Re: [Flewelling] Hoi Hoi!

  • Michelle
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 8, 2007
      Woo! Good to have another member! If you liked the
      first book, that's great, because they just keep
      getting better. :) Then you can join us in waiting for
      the fourth book.

      I wish I could link you to the Seregil and Micum
      snippet, but I wasn't aware that there was one. So if
      anyone else remembers where it is, I'd love to read it
      too. :)

      Also, you might want to be careful reading some of the
      other snippet posts and replies, because there tend to
      be a lot of spoilers in there for the other two books.
      Just a heads up.

      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 8, 2007
        Welcome to the group!
        And the Seregil meets Micum snippet is here
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flewelling/message/7653

        Tawariel

        Michelle schrieb:
        > Woo! Good to have another member! If you liked the
        > first book, that's great, because they just keep
        > getting better. :) Then you can join us in waiting for
        > the fourth book.
        >
        > I wish I could link you to the Seregil and Micum
        > snippet, but I wasn't aware that there was one. So if
        > anyone else remembers where it is, I'd love to read it
        > too. :)
        >
        > Also, you might want to be careful reading some of the
        > other snippet posts and replies, because there tend to
        > be a lot of spoilers in there for the other two books.
        > Just a heads up.
      • lmsyg
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 9, 2007
          Thanks for the welcome, all of you! I'm happy to find such a friendly
          group that share my interest. I'll be careful about spoilers but I'm
          sure I'll be all caught up in no time. Looking forward to reading the
          Tamir series too, although I suspect it'll be difficult to part with
          Seregil and company when the time comes.

          I can't wait to read the Seregil-Micum snippet. Thanks for the link,
          Tawariel.

          Sara

          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 9, 2007
            --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lmsyg" <lmsyg@...> wrote:

            > Thanks for the welcome, all of you! I'm happy to find such a friendly
            > group that share my interest. I'll be careful about spoilers but I'm
            > sure I'll be all caught up in no time. Looking forward to reading the
            > Tamir series too, although I suspect it'll be difficult to part with
            > Seregil and company when the time comes.

            You do know that I'm writing two more NR books, right?

            ;-)

            Lynn
          • Dale & Veronica Albers
            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 9, 2007
              I didn't know it was two! Wow! That's ambition and as a fan I'm completely grateful!

              Veronica
              > Thanks for the welcome, all of you! I'm happy to find such a friendly
              > group that share my interest. I'll be careful about spoilers but I'm
              > sure I'll be all caught up in no time. Looking forward to reading the
              > Tamir series too, although I suspect it'll be difficult to part with
              > Seregil and company when the time comes.

              You do know that I'm writing two more NR books, right?

              ;-)

            • the_world_according_to_nae
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 9, 2007
                I am currently doing what could well be described as "The Seregil and
                Alec Dance of Unbridled Joy" (and let me tell you, it's not unlike a
                wildly spasming version of the chicken dance).

                Bad dancing aside, I'm ecstatic!

                I think I speak for all of us when I say, "Thank you, thank you, thank
                you!"

                The indicator of a good book to me has always been how much the
                characters live on in my head afterwards. I think about how they will
                handle this or that, what is going to happen when one of them does
                whatever, how their relationship/s will develop, how they will
                personally grow and change over time, etc etc. And, yes, Seregil and
                Alec are still very much in there. I can't wait to see where you take
                them.

                Thanks Lynn!

                Nae

                --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lynn_flewelling" <otterdance2@...>

                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 9, 2007
                  Two??? When will the second come out? Can I mark it into my calendar for
                  2010? Pretty please?

                  Tawariel :-)

                  Dale & Veronica Albers schrieb:
                  > I didn't know it was two! Wow! That's ambition and as a fan I'm completely grateful!
                  >
                  > Veronica

                • Michelle
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jun 10, 2007
                    Two more? Awesome! :D

                    Lynn's a wonderful person. We love her. <3

                    Message 9 of 22 , Jun 10, 2007
                      Thanks for the link, too! :)

                      http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jun 10, 2007
                        > Two??? When will the second come out? Can I mark it into my calendar
                        for
                        > 2010? Pretty please?
                        >
                        > Tawariel :-)

                        i am more for 2009... we should make a poll on that! *lol*
                        seriously, those dates make me wonder, how far we have come really.
                        It's not like it was yesterday when I read LITS for the very first
                        time. But still, i was a teenager back then ;-P
                        And come to think of it, I have been lurking, or rather rambling, on
                        this list since a loong time as well....
                      • shannon wilson
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jun 10, 2007
                          Hey can someone send me the rest of other snippets Please. Because I only joined 5-6 weeks ago....

                          Message 12 of 22 , Jun 10, 2007
                            You can try searching on the yahoo site for "snippet". You'll have to
                            sort through the answers, but it's worth it. *bg*
                            And some are also posted in the Files.

