ConBust

  • Erin Danielle
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 13, 2007
      Well, speaking as someone who not only has been to
      every ConBust but helped organize the first one and
      ran the second . . . I would encourage coming to the
      event. If staying with your friend is non-optimal,
      there are multiple hotels and such in the area. I
      don't know which one Lynn's being put up in this year,
      but that'd certainly be one of the options. A little
      on-line research would probably identify the rest. The
      only problem would be transportation; you'd have to
      either find a hotel on the bus lines or get someone to
      pick you up and such. SSFFS does provide limited crash
      space, but I'm afraid that would be sleeping on the
      floor.

      At any rate, do come, and I'll probably see you there.

      Erin
      (Smith alum and former SSFFS president, among other
      roles)

      I have been invited by a friend who attends Smith
      College to attend Conbust and noticed our own goddess
      author on the list of guests. Has anyone out there
      attended Conbust in past years? I live several
      states away and plan to make the trip to Northampton
      by train. At 47 years old I am well beyond the age
      where sleeping on the floor for two or three nights is
      considered fun so I was hoping for some feedback
      before I finalize my plans to go to this event.

      Any past experiences or recommendations would be very
      helpful!

      Teresa

      Be a PS3 game guru.
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 13, 2007
        I should put in my two cents. ConBust is one of my very favorite cons all year. It's so
        intimate, the people are friendly, and the discussions really have substance.

        I'm delighted that they keep having me back. :-) (Now that I'm on the west coast, it's a
        double treat to get back east!)

        Lynn

        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Erin Danielle <theatre_junkie00@...> wrote:

        > Well, speaking as someone who not only has been to
        > every ConBust but helped organize the first one and
        > ran the second . . . I would encourage coming to the
        > event. If staying with your friend is non-optimal,
        > there are multiple hotels and such in the area. I
        > don't know which one Lynn's being put up in this year,
        > but that'd certainly be one of the options. A little
        > on-line research would probably identify the rest. The
        > only problem would be transportation; you'd have to
        > either find a hotel on the bus lines or get someone to
        > pick you up and such. SSFFS does provide limited crash
        > space, but I'm afraid that would be sleeping on the
        > floor.
        >
        > At any rate, do come, and I'll probably see you there.
        >

        > Erin
        > (Smith alum and former SSFFS president, among other
        > roles)
        >

        > I have been invited by a friend who attends Smith
        > College to attend Conbust and noticed our own goddess
        > author on the list of guests. Has anyone out there
        > attended Conbust in past years? I live several
        > states away and plan to make the trip to Northampton
        > by train. At 47 years old I am well beyond the age
        > where sleeping on the floor for two or three nights is
        > considered fun so I was hoping for some feedback
        > before I finalize my plans to go to this event.
        >
        > Any past experiences or recommendations would be very
        > helpful!
        >
        > Teresa

        > Be a PS3 game guru.
        > Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Yahoo! Games.

      • graysurreal
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 14, 2007
          I have a dumb question: When is conbust? I looked on Smith's website,
          and couldn't find it, it's coming up soon (in February) does anyone
          know the dates?
          thanks in advance.
        • Peter Andersson
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 14, 2007
            Google found this site http://sophia.smith.edu/ssffs/conbust/

            graysurreal skrev:
            > I have a dumb question: When is conbust? I looked on Smith's website,
            > and couldn't find it, it's coming up soon (in February) does anyone
            > know the dates?
            > thanks in advance.

          • Ashley Bernier
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 14, 2007
              thanks!
            • lynn.flewelling
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 25, 2009
                Just a reminder that I will be at ConBust convention at Smith College, Northampton Mass. this weekend.
              • Ashley Reale
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 26, 2009
                  Yay! ConBust seems to always creep up on me. See ya there Lynn!

                  To: Flewelling@yahoogroups.com
                  From: lbflewelling2@...
                  Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 04:20:27 +0000
                  Subject: [Flewelling] ConBust

                  Just a reminder that I will be at ConBust convention at Smith College, Northampton Mass. this weekend.