Re: [Flewelling] NIGHTRUNNER NEWS!

  • Mana
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
      Yay! That's great to hear. I look forward to more news and the next
      few books in anticipation.

      *resumes lurking status*

      --
      <3
      Proud Moderator at: http://www.animeacademy.com/
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
        oh my god.
        Excuse me while I bounce through the house happily! <3

        -Ch.

        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lynn_flewelling" <otterdance2@...>
        wrote:

        > It's official folks. I will be writing two. count 'em, TWO, new
        Nightrunner books starring
        > Seregil and Alec. The working titles (and so far these are only
        working titles so don't hold me
        > to them) are:
        >
        > Exquisite Breed
        >
        > Forbidden Breed
        >

        > I'll leave you to guess at what they refer to. *evil chortle*
        >
        > In honor of all the good news this week, I'm working on a new
        contest idea. Tim suggested
        > "Who ever sends you the most money wins". Doug says "Who ever comes
        up with the best
        > contest idea." I think I'll have to give this some more thought.
        Watch for details!

      • i_like_toads_a_lot
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
          I'll totally have to reread right now, because I don't remember that
          part! And that's all while I thought I still knew everything...

          Ch

          --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, bickpl@... wrote:

          > Whee!!! Yay! (Although kinda odd with both of them having rather
          similar
          > titles)
          >
          > Also, I've been rereading Hidden Warrior in prep for OQ to come out
          and I had
          > a question for Lynn. The feast when the king comes back from the war
          and meets
          > the companions at Atyion (sp?)...did you come up with the idea for
          the plate
          > game on your own, or did you hear of it from some where else?
          Because when I
          > came across it yesterday I was reminded of how cool that part is. I
          found
          > myself thinking how much fun/how funny that would be.
          >
          > But yah...yay more of Alec and Seregil!
          >
          > -Tricia
          >
          > Quoting lynn_flewelling <otterdance2@...>:
          >
          > > It's official folks. I will be writing two. count 'em, TWO, new
          > > Nightrunne> r books starring
          > > Seregil and Alec. The working titles (and so far these are only
          > > working tit> les so don't hold me
          > > to them) are:
          > >
          > > Exquisite Breed
          > >
          > > Forbidden Breed
          > >

          > > I'll leave you to guess at what they refer to. *evil chortle*
          > >
          > > In honor of all the good news this week, I'm working on a new contest
          > > idea.> Tim suggested
          > > "Who ever sends you the most money wins". Doug says "Who ever comes
          > > up wit> h the best
          > > contest idea." I think I'll have to give this some more thought.
          > > Watch fo> r details!

        • Gil Grissom
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
            *bounces up and down until things start falling off the wall!
            YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I so can't wait.

            Star

            On 6/8/06, lynn_flewelling <otterdance2@...> wrote:

            > It's official folks. I will be writing two. count 'em, TWO, new
            > Nightrunner books starring
            > Seregil and Alec. The working titles (and so far these are only working
            > titles so don't hold me
            > to them) are:
            >
            > Exquisite Breed
            >
            > Forbidden Breed
            >

            > I'll leave you to guess at what they refer to. *evil chortle*
            >
            > In honor of all the good news this week, I'm working on a new contest
            > idea. Tim suggested
            > "Who ever sends you the most money wins". Doug says "Who ever comes up
            > with the best
            > contest idea." I think I'll have to give this some more thought. Watch
            > for details!

          • Rina-chan
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
              Yay! More theme meals I can cook! (I already cooked
              Nysanders breakfast and one of the feasts in Traitors
              Moon...I love themed meals!)

              I can't wait for more Seregil and Alec!

              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                YES!!!!

                --
                "There's nothing wrong with getting your needs met." - Brian Kinney

              • Ridia
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                  I remember that part! =D
                  Just not in specific details. >.>

                  --- i_like_toads_a_lot
                  <i_like_toads_a_lot@...> wrote:

                  > I'll totally have to reread right now, because I
                  > don't remember that
                  > part! And that's all while I thought I still knew
                  > everything...
                  >
                  > Ch
                  >

