              HAve I told you I persuaded my grandmother to start reading Luck?? Now, I
              don't know if she's actually started on it yet, but she's got it... and she
              seemed anxious when she thought I was going to take it back home! That's a
              good sign! :)))

              anything else interesting happened???...hmm, not in my life anyway, except
              for me starting to get nervous about mving to Manchester... but still my
              best friend's decided to come with me (she's gonna looke for work) so it
              could have been worse!! And it's exiting too! I'm leaving home soon!!!
              *thrilled laughter*

              well, cheers!! :)
              Teresa
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 9, 2000
                In a message dated 8/8/00 10:52:02 PM GMT Daylight Time, Leafmirror@...
                writes:

                > In a message dated 8/8/00 11:21:06 AM, agnesswart@... writes:
                >
                > >been awfully quiet round here... anyone still out there?
                >

                > **type type type type typity type edit edit type type type edit type
                typity

                > type edit edit type**
                >
                > ;-)

                Now that's the sound we like to hear coming from Lynn ;-).

                Helen is off doing list-mommy type things, and umm being really efficient...
                ok the truth... I'm months behind with updating our village web-site which
                I'm supposed to be the webmistress of, and I'm knee-deep in screen grabs of
                really exciting things like the village horticultural show, and who's got the
                biggest marrow ? <giggle>. Alec or Seregil she says innocently bringing this
                email back on topic...

                Helen
              • Stephen Morse
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 10, 2000
                  On 8 Aug 2000, at 22:22, Teresa ¤¤¤ wrote:

                  > I've just started on Tanya Huff's Quarter series and I like it! Well,
                  > you know I started in the wrong end, read 'the Quarted sea' (is that
                  > right?) first... But I really liked it, and I understood everything.
                  > Now I've started on Singing the four quarters, and so far I like it!!
                  > Any of you read them? What's your opinion on it?

                  I have read the whole series and I really enjoyed them. It was
                  interesting to read a book in which alternate sexuality just wasn't
                  an issue.

                  {The first book is about a woman who's living with another woman...
                  and gets pregnant from a guy she slept with. Fine for everyone
                  else, but not fine for the King's sister who's pregnancy is officially
                  treason. Oh, and then it gets interesting}

                  Stephen Morse

                  "You have some queer friends, Dorothy," she said.

                  "The queerness doesn't matter so long as they're friends," was the
                  answer.

                  The Road to Oz, Frank L. Baum