Re: [Flewelling] NIGHTRUNNER NEWS!

  • bickpl@bu.edu
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
      Whee!!! Yay! (Although kinda odd with both of them having rather similar
      titles)

      Also, I've been rereading Hidden Warrior in prep for OQ to come out and I had
      a question for Lynn. The feast when the king comes back from the war and meets
      the companions at Atyion (sp?)...did you come up with the idea for the plate
      game on your own, or did you hear of it from some where else? Because when I
      came across it yesterday I was reminded of how cool that part is. I found
      myself thinking how much fun/how funny that would be.

      But yah...yay more of Alec and Seregil!

      -Tricia

      Quoting lynn_flewelling <otterdance2@...>:

      > It's official folks. I will be writing two. count 'em, TWO, new
      > Nightrunne> r books starring
      > Seregil and Alec. The working titles (and so far these are only
      > working tit> les so don't hold me
      > to them) are:
      >
      > Exquisite Breed
      >
      > Forbidden Breed
      >

      > I'll leave you to guess at what they refer to. *evil chortle*
      >
      > In honor of all the good news this week, I'm working on a new contest
      > idea.> Tim suggested
      > "Who ever sends you the most money wins". Doug says "Who ever comes
      > up wit> h the best
      > contest idea." I think I'll have to give this some more thought.
      > Watch fo> r details!

    • Mana
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
        Yay! That's great to hear. I look forward to more news and the next
        few books in anticipation.

        *resumes lurking status*

        --
        <3
        Proud Moderator at: http://www.animeacademy.com/
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
          oh my god.
          Excuse me while I bounce through the house happily! <3

          -Ch.

          --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lynn_flewelling" <otterdance2@...>

          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
            I'll totally have to reread right now, because I don't remember that
            part! And that's all while I thought I still knew everything...

            Ch

            --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, bickpl@... wrote:

            > Whee!!! Yay! (Although kinda odd with both of them having rather
            similar
            > titles)
            >
            > Also, I've been rereading Hidden Warrior in prep for OQ to come out
            and I had
            > a question for Lynn. The feast when the king comes back from the war
            and meets
            > the companions at Atyion (sp?)...did you come up with the idea for
            the plate
            > game on your own, or did you hear of it from some where else?
            Because when I
            > came across it yesterday I was reminded of how cool that part is. I
            found
            > myself thinking how much fun/how funny that would be.
            >
            > But yah...yay more of Alec and Seregil!
            >
            > -Tricia
            >
            > Quoting lynn_flewelling <otterdance2@...>:
            >
            > > It's official folks. I will be writing two. count 'em, TWO, new
            > > Nightrunne> r books starring
            > > Seregil and Alec. The working titles (and so far these are only
            > > working tit> les so don't hold me
            > > to them) are:
            > >
            > > Exquisite Breed
            > >
            > > Forbidden Breed
            > >

            > > I'll leave you to guess at what they refer to. *evil chortle*
            > >
            > > In honor of all the good news this week, I'm working on a new contest
            > > idea.> Tim suggested
            > > "Who ever sends you the most money wins". Doug says "Who ever comes
            > > up wit> h the best
            > > contest idea." I think I'll have to give this some more thought.
            > > Watch fo> r details!

          • Gil Grissom
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
              *bounces up and down until things start falling off the wall!
              YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I so can't wait.

              Star

              On 6/8/06, lynn_flewelling <otterdance2@...> wrote:

              > It's official folks. I will be writing two. count 'em, TWO, new
              > Nightrunner books starring
              > Seregil and Alec. The working titles (and so far these are only working
              > titles so don't hold me
              > to them) are:
              >
              > Exquisite Breed
              >
              > Forbidden Breed
              >

              > I'll leave you to guess at what they refer to. *evil chortle*
              >
              > In honor of all the good news this week, I'm working on a new contest
              > idea. Tim suggested
              > "Who ever sends you the most money wins". Doug says "Who ever comes up
              > with the best
              > contest idea." I think I'll have to give this some more thought. Watch
              > for details!

            • Rina-chan
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                Yay! More theme meals I can cook! (I already cooked
                Nysanders breakfast and one of the feasts in Traitors
                Moon...I love themed meals!)