                  > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, bickpl@... wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Whee!!! Yay! (Although kinda odd with both of them
                  > having rather
                  > similar
                  > > titles)
                  > >
                  > > Also, I've been rereading Hidden Warrior in prep
                  > for OQ to come out
                  > and I had
                  > > a question for Lynn. The feast when the king comes
                  > back from the war
                  > and meets
                  > > the companions at Atyion (sp?)...did you come up
                  > with the idea for
                  > the plate
                  > > game on your own, or did you hear of it from some
                  > where else?
                  > Because when I
                  > > came across it yesterday I was reminded of how
                  > cool that part is. I
                  > found
                  > > myself thinking how much fun/how funny that would
                  > be.
                  > >
                  > > But yah...yay more of Alec and Seregil!
                  > >
                  > > -Tricia
                  > >
                  > > Quoting lynn_flewelling <otterdance2@...>:
                  > >
                  > > > It's official folks. I will be writing two.
                  > count 'em, TWO, new
                  > > > Nightrunne> r books starring
                  > > > Seregil and Alec. The working titles (and so far
                  > these are only
                  > > > working tit> les so don't hold me
                  > > > to them) are:
                  > > >
                  > > > Exquisite Breed
                  > > >
                  > > > Forbidden Breed
                  > > >

                  > > > I'll leave you to guess at what they refer to.
                  > *evil chortle*
                  > > >
                  > > > In honor of all the good news this week, I'm
                  > working on a new contest
                  > > > idea.> Tim suggested
                  > > > "Who ever sends you the most money wins". Doug
                  > says "Who ever comes
                  > > > up wit> h the best
                  > > > contest idea." I think I'll have to give this
                  > some more thought.
                  > > > Watch fo> r details!

                  -=Ridia=-
                  Commission Artist
                  AIM: IRidiaI | MSN: xridiax@... | Furcadia: Ridia
                  http://ridia.deviantart.com

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Andrea Chavez
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                    Fabulous day! Wonderful Day!!!! Oracle's on the near
                    horizon and MORE of the BOYS!!! (ok, technically not
                    boys, but you know)

                    YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!

                    Doing the happy dance.
                    Oh, uh
                    Someone just walked by the office....

                    sigh

                    AC

                    Andrea C

                    "I always pass on good advice,
                    It's the only thing to do with it" --Oscar Wilde

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Lehman, Crystal A
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                      YES! I joined this group pretty much just in time to get your announcement the other day about the possibility of this...and now it's definite... YES!

                      Also -- hi, all. :) Crystal, 23, upstate NY. Glad to be here.

                      And (one more time), YES! Going to go re-read volumes one through three in anticipation.

                      :),
                      Crystal

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, bickpl@... wrote:

                        > Also, I've been rereading Hidden Warrior in prep for OQ to come out and I had
                        > a question for Lynn. The feast when the king comes back from the war and meets
                        > the companions at Atyion (sp?)...did you come up with the idea for the plate
                        > game on your own, or did you hear of it from some where else? Because when I
                        > came across it yesterday I was reminded of how cool that part is. I found
                        > myself thinking how much fun/how funny that would be.

                        To be honest, I'm not sure. I think I made that one up, but it was probably inspired by
                        something I ran across somewhere.
                      • Ridia
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                          I think I've heard of similar customs, but not the
                          same exact thing. Sounds like a fairly natural thing
                          honestly!

                          --- lynn_flewelling <otterdance2@...> wrote:

                          > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, bickpl@... wrote:
                          >

                          > > Also, I've been rereading Hidden Warrior in prep
                          > for OQ to come out and I had
                          > > a question for Lynn. The feast when the king comes
                          > back from the war and meets
                          > > the companions at Atyion (sp?)...did you come up
                          > with the idea for the plate
                          > > game on your own, or did you hear of it from some
                          > where else? Because when I
                          > > came across it yesterday I was reminded of how
                          > cool that part is. I found
                          > > myself thinking how much fun/how funny that would
                          > be.
                          >
                          > To be honest, I'm not sure. I think I made that one
                          > up, but it was probably inspired by
                          > something I ran across somewhere.

                          -=Ridia=-
                          Commission Artist
                          AIM: IRidiaI | MSN: xridiax@... | Furcadia: Ridia
                          http://ridia.deviantart.com

                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • claudia wohlfeil

                            Message 13 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                              aharlib@...
                              Fabulous news! More stuff I absolutely can't wait for!
                              Vibes and hugs,
                              Amy

                              It's official folks. I will be writing two. count 'em, TWO, new Nightrunner books starring
                              Seregil and Alec. The working titles (and so far these are only working titles so don't hold me
                              to them) are:

                              Exquisite Breed

                              Forbidden Breed

                              I'll leave you to guess at what they refer to. *evil chortle*

                              In honor of all the good news this week, I'm working on a new contest idea. Tim suggested
                              "Who ever sends you the most money wins". Doug says "Who ever comes up with the best
                              contest idea." I think I'll have to give this some more thought. Watch for details!