                            Tawariel

                            Message 13 of 22 , Jun 10, 2007
                              Thanks

                              Tawariel <tawariel@...> wrote: You can try searching on the yahoo site for "snippet". You'll have to

                              shannon wilson schrieb:
                              > Hey can someone send me the rest of other snippets Please. Because I only joined 5-6 weeks ago....

                            • MonaLee
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jun 10, 2007
                                Lynn...Is this in addition to the fourth book that is already done (she
                                asks hopefully) or does it include the fourth one that I am eagerly
                                awaiting next summer?

                                Monalee (who adores Seregil and Alec)

                                > 1d. Re: Hoi Hoi!
                                > Posted by: "lynn_flewelling" otterdance2@... lynn_flewelling
                                > Date: Sat Jun 9, 2007 6:36 am ((PDT))
                                >
                                > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lmsyg" <lmsyg@...> wrote:
                                >
                                >> Thanks for the welcome, all of you! I'm happy to find such a friendly
                                >> group that share my interest. I'll be careful about spoilers but I'm
                                >> sure I'll be all caught up in no time. Looking forward to reading the
                                >> Tamir series too, although I suspect it'll be difficult to part with
                                >> Seregil and company when the time comes.
                                >>

                                > You do know that I'm writing two more NR books, right?
                                >
                                > ;-)
                                >
                                > Lynn

                                E-mail message checked by PC Tools Spyware Doctor (5.0.0.186)
                                Database version: 5.07360
                                http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jun 11, 2007
                                  I'm still writing the fourth NR book, and then will write a fifth.

                                  --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, MonaLee <monalee@...> wrote:

                                  > Lynn...Is this in addition to the fourth book that is already done (she
                                  > asks hopefully) or does it include the fourth one that I am eagerly
                                  > awaiting next summer?
                                  >
                                  > Monalee (who adores Seregil and Alec)
                                  >

                                  > > 1d. Re: Hoi Hoi!
                                  > > Posted by: "lynn_flewelling" otterdance2@... lynn_flewelling
                                  > > Date: Sat Jun 9, 2007 6:36 am ((PDT))
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lmsyg" <lmsyg@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > >> Thanks for the welcome, all of you! I'm happy to find such a friendly
                                  > >> group that share my interest. I'll be careful about spoilers but I'm
                                  > >> sure I'll be all caught up in no time. Looking forward to reading the
                                  > >> Tamir series too, although I suspect it'll be difficult to part with
                                  > >> Seregil and company when the time comes.
                                  > >>

                                  > > You do know that I'm writing two more NR books, right?
                                  > >
                                  > > ;-)
                                  > >
                                  > > Lynn
                                  > >

                                  > E-mail message checked by PC Tools Spyware Doctor (5.0.0.186)
                                  > Database version: 5.07360
                                  > http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/

                                • Mercury
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jun 12, 2007
                                    are they going to go together like luck in the shadows and stalking
                                    darkness?

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jun 12, 2007
                                      --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Mercury" <demosthenesmercury@...> wrote:

                                      > are they going to go together like luck in the shadows and stalking
                                      > darkness?

                                      Yep!
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jun 13, 2007
                                        > > are they going to go together like luck in the shadows and stalking
                                        > > darkness?
                                        > >

                                        > Yep!

                                        is that a "but not in the way you might think, be ready for some
                                        suprises" yes

                                        or a

                                        "everything will stay the same with their relationship, just the way
                                        you would expect it" yes?

                                        noerml - tryin to get some information out of that Godess :D
                                      • Michelle
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jun 13, 2007
                                          lol, I'm gonna guess that answer is either gonna be
                                          the first one or somewhere between your two
                                          suggestions. I think we should always be wary of some
                                          surprises.

                                          --- noerml <noerml@...> wrote:

                                          > > > are they going to go together like luck in the
                                          > shadows and stalking
                                          > > > darkness?
                                          > > >

                                          > > Yep!
                                          >

                                          > is that a "but not in the way you might think, be
                                          > ready for some
                                          > suprises" yes
                                          >
                                          > or a
                                          >
                                          > "everything will stay the same with their
                                          > relationship, just the way
                                          > you would expect it" yes?
                                          >
                                          > noerml - tryin to get some information out of that
                                          > Godess :D

                                          Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
                                          http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222
                                        • deweylist2
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jun 14, 2007
                                            --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "noerml" <noerml@...> wrote:

                                            > > > are they going to go together like luck in the shadows and stalking
                                            > > > darkness?
                                            > > >

                                            > > Yep!
                                            >

                                            > is that a "but not in the way you might think, be ready for some
                                            > suprises" yes
                                            >
                                            > or a
                                            >
                                            > "everything will stay the same with their relationship, just the way
                                            > you would expect it" yes?

                                            I assumed she meant that books 4 and 5 would be one story divided over
                                            two books. Like the first two Nightrunner books were one story.

                                            I think Lynn likes the cliffhanger...

                                            Dewey