Re: Bantam Cover Art for Shadows Return!

  • tawariel
    Message 1 of 27 , Dec 4, 2007
      Great cover. I agree with what everybody else said.
      We are very happy fans! *bg*

      The only thing that bugs me about it is the earring. Somehow I can't
      see Seregil wear a pirat's earring. Lord Seregil would be too stylish
      for something that large and the Cat wouldn't wear it bcause the glint
      might give him away or it might rip out in a fight.

      But all in all, great art. :-)

      Tawariel

      --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lynn_flewelling" <otterdance2@...>
      wrote:

      > You can find the cover at my LJ. I'll post a copy to the files here
      when I get a chance.
      > http://otterdance.livejournal.com/
      >
      > I am a Very Happy Author!

    • Rey Baskerville
      Message 2 of 27 , Dec 4, 2007
        RE: Earring... No doubt Seregil accessorises according to any of the many hats he wears :-)

        Be available to more good than you have ever experienced, realized or imagined before.

        wrote:

        > You can find the cover at my LJ. I'll post a copy to the files here
        when I get a chance.
        > http://otterdance. livejournal. com/
        >
        > I am a Very Happy Author!

      • Silbran
        Message 3 of 27 , Dec 4, 2007
          Lynn,

          the cover is really beautiful. Seregil looks trés chic! ;-)
          Can you tell us the name of the illustrator? I would like to see if I
          can find more on the web from him or her.

          I will count the days 'til the new book comes out.
          But wait: wasn't there the info some time before your editor wanted
          the book to be short? Less than 300000 words?
          Hm, they listened to your advice and got a nice cover. So you could
          probably tell them also your readers like their books quite big and we
          will be glad to have stories with 300000 words and above next time...?

          Much love

          silvia
          Message 4 of 27 , Dec 4, 2007
            --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "tawariel" <tawariel@...> wrote:

            > The only thing that bugs me about it is the earring. Somehow I can't
            > see Seregil wear a pirat's earring. Lord Seregil would be too stylish
            > for something that large and the Cat wouldn't wear it bcause the glint
            > might give him away or it might rip out in a fight.

            I looked at that, and I'm pretty sure that's just the sun glinting off a stray lock of hair. It's
            way too big to be an earring.
          • Michelle
            Message 5 of 27 , Dec 4, 2007
              Wow! I didn't even notice the disc at first! *goes back to check* Yeah, that's definitely cool that they threw that in there. :D

              Message 6 of 27 , Dec 4, 2007
                Earring in general, yes. But did you see the size of that earring?
                That's the size a female fortune teller or dancer might wear, but not a
                lord even if he is a dandy.

                Tawariel

                Message 7 of 27 , Dec 4, 2007
                  Yeah, I'll pretend it's hair. Good idea.
                  The size is what bugs me most. It's a decidedly female earring size and
                  I could only see Seregil wear something like that when he is in disguise
                  as a gypsy girl or something like that.

                  Tawariel

                  lynn_flewelling schrieb:
                  > I looked at that, and I'm pretty sure that's just the sun glinting off a stray lock of hair. It's
                  > way too big to be an earring.

                • Michelle
                  Message 8 of 27 , Dec 4, 2007
                    It really looks like hair to me. Not only is it way too big to be an earring, it's also starting way too high for where it seems like his earlobe would be. Not to mention, it's moving in the same direction as the other lock of hair to the right in the picture. AND it's the same color as the other wispy white hair (most likely caught by the sun, as Lynn said) to the far right, on Seregil's left.

                    It's just curved like an earring and seems metallic in color. Not to mention, it doesn't end like an earring over by his ear. I don't think you have to pretend it's hair. I'm about 98% certain that it IS hair.

                    lynn_flewelling schrieb:

                    > I looked at that, and I'm pretty sure that's just the sun glinting off a stray lock of hair. It's

                    > way too big to be an earring.

                    <!--

                    #ygrp-mkp{
                    #ygrp-mkp hr{