Re: Japanese night runner?

  • hametsunosaturn
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 17, 2007
      Okay, that link didn't work... and it's disgusting. Sorry, just go to
      amazon.co.jp and look up Lynn Flewelling and you should be able to
      find it just fine. I can't read Japanese, so I couldn't tell you, but
      the site should say whether the book itself is in Japanese or English.

      --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com,
      "hametsunosaturn" <hametsunosaturn@...> wrote:

      > I do believe they're out. If you go to amazon.co.jp and look up
      "Lynn
      > Flewelling" it gives you both English editions and Japanese
      editions:
      > http://www.amazon.co.jp/
      光の狩り手〈2〉ナイトランナー〈2〉-
      リン-フルエリン/
      > dp/4125009600/sr=8-2/qid=1169098010/ref=sr_1_2/250-1265852-
      > 5859467?ie=UTF8&s=books for example. Er, if that link works... If
      it
      > doesn't then use the directions I gave.
      >
      > But yeah, for that reason I'd say that they are available in
      Japanese.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 17, 2007
        Yep. Each book is being published in three parts. Luck is complete, and parts one and two of
        Stalking Darkness are out, with the third part due in the next month or so. The manga style
        artwork is fun to see. :-)

        Lynn
      • Mercury
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 18, 2007
          Im so glad! I remember when I lived in japan and was waiting for those
          books to come out! I hope they are in japanese cause I want to read
          them and see the differences the language makes. The manga art is
          beautiful (not exactly my vision of alec and seregil, but close) who
          did it?
          -Mercury

          --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lynn_flewelling" <otterdance2@...>
          wrote:

          > Yep. Each book is being published in three parts. Luck is complete,
          and parts one and two of
          > Stalking Darkness are out, with the third part due in the next month
          or so. The manga style
          > artwork is fun to see. :-)
          >
          > Lynn

        • Alice Montrose
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 20, 2007
            They are DEFINITELY in Japanese. No illustrations except the cover,
            maps, a colour insert and the character design.

            The manga-syle artwork is by Yuuki Kairi.
            Her website: http://g-z.sub.jp/contents.htm

            Alice

            wrote:

            > Im so glad! I remember when I lived in japan and was waiting for those
            > books to come out! I hope they are in japanese cause I want to read
            > them and see the differences the language makes. The manga art is
            > beautiful (not exactly my vision of alec and seregil, but close) who
            > did it?
            > -Mercury
          • Alice Montrose
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 20, 2007
              Oh, and I've updated the photos folder with the scans of LitS 1-3 and
              SD1. I'm still waiting for SD2-3 to get to me. (Another month of
              waiting. Damn!)