                            • Alice Montrose
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                                Congratulations, Lynn! That is excellent news!

                                ... now excuse me while I frighten my neighbours by bouncing around in
                                the middle of the night. WHOOT!

                                Alice

                              • bickpl@bu.edu
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                                  Exactly, I think that's what caught my attention so much is that it seemed so
                                  natural that i could easily picture it happening.

                                  -Tricia

                                  Quoting Ridia <Lucca_the_Great@...>:

                                  > I think I've heard of similar customs, but not the
                                  > same exact thing. Sounds like a fairly natural thing
                                  > honestly!
                                  >
                                  > --- lynn_flewelling <otterdance2@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, bickpl@... wrote:
                                  > >

                                  > > > Also, I've been rereading Hidden Warrior in prep
                                  > > for OQ to come out and I had
                                  > > > a question for Lynn. The feast when the king comes
                                  > > back from the war and meets
                                  > > > the companions at Atyion (sp?)...did you come up
                                  > > with the idea for the plate
                                  > > > game on your own, or did you hear of it from some
                                  > > where else? Because when I
                                  > > > came across it yesterday I was reminded of how
                                  > > cool that part is. I found
                                  > > > myself thinking how much fun/how funny that would
                                  > > be.
                                  > >
                                  > > To be honest, I'm not sure. I think I made that one
                                  > > up, but it was probably inspired by
                                  > > something I ran across somewhere.
                                  > >

                                  > -=Ridia=-
                                  > Commission Artist
                                  > AIM: IRidiaI | MSN: xridiax@... | Furcadia: Ridia
                                  > http://ridia.deviantart.com

                                  > http://mail.yahoo.com

                                • Addie Underwood
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                                    YAY!

                                    *joins in with the happy bouncing group, not caring that her sister-in-law is looking at her funny*

                                    YAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAY!

                                    *Sombers and tries to regain her on-her-way-to-being-a-college-professor composure*

                                    Addie

                                  • Weaver
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                                      i am sooooooo excited about this ^^

                                      <otterdance2@...> wrote:

                                      > It's official folks. I will be writing two. count 'em, TWO, new
                                      Nightrunner books starring
                                      > Seregil and Alec. The working titles (and so far these are only
                                      working titles so don't hold me
                                      > to them) are:
                                      >
                                      > Exquisite Breed
                                      >
                                      > Forbidden Breed
                                      >

                                      > I'll leave you to guess at what they refer to. *evil chortle*
                                      >
                                      > In honor of all the good news this week, I'm working on a new
                                      contest idea. Tim suggested
                                      > "Who ever sends you the most money wins". Doug says "Who ever
                                      comes up with the best
                                      > contest idea." I think I'll have to give this some more thought.
                                      Watch for details!

                                    • opysdragon
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jun 9, 2006
                                        YAY! Thank you! Your news has made my day!! It's really nice to end
                                        the school year with some great news like this one! I love it!! GAH!
                                        I can't wait for them to come out! *happy dance* You are the best!
                                        Love ya! >3<

                                      • raistlinmajere76@tin.it
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jun 10, 2006
                                          YES!!!!!!!!

                                          Ok, I'm joining the happily bouncing crowd...
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jun 10, 2006
                                            Yay :).

                                          • guentherkrayer
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Jun 11, 2006
                                              wrote:

                                              > It's official folks. I will be writing two. count 'em, TWO, new
                                              Nightrunner books starring
                                              > Seregil and Alec.

                                              I can't tell you how glad I am to hear that. Really excited about
                                              this. :-) *beams like a beacon*

                                              >>The working titles (and so far these are only working titles so
                                              don't hold me
                                              > to them) are:
                                              >
                                              > Exquisite Breed
                                              >
                                              > Forbidden Breed
                                              >

                                              > I'll leave you to guess at what they refer to. *evil chortle*

                                              Seregil's and Alec's lineage? ;-)

                                              > In honor of all the good news this week, I'm working on a new
                                              contest idea. Tim suggested
                                              > "Who ever sends you the most money wins".

                                              *LOL* Now, this sounds... very reasonable. ;-)

                                              PatK
                                              :-)