Re: NR Japanese book illustrations, take 2

    Message 1 of 23 , May 1, 2007
      > You can always ask if your local book store can order them for you.
      Or
      > your Japanese prof should know where you can order Japanese books in
      > Germany. Even if they don't count for your term, he'll be delighted
      in
      > your interest in Japanese books. ;-)

      oh I know how to order them if I really want them, however it gets
      expensive, rather very expensive. last time i did it I ended up paying
      54 euros for a book that sold for like 7 ;(
    • Virgínia Jansen
      Message 2 of 23 , May 2, 2007
        Oh, thanks a lot for scanning the covers and other illustrations, Alice!
        I loved the one with ruetha and Alec by the window!
        Even when I was first reading Nightrunners books I was imagining everything
        going on as a manga/anime (the reference style was Lodoss War mixed with
        Escaflowne) and NOT as a real 'movie'...Well, I know this is a really far
        fetched project but , alas, this Japanese covers are enough for me. The rest
        my imagination can take care of the rest ^_^
        Sugoi!
        Miriade
        --
        " 'Do you know, I always thought Unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I
        never saw one alive before!'

      • the_world_according_to_nae
        Message 3 of 23 , May 3, 2007
          Hey everyone! I'm an excited new NR fan who has just joined (And I
          am, what many would describe as, 'Over the moon!' to find Lyn posting
          new NR snippets....YAY!!!!)

          I really liked these Japanese covers as well - especially of Alec
          sitting in the window with Seregil's cat. But I must say, my image of
          Alec whilst reading the books was closer to this one by Addie
          Underwood (click on 'Alec and Seregil' bedroom scene):
          http://www.freespaces.com/addie_anne/wallpaper.html

          Richie Glarber's picture of Alec which is half-way down the page on
          the right (note the large blue eyes!) was also pretty close to my
          image of Alec:
          http://www.sff.net/people/Lynn.Flewelling/gallery/g.s.main2001-2002.html

          I found that the Japanese pictures where perhaps missing that
          quintessential wide-eyed innocence of Alec. And plus I like him with
          longer hair!!

          Anyway...they're still good illustrations. It's just interesting how
          we form different pictures in our mind as we come to know these
          characters.
        • the_world_according_to_nae
          Message 4 of 23 , May 3, 2007
            Correction of an error: Sorry, first illustration is apparently by Mathia

            --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "the_world_according_to_nae"
            <the_world_according_to_nae@...> wrote:

            > Hey everyone! I'm an excited new NR fan who has just joined (And I
            > am, what many would describe as, 'Over the moon!' to find Lyn posting
            > new NR snippets....YAY!!!!)
            >
            > I really liked these Japanese covers as well - especially of Alec
            > sitting in the window with Seregil's cat. But I must say, my image of
            > Alec whilst reading the books was closer to this one by Addie
            > Underwood (click on 'Alec and Seregil' bedroom scene):
            > http://www.freespaces.com/addie_anne/wallpaper.html
            >
            > Richie Glarber's picture of Alec which is half-way down the page on
            > the right (note the large blue eyes!) was also pretty close to my
            > image of Alec:
            > http://www.sff.net/people/Lynn.Flewelling/gallery/g.s.main2001-2002.html
            >
            > I found that the Japanese pictures where perhaps missing that
            > quintessential wide-eyed innocence of Alec. And plus I like him with
            > longer hair!!
            >
            > Anyway...they're still good illustrations. It's just interesting how
            > we form different pictures in our mind as we come to know these
            > characters.

          • Addie Underwood
            Message 5 of 23 , May 3, 2007
              Heh,
              Yes Mathia did the image of Seregil and Alec on that. *Wink* Glad you could find, and liked my creations...

              Addie

              Correction of an error: Sorry, first illustration is apparently by Mathia

              --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "the_world_according_to_nae"
              <the_world_according_to_nae@...> wrote:

              > Hey everyone! I'm an excited new NR fan who has just joined (And I
              > am, what many would describe as, 'Over the moon!' to find Lyn posting
              > new NR snippets....YAY!!!!)
              >
              > I really liked these Japanese covers as well - especially of Alec
              > sitting in the window with Seregil's cat. But I must say, my image of
              > Alec whilst reading the books was closer to this one by Addie
              > Underwood (click on 'Alec and Seregil' bedroom scene):
              > http://www.freespaces.com/addie_anne/wallpaper.html
              >
              > Richie Glarber's picture of Alec which is half-way down the page on
              > the right (note the large blue eyes!) was also pretty close to my
              > image of Alec:
              > http://www.sff.net/people/Lynn.Flewelling/gallery/g.s.main2001-2002.html
              >
              > I found that the Japanese pictures where perhaps missing that
              > quintessential wide-eyed innocence of Alec. And plus I like him with
              > longer hair!!
              >
              > Anyway...they're still good illustrations. It's just interesting how
              > we form different pictures in our mind as we come to know these
              > characters.

            • the_world_according_to_nae
              Message 6 of 23 , May 3, 2007
                Found them and loved them!! Thanks so much for helping such amazing
                art get out into the broader world :)

                --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Addie Underwood"