Simming the NR books

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2006
      Once upon a time I used to play Sims 1 a lot, never did get round to doing a
      family based on the NR books but that is another tale lol. Got Sims 2 when
      it came out but by then the evils of Everquest 2 had taken over my limited
      spare time.

      Finally.. last week I got round to it, I was going to make my neighbourhood
      one huge one of copies of all my old families and all the ones Id always meant
      to get around to, so there's sims based on me, tv shows, books, films you
      name it all living in this rather surreal location.

      Nysander, Magyana and Thero I put in a lovely little house with stone
      turrets and lots of bookcases. Just like home lol only smaller. Nysander and
      Magyana took an instant liking to each other and keep sighing and thinking of
      pink hearts lol.. nauseating.

      Next door to the right live Alec and Seregil. Theyre just in the having
      first met stage, but are getting on quite well really. To the left of Nysander
      is Watermead, with Micum, Kari and co. Havent yet decided on which others to
      add. I may put in Tobin's world too, it will screw up the timeline
      wonderfully lol but might be fun. And I have yet to add the bad guys.. will make them
      really nasty.

      Life so far.. Nysander and Magyana were just settling in when Lucius and
      Narcissa Malfoy rolled up in the company of the current Dr Who. Told you
      this was one surreal world lol. This has had very scary results as they seem to
      be getting on horribly well with the Malfoy's...

      I'll let you know how the saga comes along...

      Has anyone else Simmed the books?

    • Ridia
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2006
        I was going to, but I couldn't decide what clothing
        would be appropriate to use for any of them! I
        couldn't find anything that looked just right, and
        while I could mess with textures, I couldn't alter
        meshes. Then there's the point of male hair being hard
        to find in the right lengths and styles. =\

        --- HBrown9628@... wrote:
        > Has anyone else Simmed the books?

        -=Ridia=-
        Commission Artist
        AIM: IRidiaI | MSN: xridiax@... | Furcadia: Ridia
        http://ridia.deviantart.com

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Tina
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2006
          I made Sims1 skins of them a long time ago, if that helps.
          http://www.geocities.com/happyfictionsimz/nightrunner.html

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • jenna@starry-night.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 2, 2006
            I haven't tried making NR Sims yet, but I plan to. You can find almost
            anything for download on the modthesims2.com site. I've found some pretty
            decent male long hair and tons of fantasy & period clothing that might do.
            I have a bad habit of "stocking up" on Sims stuff for future use. :D

            -Jenna

            --- HBrown9628@... wrote:
            > Has anyone else Simmed the books?

            http://mail2web.com/ .
          • Ridia
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 2, 2006
              Package and share if you make them?

              The long hair I have is either too short or too long.
              ):

              --- "jenna@..." <jenna@...>
              wrote:

              > I haven't tried making NR Sims yet, but I plan to.
              > You can find almost
              > anything for download on the modthesims2.com site.
              > I've found some pretty
              > decent male long hair and tons of fantasy & period
              > clothing that might do.
              > I have a bad habit of "stocking up" on Sims stuff
              > for future use. :D
              >
              > -Jenna

            • josh shepherd
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 2, 2006
                Another good site is insimenator.net. That ahs some great stuff.

                Ive thought about Simming the Nr characters, but wasnt sure if that would be
                on the same level as fan fiction. But if other people r giving it a go i'll
                take a crack at it :)

                >From: Ridia <Lucca_the_Great@...>
                >To: Flewelling@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [Flewelling] Simming the NR books
                >Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 14:08:40 -0700 (PDT)
                >
                >Package and share if you make them?
                >
                >The long hair I have is either too short or too long.
                >):
                >
                >--- "jenna@..." <jenna@...>
                >wrote:
                >
                > > I haven't tried making NR Sims yet, but I plan to.
                > > You can find almost
                > > anything for download on the modthesims2.com site.
                > > I've found some pretty
                > > decent male long hair and tons of fantasy & period
                > > clothing that might do.
                > > I have a bad habit of "stocking up" on Sims stuff
                > > for future use. :D
                > >
                > > -Jenna

                1000s of Sexy Singles online now at Lavalife. Click here
                http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D23198&_t=751140432&_r=emailtaglines_search_aug06&_m=EXT
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
                  Yep modthesims 2 is a good site, I got a nice hair style for Seregil as well
                  from Simsresource I think it was, its a partly subscription site though, but
                  I was lucky a friend gave me a six months sub for my last birthday present.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
                    dragonmage81186@... writes:

                    Ive thought about Simming the Nr characters, but wasnt sure if that would be

                    on the same level as fan fiction

                    Nah people make Sims of everything from their real life families to
                    fictional characters. Always been an accepted part of the game.