Tamir music!

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 24, 2007
      A while ago the very talented song writer, Sylvia Hoerner, sent me a few songs she'd written,
      based on the Tamir books, which have since been posted on the Gallery site. Then, at
      Christmas, she sent me an ENTIRE ALBUM of songs, a complete cycle. It's really superb, and
      I'm pleased to announce that, with Sylvia's permission, the mp3 downloads, lyrics and
      original artworks are now available at my website. I hope you'll give it a listen and let her
      know what you think. It was a labor of love on many levels, and the outcome is amazing.

      http://www.sff.net/people/lynn.flewelling/gallery/g.fiacha1.html
    • Amy Harlib
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 24, 2007
        aharlib@...
        Wow! It's wonderful how great art can inspire more great art!
        Cheers!
        Amy

        >A while ago the very talented song writer, Sylvia Hoerner, sent me a few
        >songs she'd written,
        > based on the Tamir books, which have since been posted on the Gallery
        > site. Then, at
        > Christmas, she sent me an ENTIRE ALBUM of songs, a complete cycle. It's
        > really superb, and
        > I'm pleased to announce that, with Sylvia's permission, the mp3 downloads,
        > lyrics and
        > original artworks are now available at my website. I hope you'll give it a
        > listen and let her
        > know what you think. It was a labor of love on many levels, and the
        > outcome is amazing.
        >
        > http://www.sff.net/people/lynn.flewelling/gallery/g.fiacha1.html

      • Esther Wolf
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 25, 2007
          Great music! Sounds like "professional" made filk music would sound!!
          *impressed*

          Thanks to Sylvia for creating and singing the songs and to you Lynn for
          sharing them. :-)

          Just one thing: The mp3-file of song 5 (Tobin/Tamir: The Outer Me) seems to
          be damaged. I downloaded it twice, but the song always stops right in the
          middle. :/ (Perhaps that happened while uploading the file?)

          regards
          Esther

          > A while ago the very talented song writer, Sylvia Hoerner, sent me a few
          songs she'd written,
          > based on the Tamir books, which have since been posted on the Gallery
          site. Then, at
          > Christmas, she sent me an ENTIRE ALBUM of songs, a complete cycle. It's
          really superb, and
          > I'm pleased to announce that, with Sylvia's permission, the mp3 downloads,
          lyrics and
          > original artworks are now available at my website. I hope you'll give it a
          listen and let her
          > know what you think. It was a labor of love on many levels, and the
          outcome is amazing.

          > http://www.sff.net/people/lynn.flewelling/gallery/g.fiacha1.html

        • Zaynab Taei
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 25, 2007
            Your music is gorgeous. And best of all, I can sing along with it. *g* Fantastic job. But I have a plea--there are a lot more lyrics written for The Outer Me than I can hear--it cuts off right off after "Your Tobin didn't go away." Is there anyway we could hear the complete song? Because it's my favourite and I wish I could hear the rest of it, instead of just a sudden, awkward stop.
            Excellent job though; you are really a marvellous musician. Thank you for sharing.

            lynn_flewelling <otterdance2@...> wrote: A while ago the very talented song writer, Sylvia Hoerner, sent me a few songs she'd written,
            based on the Tamir books, which have since been posted on the Gallery site. Then, at
            Christmas, she sent me an ENTIRE ALBUM of songs, a complete cycle. It's really superb, and
            I'm pleased to announce that, with Sylvia's permission, the mp3 downloads, lyrics and
            original artworks are now available at my website. I hope you'll give it a listen and let her
            know what you think. It was a labor of love on many levels, and the outcome is amazing.

            http://www.sff.net/people/lynn.flewelling/gallery/g.fiacha1.html

            "Discourse ye unto the hand for verily the face listeneth not?"

          • Esther Wolf
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 26, 2007
              Thanks to a friend I found Sylvia's website: www.fiacha.de
              You can download her music from here: http://www.fiacha.de/musik/index.php
              (There's the working mp3-file of song 5 and also a different version of song
              10 ^_^)

              regards
              Esther

              > Your music is gorgeous. And best of all, I can sing along with it. *g*
              Fantastic job. But I have a plea--there are a lot more lyrics written for
              The Outer Me than I can hear--it cuts off right off after "Your Tobin didn't
              go away." Is there anyway we could hear the complete song? Because it's my
              favourite and I wish I could hear the rest of it, instead of just a sudden,
              awkward stop.
              > Excellent job though; you are really a marvellous musician. Thank you for
              sharing.

            • darkstar1978germany
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 26, 2007
                I have the privilege to know Sylvias songs for a long time (not the
                Tamír songs, obviously, as these are new ones, but her other songs -
                she's writing for a long time now).

                If you're interested in her music - Sylvia's hosting a own website
                with a lot of her songs (however: the website is in german language):
                I don't know if it is okay to tell you the website, but as Sylvia's
                around here often:
                If she's willing (and you're interested) she'll tell you the
                website :-)

                --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lynn_flewelling"
                <otterdance2@...> wrote:

                > A while ago the very talented song writer, Sylvia Hoerner, sent me
                a few songs she'd written,
                > based on the Tamir books, which have since been posted on the
                Gallery site. Then, at
                > Christmas, she sent me an ENTIRE ALBUM of songs, a complete cycle.
                It's really superb, and
                > I'm pleased to announce that, with Sylvia's permission, the mp3
                downloads, lyrics and
                > original artworks are now available at my website. I hope you'll
                give it a listen and let her
                > know what you think. It was a labor of love on many levels, and the
                outcome is amazing.

                > http://www.sff.net/people/lynn.flewelling/gallery/g.fiacha1.html

              • Sylvia Hörner
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 26, 2007
                  Thank you very much!*blush*
                  And I'm glad, you like "The Outer Me" best. To me it is still the heart of the project.

                  I'm sure, Lynn will have the problem with the "incomplete song" fixed, but as long as that takes: Here's a direct link for a download from my own website:

                  http://www.fiacha.de/musik/songs/2006/05-Fiacha-The_Outer_Me_(Tobins_Changing).mp3

                  Best wishes,
                  Sylvia

                  Zaynab Taei <seascribexxix@...> schrieb: Your music is gorgeous. And best of all, I can sing along with it. *g* Fantastic job. But I have a plea--there are a lot more lyrics written for The Outer Me than I can hear--it cuts off right off after "Your Tobin didn't go away." Is there anyway we could hear the complete song? Because it's my favourite and I wish I could hear the rest of it, instead of just a sudden, awkward stop.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 26, 2007
                    And if you really DO so...I was told, she'd really appreciate some entries into her guestbook You find it, when you klick "Spuren".

                    Greetings from snowy Munich,
                    Sylvia

                    Esther Wolf <estherwolf@...> schrieb: Thanks to a friend I found Sylvia's website: www.fiacha.de

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 29, 2007
                      --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Sylvia Hörner <yalith_anjelen@...> wrote:

                      > Thank you very much!*blush*
                      > And I'm glad, you like "The Outer Me" best. To me it is still the heart of the project.
                      >
                      > I'm sure, Lynn will have the problem with the "incomplete song" fixed, but as long as that
                      takes: Here's a direct link for a download from my own website:

                      My webmistress has redone the track. Let me know if there are still problems. Seems to play
                      ok for me.