Re: Latest Book Available on Amazon

  • Britta Niemann
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 14, 2007
      Hi, I'm new in this group but not new to Lynn's books... I'm German, but I prefer to read them in English. Shiva please order the NR books again in English, the translation is not only bad but also wrong in parts ( e.g. in one case "bemused" is translated with "belustigt" which means "amused"...) and whole sentences and even paragraphs are left out! I hated them so much that I threw them away (no joke) and reread the original versions.
      Sorry if this was posted before.

    • Shiva
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 14, 2007
        Hey Britta,

        yeah, we had it about German translations and how bad they were. I am aware
        of the mistakes even without reading the originals, there are things that
        make me shiver. (--> Efeuquell omg)
        Now having "The Bone Doll's Twin" in my hands I am convinced that the
        original is always the better choice. I hope, my package with "Hidden
        Warrior" will arrive today, so that I can finish reading the first part.
        *lol*

        The NR-series is something that will certainly come to me in English, too.
        But for now I have to save some money - not so long till christmas. >_<
        But next year, I will get them before I read "Shadows Return".

        Greets
        Sabine

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 14, 2007
          A new publisher, Otherworld Verlag, has acquired the rights to the three Tamir books. The
          previous publisher, Bastei, published (and translated) only Bone Doll, so hopefully
          Otherworld will produce more pleasing translations.

          Lynn :-)