Re: [Flewelling] Hoi Hoi!

  • bickpl@bu.edu
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 8, 2007
      Hello Sara,

      The good news is that once you finish the NR books, there's 3 other
      books written by Lynn that you'd probably also like. The Tamir Triad
      takes place in the history of the NR world and focuses on the childhood
      of Queen Tamir II (the one who grew up "disguised as a boy").

      Welcome and enjoy!

      Tricia

      Quoting lmsyg <lmsyg@...>:

      > Hello, I'm new to the list and a new fan of the Nightrunner world.
      > I've only just finished the first book so I'm happy that I still have
      > 2 more books to enjoy before I start going on withdrawal. Anyway, I
      > was recommended this list through a livejournal friend. I'm normally
      > more familiar with LJ but browsing through this list, I'm glad to find
      > it so active and well maintained. So I'm glad to be a member.
      >
      > I'm embarrassed to ask a favor so soon, but could anyone point me to
      > the Seregil meets Micum snippet Lynn posted. I heard about it and I
      > really wanted to read it since I'm a big Seregil/Micum shipper, hehe.
      > Thanks in advance, and I look forward to reading and joining the
      > discussions here.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Sara

    • Michelle
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 8, 2007
        Woo! Good to have another member! If you liked the
        first book, that's great, because they just keep
        getting better. :) Then you can join us in waiting for
        the fourth book.

        I wish I could link you to the Seregil and Micum
        snippet, but I wasn't aware that there was one. So if
        anyone else remembers where it is, I'd love to read it
        too. :)

        Also, you might want to be careful reading some of the
        other snippet posts and replies, because there tend to
        be a lot of spoilers in there for the other two books.
        Just a heads up.

        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 8, 2007
          Welcome to the group!
          And the Seregil meets Micum snippet is here
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flewelling/message/7653

          Tawariel

          Michelle schrieb:
          > Woo! Good to have another member! If you liked the
          > first book, that's great, because they just keep
          > getting better. :) Then you can join us in waiting for
          > the fourth book.
          >
          > I wish I could link you to the Seregil and Micum
          > snippet, but I wasn't aware that there was one. So if
          > anyone else remembers where it is, I'd love to read it
          > too. :)
          >
          > Also, you might want to be careful reading some of the
          > other snippet posts and replies, because there tend to
          > be a lot of spoilers in there for the other two books.
          > Just a heads up.
        • lmsyg
          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 9, 2007
            Thanks for the welcome, all of you! I'm happy to find such a friendly
            group that share my interest. I'll be careful about spoilers but I'm
            sure I'll be all caught up in no time. Looking forward to reading the
            Tamir series too, although I suspect it'll be difficult to part with
            Seregil and company when the time comes.

            I can't wait to read the Seregil-Micum snippet. Thanks for the link,
            Tawariel.

            Sara

            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 9, 2007
              --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lmsyg" <lmsyg@...> wrote:

              > Thanks for the welcome, all of you! I'm happy to find such a friendly
              > group that share my interest. I'll be careful about spoilers but I'm
              > sure I'll be all caught up in no time. Looking forward to reading the
              > Tamir series too, although I suspect it'll be difficult to part with
              > Seregil and company when the time comes.

              You do know that I'm writing two more NR books, right?

              ;-)

              Lynn
            • Dale & Veronica Albers
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 9, 2007
                I didn't know it was two! Wow! That's ambition and as a fan I'm completely grateful!

                Veronica
                > Thanks for the welcome, all of you! I'm happy to find such a friendly
                > group that share my interest. I'll be careful about spoilers but I'm
                > sure I'll be all caught up in no time. Looking forward to reading the
                > Tamir series too, although I suspect it'll be difficult to part with
                > Seregil and company when the time comes.

                You do know that I'm writing two more NR books, right?

                ;-)

              • the_world_according_to_nae
                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 9, 2007
                  I am currently doing what could well be described as "The Seregil and
                  Alec Dance of Unbridled Joy" (and let me tell you, it's not unlike a
                  wildly spasming version of the chicken dance).

                  Bad dancing aside, I'm ecstatic!

                  I think I speak for all of us when I say, "Thank you, thank you, thank
                  you!"

                  The indicator of a good book to me has always been how much the
                  characters live on in my head afterwards. I think about how they will
                  handle this or that, what is going to happen when one of them does
                  whatever, how their relationship/s will develop, how they will
                  personally grow and change over time, etc etc. And, yes, Seregil and
                  Alec are still very much in there. I can't wait to see where you take
                  them.

                  Thanks Lynn!

                  Nae

                  --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lynn_flewelling" <otterdance2@...>

                  Message 8 of 22 , Jun 9, 2007
                    Two??? When will the second come out? Can I mark it into my calendar for
                    2010? Pretty please?

                    Tawariel :-)

                    Dale & Veronica Albers schrieb:
                    > I didn't know it was two! Wow! That's ambition and as a fan I'm completely grateful!
                    >
                    > Veronica

                  • Michelle
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jun 10, 2007
                      Two more? Awesome! :D

                      Lynn's a wonderful person. We love her. <3

                      Message 10 of 22 , Jun 10, 2007
                        Thanks for the link, too! :)

                        http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jun 10, 2007
                          > Two??? When will the second come out? Can I mark it into my calendar
                          for
                          > 2010? Pretty please?
                          >
                          > Tawariel :-)

                          i am more for 2009... we should make a poll on that! *lol*
                          seriously, those dates make me wonder, how far we have come really.
                          It's not like it was yesterday when I read LITS for the very first
                          time. But still, i was a teenager back then ;-P
                          And come to think of it, I have been lurking, or rather rambling, on
                          this list since a loong time as well....
                        • shannon wilson
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jun 10, 2007
                            Hey can someone send me the rest of other snippets Please. Because I only joined 5-6 weeks ago....