                I can't wait for more Seregil and Alec!

                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                  YES!!!!

                  --
                  "There's nothing wrong with getting your needs met." - Brian Kinney

                • Ridia
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                    I remember that part! =D
                    Just not in specific details. >.>

                    --- i_like_toads_a_lot
                    <i_like_toads_a_lot@...> wrote:

                    > I'll totally have to reread right now, because I
                    > don't remember that
                    > part! And that's all while I thought I still knew
                    > everything...
                    >
                    > Ch
                    >

                    > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, bickpl@... wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Whee!!! Yay! (Although kinda odd with both of them
                    > having rather
                    > similar
                    > > titles)
                    > >
                    > > Also, I've been rereading Hidden Warrior in prep
                    > for OQ to come out
                    > and I had
                    > > a question for Lynn. The feast when the king comes
                    > back from the war
                    > and meets
                    > > the companions at Atyion (sp?)...did you come up
                    > with the idea for
                    > the plate
                    > > game on your own, or did you hear of it from some
                    > where else?
                    > Because when I
                    > > came across it yesterday I was reminded of how
                    > cool that part is. I
                    > found
                    > > myself thinking how much fun/how funny that would
                    > be.
                    > >
                    > > But yah...yay more of Alec and Seregil!
                    > >
                    > > -Tricia
                    > >
                    > > Quoting lynn_flewelling <otterdance2@...>:
                    > >
                    > > > It's official folks. I will be writing two.
                    > count 'em, TWO, new
                    > > > Nightrunne> r books starring
                    > > > Seregil and Alec. The working titles (and so far
                    > these are only
                    > > > working tit> les so don't hold me
                    > > > to them) are:
                    > > >
                    > > > Exquisite Breed
                    > > >
                    > > > Forbidden Breed
                    > > >

                    > > > I'll leave you to guess at what they refer to.
                    > *evil chortle*
                    > > >
                    > > > In honor of all the good news this week, I'm
                    > working on a new contest
                    > > > idea.> Tim suggested
                    > > > "Who ever sends you the most money wins". Doug
                    > says "Who ever comes
                    > > > up wit> h the best
                    > > > contest idea." I think I'll have to give this
                    > some more thought.
                    > > > Watch fo> r details!

                    -=Ridia=-
                    Commission Artist
                    AIM: IRidiaI | MSN: xridiax@... | Furcadia: Ridia
                    http://ridia.deviantart.com

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Andrea Chavez
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                      Fabulous day! Wonderful Day!!!! Oracle's on the near
                      horizon and MORE of the BOYS!!! (ok, technically not
                      boys, but you know)

                      YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!

                      Doing the happy dance.
                      Oh, uh
                      Someone just walked by the office....

                      sigh

                      AC

                      Andrea C

                      "I always pass on good advice,
                      It's the only thing to do with it" --Oscar Wilde

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • Lehman, Crystal A
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                        YES! I joined this group pretty much just in time to get your announcement the other day about the possibility of this...and now it's definite... YES!

                        Also -- hi, all. :) Crystal, 23, upstate NY. Glad to be here.

                        And (one more time), YES! Going to go re-read volumes one through three in anticipation.

                        :),
                        Crystal

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                          --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, bickpl@... wrote:

                          > Also, I've been rereading Hidden Warrior in prep for OQ to come out and I had
                          > a question for Lynn. The feast when the king comes back from the war and meets
                          > the companions at Atyion (sp?)...did you come up with the idea for the plate
                          > game on your own, or did you hear of it from some where else? Because when I
                          > came across it yesterday I was reminded of how cool that part is. I found
                          > myself thinking how much fun/how funny that would be.

                          To be honest, I'm not sure. I think I made that one up, but it was probably inspired by
                          something I ran across somewhere.
                        • Ridia
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                            I think I've heard of similar customs, but not the
                            same exact thing. Sounds like a fairly natural thing
                            honestly!

