RE: [Flewelling] Thoughts on Tharin

  • Sylvia Hörner
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2007
      I really like Tharin, too.
      Mostly, because he is one of only two persons, who are honest and true all the time.
      He doesn't know, who Tobin really is, but loves him dearly.
      He knows, Rhius doesn't answer his feelings, but stays faithful, still.

      And in opposition to almost everyone else, all his actings, which seem to be done for the sake of others, really ARE. He never does anything for his own good, or for influence and power, like Rhius, Erius, etc.

      Yes...a good one!

      usullusa <usullusa@...> schrieb: Tharin! *writhes*
      So, I read the Tamir trilogy after finishing the Nightrunner books,
      and I have to say my favorite character by far, in the Tamir story,
      was Tharin. Such devotion and love, it was the most heart wrenching
      thing I've read in a while. In my head he always has this air of
      quiet sadness about him, even though I feel like he's at peace with
      himself and the world and happy to love and serve Tamir (and smack
      her/Ki upside the head when needed) Like, even though he's okay with
      it, he's always aware that Rhius is dead, never mind the entire
      ordeal with casting him aside for Ariani.

      Which isn't to say that I wasn't on the edge of my seat for most of
      OQ hoping eveything would work out for Tamir. (And oh those sickening
      few pages when Ki nearly died) And the image Arkoniel describes when
      Tamir and Ki exchange vows was "awwwww" worthy.

      But but, my heart yearns for Tharin! I fear I will wander around for
      days crying out his name forlornly.

      I don't know if I can see him finding love again. I think he's too
      devoted to serving Tamir. And even that is an act of love for Rhius,
      because she is his child and Rhius charged him with caring for
      Tobin/Tamir with his dying breath.