                            Message 13 of 22 , Jun 10, 2007
                              You can try searching on the yahoo site for "snippet". You'll have to
                              sort through the answers, but it's worth it. *bg*
                              And some are also posted in the Files.

                              Tawariel

                              Message 14 of 22 , Jun 10, 2007
                                Thanks

                                Tawariel <tawariel@...> wrote: You can try searching on the yahoo site for "snippet". You'll have to

                                shannon wilson schrieb:
                                > Hey can someone send me the rest of other snippets Please. Because I only joined 5-6 weeks ago....

                              • MonaLee
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jun 10, 2007
                                  Lynn...Is this in addition to the fourth book that is already done (she
                                  asks hopefully) or does it include the fourth one that I am eagerly
                                  awaiting next summer?

                                  Monalee (who adores Seregil and Alec)

                                  > 1d. Re: Hoi Hoi!
                                  > Posted by: "lynn_flewelling" otterdance2@... lynn_flewelling
                                  > Date: Sat Jun 9, 2007 6:36 am ((PDT))
                                  >
                                  > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lmsyg" <lmsyg@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  >> Thanks for the welcome, all of you! I'm happy to find such a friendly
                                  >> group that share my interest. I'll be careful about spoilers but I'm
                                  >> sure I'll be all caught up in no time. Looking forward to reading the
                                  >> Tamir series too, although I suspect it'll be difficult to part with
                                  >> Seregil and company when the time comes.
                                  >>

                                  > You do know that I'm writing two more NR books, right?
                                  >
                                  > ;-)
                                  >
                                  > Lynn

                                  E-mail message checked by PC Tools Spyware Doctor (5.0.0.186)
                                  Database version: 5.07360
                                  http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jun 11, 2007
                                    I'm still writing the fourth NR book, and then will write a fifth.

                                    --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, MonaLee <monalee@...> wrote:

                                    > Lynn...Is this in addition to the fourth book that is already done (she
                                    > asks hopefully) or does it include the fourth one that I am eagerly
                                    > awaiting next summer?
                                    >
                                    > Monalee (who adores Seregil and Alec)
                                    >

                                    > > 1d. Re: Hoi Hoi!
                                    > > Posted by: "lynn_flewelling" otterdance2@... lynn_flewelling
                                    > > Date: Sat Jun 9, 2007 6:36 am ((PDT))
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lmsyg" <lmsyg@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > >> Thanks for the welcome, all of you! I'm happy to find such a friendly
                                    > >> group that share my interest. I'll be careful about spoilers but I'm
                                    > >> sure I'll be all caught up in no time. Looking forward to reading the
                                    > >> Tamir series too, although I suspect it'll be difficult to part with
                                    > >> Seregil and company when the time comes.
                                    > >>

                                    > > You do know that I'm writing two more NR books, right?
                                    > >
                                    > > ;-)
                                    > >
                                    > > Lynn
                                    > >

                                    > E-mail message checked by PC Tools Spyware Doctor (5.0.0.186)
                                    > Database version: 5.07360
                                    > http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/

                                  • Mercury
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jun 12, 2007
                                      are they going to go together like luck in the shadows and stalking
                                      darkness?

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jun 12, 2007
                                        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Mercury" <demosthenesmercury@...> wrote:

                                        > are they going to go together like luck in the shadows and stalking
                                        > darkness?

                                        Yep!
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jun 13, 2007
                                          > > are they going to go together like luck in the shadows and stalking
                                          > > darkness?
                                          > >

                                          > Yep!

                                          is that a "but not in the way you might think, be ready for some
                                          suprises" yes

                                          or a

                                          "everything will stay the same with their relationship, just the way
                                          you would expect it" yes?

                                          noerml - tryin to get some information out of that Godess :D
                                        • Michelle
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jun 13, 2007
                                            lol, I'm gonna guess that answer is either gonna be
                                            the first one or somewhere between your two
                                            suggestions. I think we should always be wary of some
                                            surprises.

                                            --- noerml <noerml@...> wrote:

                                            > > > are they going to go together like luck in the
                                            > shadows and stalking
                                            > > > darkness?
                                            > > >

                                            > > Yep!
                                            >

                                            > is that a "but not in the way you might think, be
                                            > ready for some
                                            > suprises" yes
                                            >
                                            > or a
                                            >
                                            > "everything will stay the same with their
                                            > relationship, just the way
                                            > you would expect it" yes?
                                            >
                                            > noerml - tryin to get some information out of that
                                            > Godess :D

                                            Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
                                            http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222
                                          • deweylist2
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Jun 14, 2007
                                              --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "noerml" <noerml@...> wrote:

                                              > > > are they going to go together like luck in the shadows and stalking
                                              > > > darkness?
                                              > > >

                                              > > Yep!
                                              >

                                              > is that a "but not in the way you might think, be ready for some
                                              > suprises" yes
                                              >
                                              > or a
                                              >
                                              > "everything will stay the same with their relationship, just the way
                                              > you would expect it" yes?

                                              I assumed she meant that books 4 and 5 would be one story divided over
                                              two books. Like the first two Nightrunner books were one story.

                                              I think Lynn likes the cliffhanger...

                                              Dewey