Re: Today's snippet

  • keldain
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 19, 2007
      Thank you! Now I'm even more excited for the next book!

      Oooo...and more about Seregil's past. I'm glad Mydri makes at least a
      brief flash back appearance too! She may not be the nice sweet sister
      Adzriel is, but she cares enough that she showed up to see Seregil in
      TM. There was a brief mention of Illina here too, so I wonder if
      there'll be more on her and Shalar in the next book as well...
    • elnnesa
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 19, 2007
        Thank you!!! This is ONE of the areas that has piqued my
        curiousity! I miss the boys, and am anxiously waiting to become
        involved in their lives again.

        This is a good time to introduce others to the NR series. I've been
        making a point of recommending it to at least one person a week.
        Those I know have had nothing but good to say of the series. The
        others are people in the bookstore looking for something new, so
        feedback is unlikely, but I'm sure the series is being enjoyed by
        those folks as well.

        - In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lynn_flewelling" <otterdance2@...>
        wrote:

        > From Untitled NR 4, Copyright Lynn Flewelling 2007 Do not copy or
        distribute.

        > In deep trouble, an unconscious Seregil dreams of the past.
        >
        > ****
        >
        > "You're still abed?" Mydri called through the tent flap. "Get up,
        Haba, you lazy thing!"
        > "Father's waiting for you at the assembly."
        >
        > Seregil curled deeper in his blankets for a moment, squeezing his
        eyes shut and trying to
        > pretend he hadn't heard. The air was already warm and filled with
        the sawing buzz of
        > summer cicadas. He could tell by the slant of tree shadow through
        the painted canvass
        > that it was well past dawn. He threw back the blankets and sat,
        knowing better than to
        > keep Mydri waiting too long. Adzriel or Illina might shout for him,
        or come in and tickle
        > him awake. Mydri was more likely to give him a slap.
        >
        > No breakfast again, he thought glumly, unless he could charm one of
        his aunts or cousins
        > into giving him something behind his father's back. Or he could
        steal something from one
        > of the other camps; that was a favorite game lately, among his
        friends.

        > He pulled on his long white tunic and tried to brush out the
        wrinkles. One more thing for
        > Mydri to scold him for. He stuck his tongue out at the thought and
        laced on his sandals,
        > then made a hasty job of combing his long brown hair with his
        fingers. He took more care
        > wrapping his dark green sen'gai around his head. When it was
        wrapped and twisted into a
        > proper shape, he paused a moment, then let the long ends hang over
        his left shoulder.
        > He pressed his fingers to his lips, cheeks going warm with the
        memory of last night's
        > stolen kiss in the shadow of the forest. "I have a lover."
        >
        > Shivering happily, he quickly brushed the ends back to hang down
        his back. He wasn't
        > really Seregil's lover, not yet, and even if he had been, Seregil
        certainly wouldn't give that
        > fact away to his father by wearing his sen'gai tails over his
        shoulder like that.

        > Ducking out through the low doorway, he buckled on his knife belt,
        cinching it tight
        > around his thin waist. You've no more hips than a snake does,
        Auntie Alira was fond of