The Friday Five #3

  • i_like_toads_a_lot
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 30, 2006
      1) What is your favourite candy bar? What does it consist of?

      2) What is your favourite unusual thing to drink? What is it exactly?

      3) What drink of snack did you love as child but don't like anymore?

      4) When do you usually buy special treats for yourself?

      5) What's your personal comfort food/drink?

      aaand, here are my answers:

      1) What is your favourite candy bar? What does it consist of? If
      possible, post the url of an image of it's packaging.
      Wunderbar all the way. It's sort of caramel and peanutbutter, not very
      popular here and so not avaible everywhere, but hunting it down is so
      worth it!

      2) What is your favourite unusual thing to drink? What is it exactly?
      If possible, post the url of an image of it's bottle/can.
      I like all sorts of unusual drinks. I like certain energy-drinks a
      lot, and another recent favourite is iced coffee with mango flavour. :3

      3) What drink of snack did you love as child but don't like anymore?
      Coke. Nowadays I can't drink it anymore unless I mix it up with water.
      It's far too sweet for me.

      4) When do you usually buy special treats for yourself?
      After I went for a walk. When I'm at home and return from the forest
      with my dog, we often stop at a tiny super-market and get coffee and a
      bun or something like that.

      5) What's your personal comfort food/drink?
      I'm always keeping a few japanese sweets like pocky treasured
      somewhere, so on really bad days I eat those. Else doing actual
      cooking helps me a lot too. And ice cubes in any beverage!

      --Charlotte
    • Renee Cardineau
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 30, 2006
        1) What is your favourite candy bar? What does it consist of?
        My favorite candy bar...? I'm not too sure. I guess... er.. anything with white chocolate is my favorite.

        2) What is your favourite unusual thing to drink? What is it exactly?
        Ramune! It's a Japanese drink. I don't get it often. It has a very light and fruity flavor. Yum.
        http://www.himuragames.com/images/ramune_drink_03.jpg

        3) What drink or snack did you love as child but don't like anymore?
        Uh... I guess sugar-filled gum. I still like it sometimes.. but it makes my mouth dry. Too sweet...

        4) When do you usually buy special treats for yourself?
        Whenever I go to Chinatown or out to an Asian market. I get myself ramune. Other than that? I guess when I go to amusment parks... I eat sweets there.

        5) What's your personal comfort food/drink?
        I don't have one. When I need comfort I listen to music or read one of my favorite books... but.. I guess something soft and warm. Something I can let dissolve in my mouth... that's nice and warm and yummy. Not something sweet (maybe SOME sweet stuff..)

        i_like_toads_a_lot <i.like.toads@...> wrote: 1) What is your favourite candy bar? What does it consist of?

[...]

      • Brenda
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 30, 2006
          1) What is your favourite candy bar? What does it consist of?
          I'm not really to into candy. twix is the one I go for most. chocolate, carmal and something else. whatever makes it crunchy

          2) What is your favourite unusual thing to drink? What is it exactly?
          I don't really drink anything unusual. I still love milk. most people beyond their teens most likely don't like milk as much as I do.

          3) What drink of snack did you love as child but don't like anymore?
          I don't drink choc. milk as much. does that count? I don't really drink juice anymore either.

          4) When do you usually buy special treats for yourself?
          when I want them or when I've let myself go long enough without the special treats to indudge.

          5) What's your personal comfort food/drink?
          sometimes ice cream. but if I need comfort I find it in my books (takes me away from reality) or I watch a movie.

        • Sylvia Hörner
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 1, 2006
            i_like_toads_a_lot <i.like.toads@...> schrieb: 1) What is your favourite candy bar? What does it consist of?

            It's a Cadbury- Caramel-bar. Pity for me: It's hardly sold in Germany.

            2) What is your favourite unusual thing to drink? What is it exactly?
            I really love selfmade Strawberry- Limes with Cherries replacing the strawberries. Guess, we should call it Cherry- Limes, then- but we don't.

            3) What drink of snack did you love as child but don't like anymore?
            I used to eat honey with a spoon, directly from the jar. I'd become sick, if someone made me do this today.

            4) When do you usually buy special treats for yourself?
            On Fridays, after a weak of work.

            5) What's your personal comfort food/drink?
            Food: Chocolate or (when it shall be something cooked) Chicken Badam Pasanda.
            Drink: Coke zero.

[...]

          • Nightlight
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 2, 2006
              1) What is your favourite candy bar? What does it consist of?
              CRUNCH chocolate bar. I think it's by Nestle. Milk Chocolate with rice
              crackers in it :)

              2) What is your favourite unusual thing to drink? What is it exactly?
              Lychee flavoured drinks. Or any flavour Pearl Tea drinks. Yum!

              3) What drink or snack did you love as child but don't like anymore?
              Hubba-Bubba Bubblegum. I used to love it, competitions with friends to
              see who can blow the biggest bubble with numerous cubes of gum in our
              mouths! Now, I don't like gum at all. I can't be bothered chewing. I
              think it's a waste of time chewing, which you can't even swallow in
              the end. ;P

              4) When do you usually buy special treats for yourself?
              I don't set up a time to buy myself treats. I just buy it if I want
              it. When I do buy chocolate/candy, that's sort of like a treat because
              I rarely eat them anyway. Not because I consciously stay away from
              them, but because my usual day-to-day routine doesn't involve going to
              the shops/temptation often. Non-junk food treat? Sushi. yum.

