Re: [Flewelling] Today's NR Snippet

  • Mary Skliar
    Message 1 of 25 , Aug 31, 2007
      Oh, there's quite a bit of plot there... Yummy. Thank you so much. Even with the sky unseen behind all the clouds my morning is sunny. And the ending, the ending!!! *skipping and laughing* Why am I always compared to fish? LOL.

      lynn_flewelling <otterdance2@...> wrote: (In honor of the naming of the book, here's a hot, steaming snippet, fresh from my brain
      and unadulterated by editing of any sort.)

      "By the Flame, there must be good money in it," Micum said, pretending to be impressed.
      "How's a man get into that business, anyway?"

      Eyes narrowed around the table at that. "You asking, Skala?"

      Micum gave them an offended sneer. "I'm a northlander! No queens for me. No sir, I'm a
      free man, free to do as I please. And . . " He paused and gave them a knowing wink.
      "Making money always pleases me. Only I'm wondering, if old Ulan knows the cargo you
      carry, why does he let your ships anywhere near his fai'thast, eh?"

      A Zengati with a scar across the bridge of his nose leaned in and whispered, "That is
      because of the agreement."

      "What agreement?" Thero asked, speaking up at last.

      Notis and the others went silent and suddenly all eyes were on Thero, and not looking too
      friendly.

      "That's a Skalan you're with," Notis growled.

      "That one?" Micum jerked a dismissive thumb at Thero. "Don't mind him. I met him on the
      ship coming over and he's been buying the drinks. What do you say, Thorwin? You too
      proud to earn your living?"

      It took Thero only a second to realize that he was Thorwin, and that a great deal rode on
      the proper response. "Since my father cast me out, I've made my own way just fine," he
      shot back, trying to match the coarse, off hand way Micum had been speaking. "One
      country's silver spends the same as any other's in my experience."

      The others stared at him a moment then burst out laughing, and Micum with them.

      Notis slapped Micum on the shoulder, rocking on the bench. "You got you a fine
      companion, friend. He talks like a priest, all stiff like a dead fish." He stood and locked his
      arms at his sides, shuffling drunkenly from foot to foot, much to the amusement of his
      friends.

      /Why am I always compared to fish?/ Thero wondered, though he was a bit relieved by the
      reaction.

    • Silbran
      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 1, 2007
        Me too awaited the last Potter to finally read the end of this story.
        Naturally I got it immidiately after it came out. I was in the middle
        of the Tamir Trilogy then and left it for a while to read Harry Potter.
        After the rather good start I casted more and more longing looks on
        Hidden Warrior beneath my bed. Its so much better written and I always
        cared much more for Tamir and Ki than I ever have for HP as a character.

        In the end I hurried to finnish HP7 as quick as possible to get
        finally back to Hidden Warrior. I felt really sorry after finnishing
        The Oracles Queen.

        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Michelle <hametsunosaturn@...> wrote:

        > Me too!
        >
        > Haha, with all the people going crazy over Harry
        > Potter (which I'm not a fan of, actually) it just
        > makes me what Lynn's book to come out all the more.
        > Like, "Aw, I wanna get excited and stay up all night
        > reading a book I've been waiting for!"
        >

        > --- Kim Hoang Bui Thi <bui_kim2002@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Damn... sweet torture... I can't wait to get my
        > > fingers on this book!

        > > removed]

        user panel and lay it on us.

      • Sabine Schnurre
        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 2, 2007
          OMG!
          *screams*
          I just came back from my holiday in Poland and checked my emails.
          This is just... great. O.o
          The new book is ready. And it has a title. AND I can read a few words from it! OMG!!!! Perfect day. ^__^ Congrats for finishing your book, I can't wait to read it!

          Micum is back! *ignores that this has been said before* And Thero is a great fish. XD
          Hope, we will see some part of Zengat in part 4. All along I had the feeling, they should travel to Zengat - without any possible reason behind it...

          Cya
          Sabine

          Jetzt neu! Schützen Sie Ihren PC mit McAfee und WEB.DE. 3 Monate
        • walker_of_the_shadow_path
          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 3, 2007
            Does it say something about my mental state that I thought it
            said 'here's a hot, STEAMY snippet' and was therefore a bit surprised
            to fing Micum and Thero rather than Seregil & Alec? lol.

            Not that I'm disappointed - I loved the snippet. And Thero's fish
            comment just rocks :)

            > > (In honor of the naming of the book, here's a hot, steaming
            snippet, fresh from my brain
            > > and unadulterated by editing of any sort.)

            > Jetzt neu! Schützen Sie Ihren PC mit McAfee und WEB.DE. 3 Monate
            > kostenlos testen. http://www.pc-sicherheit.web.de/startseite/?
            mc=022220

          • Michelle
            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 3, 2007
              Yeah, I went through the same thing when I first read
              it. :P

              --- walker_of_the_shadow_path <Ewolf@...>

              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 3, 2007
                Sheesh, you guys!

                ;-)

                --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Michelle <hametsunosaturn@...> wrote:

                > Yeah, I went through the same thing when I first read
                > it. :P
                >

                > --- walker_of_the_shadow_path <Ewolf@...>
                > wrote:
                >
                > > Does it say something about my mental state that I
                > > thought it
                > > said 'here's a hot, STEAMY snippet' and was
                > > therefore a bit surprised
                > > to fing Micum and Thero rather than Seregil & Alec?
                > > lol.
                > >
                > > Not that I'm disappointed - I loved the snippet. And
                > > Thero's fish
                > > comment just rocks :)

                > > hot, steaming
                > > snippet, fresh from my brain

                > > > Jetzt neu! Schützen Sie Ihren PC mit McAfee und
                > > WEB.DE. 3 Monate
                > > > kostenlos testen.
                > > http://www.pc-sicherheit.web.de/startseite/?
                > > mc=022220

                > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's
                economy) at Yahoo! Games.

              • Michelle
                Message 7 of 25 , Sep 3, 2007
                  Just shows how much we miss them, Lynn!! :P