Re: [Flewelling] (GIFTART) "Talimenios" (Alec & Seregil)

  • The Fablespinner //_^
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 12, 2006
      From: Tina <sith_jester@...>

      I love it!! That's a wonderful drawing. Definitely my fave fanart I've
      seen of them. :D *saves it*

      ... There's a program called Manga Studio?

      =========

      There is (It's called ComicWorks in Japan, the #1 comic making program in
      that country.)
      e-frontier brought over the program and translated it into English and it's
      the best program I've ever used for Inking and Screentoning.

      It used to take me DAYS to do a single comic page. Penciling, inking by hand
      and then busting out the exacto knife to screen tone (Screentones are like
      contact paper).

      MangaStudio has built in brush tips to simulate just about any inking too
      available from standard G pens to actual sable brushes.

      It takes me just a handful of hours now per-page... It's cleaner and more
      time-effective.
      The Link to the Program's Overview Page on e-frontier:
      http://www.e-frontier.com/article/articleview/1765/1/704?sbss=704
    • The Fablespinner //_^
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 12, 2006
        From: Polly Esther <sanitized4protection@...>
        Fablespinner,

        This is one of the most beautiful fanarts I've ever
        seen of Alec and Seregil. Seregil is particularly
        gorgeous. I love his hair and the expression on his
        face as he gazes at Alec. I like the subtle
        differences in their body types too- with Alec being
        more muscularly built while Seregil is more slender.
        It is much as I imagine them.

        So beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

        Karen K.------
        --------------------

        Thank you so much.
        It helps to draw when Lynn gives such *good* descriptions of them in the
        books.
        I tried to stay as true to them as I could.

        Thanks!

        -D
      • The Fablespinner //_^
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 12, 2006
          From: "Zaynab Kay Taei" <seascribexxix@...>

          Oh, that's gorgeous. I love Seregil's hair. And the shirt, and the
          jewel at his collar and the way they're touching. Very, very good.
          ------------------

          Thanks, I love doing period style clothing and I think a man is drop dead
          gorgeous in a nice vest with a collare stock and broach.

          Empire waisted trousers on men too, love those but a bit too 'modern' a cut
          for how I pictured the state of living in Seregil's "time".

          I aimed for a mid to late 1700's "look" (18th century or so.)

          ^_^

          Thanks!

        • The Fablespinner //_^
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 12, 2006
            From: "L.E. Snyder" <Lucca_the_Great@...>

            Manga Studio 3.0 by e frontier America, Inc - http://www.e-
            frontier.com/go/mangastudio_hps

            'The Standard in Manga & Comic Illustration', according to it's
            website. I know some folk who use it, and they've had some pretty good
            work come out of it.

            Though as always, it's the artist, not the tool, that determines how
            well the work will turn out. I've seen amazing things done in MSPaint,
            or Crayola Pencils, for example. ;P
            --------------------

            Oh yes... I've seen people do things with those on-line Oekaki boards with
            just a mouse that have floored me.

            It's patience, time, practice and dedication. You have it right.

            ^_^

            -D
          • The Fablespinner //_^
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 12, 2006
              From: "lynn_flewelling" <otterdance2@...>

              Beautiful, isn't it? :-)

              It's already on the way to the Oreska Gallery for hanging.

              Lynn

              -------------------

              Wee thanks.

              ^_^

              And I found the original picture I sent you...
              Oh goodness was it BAD (I've come a long way since this picture)

              it was dated September 2002 (and I notice I'm still so very unoriginal in
              giving things file names....)
              This was the original gift art (I cannot believe I'm dragging this out of
              the closet)
              http://fablespinner.com/files/images/seregilalec.jpg

              OH MY EYES, THEY BURN!!!1111oneoneone *DIES*

              I thought it was good once upon a time I suppose.

              Proof practice pays off I guess.

              ^_^