              5) What's your personal comfort food/drink?
              I don't have a comfort food either. I just immerse myself in a book,
              not think about anything else. I usually make tea with milk and honey,
              though, when I read and what ever fruit or buscuit is in the house, to
              chew on while I read.
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 4, 2006
                In a message dated 10/2/2006 9:54:53 AM GMT Daylight Time,
                capplesprinkles@... writes:

                1) What is your favourite candy bar? What does it consist of?

                Lol just answers the first one.. and translates it to choccie bar. Right
                now i like Topics, chocolate filled with gooey stuff, hazel nuts and caramel.
                But I also have a fondness for Fry's Five Centre, bar of dark chocolate
                filled with five different fruit flavoured fondants. And slurp, bars of Lindt
                chocolate. Used to be a really yummy one with apricot filling. Ooh and those
                Danish round things filled with marzipan and fruit.

                For fellow choccie addicts in the UK... _www.cybercandy.co.uk_
                (http://www.cybercandy.co.uk) ... wonderful place, imports sweets from the US, Australia,
                New Zealand, South Africa, Japan etc etc. Ive eaten my way through most of
                them :-). And for the really addicted.. _www.hotelchocolat.com_
                (http://www.hotelchocolat.com) slurp.

              • M. Dorst
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 4, 2006
                  Hi all!

                  I know I'm more of a lurker than a poster around here, but I thought
                  some of you might like to read a LiveJournal-post that I've written
                  about my meeting Lynn in Belgium and Holland last weekend. As you're all
                  probably aware, she was in Belgium for the Books 'n Fantasy event near
                  Brussels, and I was there as a crew-member. Charlotte (i_like_toads) was
                  there as well. :) It was really nice to meet one of my favourite authors
                  at last, and if any of you ever get the chance to go to a place where
                  Lynn is visiting, you really have to take it, cause she's a lovely,
                  wonderfully friendly person. I love it when authors take the time to
                  talk to their readers (dare I say fans? ;)) and spend time with them,
                  and Lynn sure did that. ;)

                  My report is on my LiveJournal: http://myrhini.livejournal.com/. I
                  normally only post there in Dutch, but I've written this one in English.
                  There's also a few pictures on there, so enjoy! :)

                  Best wishes,
                  Monique
                • Aeriden Raven
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 4, 2006
                    Oh hey Monique, fancy meeting you here (a)

                    I was there as a crew member as well and it was so great to meet Lynn,
                    I really don't have a lot to add to your post. Lynn, I hope you
                    enjoyed last sunday (almost ;-)) as much as we did!

                    cheers

                    Wendy

                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 5, 2006
                      Hi, Wendy, Charlotte and Monique, and anyone else lurking.

                      I had an absolute blast in Europe. I've only just gotten back last night and am still very jet
                      lagged, but will make a more detailed report when I'm rested. But I had a BLAST!!! So
                      great to meet you all, and hang out with you, both in Hellecene and in Utrecht. What an
                      adventure. :-)

                      Lynn

                      --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Aeriden Raven" <aeriden@...> wrote:

                      > Oh hey Monique, fancy meeting you here (a)
                      >
                      > I was there as a crew member as well and it was so great to meet Lynn,
                      > I really don't have a lot to add to your post. Lynn, I hope you
                      > enjoyed last sunday (almost ;-)) as much as we did!
                      >
                      > cheers
                      >
                      > Wendy
                      >
                      > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "M. Dorst" <mdorst@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hi all!
                      > >
                      > > I know I'm more of a lurker than a poster around here, but I thought
                      > > some of you might like to read a LiveJournal-post that I've written
                      > > about my meeting Lynn in Belgium and Holland last weekend. As you're
                      > all
                      > > probably aware, she was in Belgium for the Books 'n Fantasy event near
                      > > Brussels, and I was there as a crew-member. Charlotte (i_like_toads)
                      > was
                      > > there as well. :) It was really nice to meet one of my favourite
                      > authors
                      > > at last, and if any of you ever get the chance to go to a place where
                      > > Lynn is visiting, you really have to take it, cause she's a lovely,
                      > > wonderfully friendly person. I love it when authors take the time to
                      > > talk to their readers (dare I say fans? ;)) and spend time with them,
                      > > and Lynn sure did that. ;)
                      > >
                      > > My report is on my LiveJournal: http://myrhini.livejournal.com/. I
                      > > normally only post there in Dutch, but I've written this one in
                      > English.
                      > > There's also a few pictures on there, so enjoy! :)
                      > >
                      > > Best wishes,
                      > > Monique

                    • i_like_toads_a_lot
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 5, 2006
                        Hello everybody!

                        Thanks to everyone for the great day on sunday. I had so much fun, it
                        was totally worth doing the long trip. Everybody was so nice!
                        Also, especially thanks for allowing me to the dinner in the evening.
                        The thought of having to spend the evening alone in my hotelroom had
                        been scary, and you guys really rescued me from that!
                        Lynn, it was absolutely awesome meeting you! Thanks so much for
                        everything!

                        love,

                        Charlotte

                        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lynn_flewelling" <otterdance2@...>