                            --- lynn_flewelling <otterdance2@...> wrote:

                            > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, bickpl@... wrote:
                            >

                            > > Also, I've been rereading Hidden Warrior in prep
                            > for OQ to come out and I had
                            > > a question for Lynn. The feast when the king comes
                            > back from the war and meets
                            > > the companions at Atyion (sp?)...did you come up
                            > with the idea for the plate
                            > > game on your own, or did you hear of it from some
                            > where else? Because when I
                            > > came across it yesterday I was reminded of how
                            > cool that part is. I found
                            > > myself thinking how much fun/how funny that would
                            > be.
                            >
                            > To be honest, I'm not sure. I think I made that one
                            > up, but it was probably inspired by
                            > something I ran across somewhere.

                            -=Ridia=-
                            Commission Artist
                            AIM: IRidiaI | MSN: xridiax@... | Furcadia: Ridia
                            http://ridia.deviantart.com

                            http://mail.yahoo.com
                          • claudia wohlfeil

                              Message 14 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                                aharlib@...
                                Fabulous news! More stuff I absolutely can't wait for!
                                Vibes and hugs,
                                Amy

                                It's official folks. I will be writing two. count 'em, TWO, new Nightrunner books starring
                                Seregil and Alec. The working titles (and so far these are only working titles so don't hold me
                                to them) are:

                                Exquisite Breed

                                Forbidden Breed

                                I'll leave you to guess at what they refer to. *evil chortle*

                                In honor of all the good news this week, I'm working on a new contest idea. Tim suggested
                                "Who ever sends you the most money wins". Doug says "Who ever comes up with the best
                                contest idea." I think I'll have to give this some more thought. Watch for details!

                              • Alice Montrose
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                                  Congratulations, Lynn! That is excellent news!

                                  ... now excuse me while I frighten my neighbours by bouncing around in
                                  the middle of the night. WHOOT!

                                  Alice

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                                    Exactly, I think that's what caught my attention so much is that it seemed so
                                    natural that i could easily picture it happening.

                                    -Tricia

                                    Quoting Ridia <Lucca_the_Great@...>:

                                    > I think I've heard of similar customs, but not the
                                    > same exact thing. Sounds like a fairly natural thing
                                    > honestly!
                                    >
                                    > --- lynn_flewelling <otterdance2@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, bickpl@... wrote:
                                    > >

                                    > > > Also, I've been rereading Hidden Warrior in prep
                                    > > for OQ to come out and I had
                                    > > > a question for Lynn. The feast when the king comes
                                    > > back from the war and meets
                                    > > > the companions at Atyion (sp?)...did you come up
                                    > > with the idea for the plate
                                    > > > game on your own, or did you hear of it from some
                                    > > where else? Because when I
                                    > > > came across it yesterday I was reminded of how
                                    > > cool that part is. I found
                                    > > > myself thinking how much fun/how funny that would
                                    > > be.
                                    > >
                                    > > To be honest, I'm not sure. I think I made that one
                                    > > up, but it was probably inspired by
                                    > > something I ran across somewhere.
                                    > >

                                    > -=Ridia=-
                                    > Commission Artist
                                    > AIM: IRidiaI | MSN: xridiax@... | Furcadia: Ridia
                                    > http://ridia.deviantart.com

                                    > http://mail.yahoo.com

                                  • Addie Underwood
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                                      YAY!

                                      *joins in with the happy bouncing group, not caring that her sister-in-law is looking at her funny*

                                      YAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAY!

                                      *Sombers and tries to regain her on-her-way-to-being-a-college-professor composure*

                                      Addie

                                    • Weaver
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jun 8, 2006
                                        i am sooooooo excited about this ^^

                                        <otterdance2@...> wrote:

                                        > It's official folks. I will be writing two. count 'em, TWO, new
                                        Nightrunner books starring
                                        > Seregil and Alec. The working titles (and so far these are only
                                        working titles so don't hold me
                                        > to them) are:
                                        >
                                        > Exquisite Breed
                                        >
                                        > Forbidden Breed
                                        >

                                        > I'll leave you to guess at what they refer to. *evil chortle*
                                        >
                                        > In honor of all the good news this week, I'm working on a new
                                        contest idea. Tim suggested
                                        > "Who ever sends you the most money wins". Doug says "Who ever
                                        comes up with the best
                                        > contest idea." I think I'll have to give this some more thought.
                                        Watch for details!

                                      • opysdragon
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jun 9, 2006
                                          YAY! Thank you! Your news has made my day!! It's really nice to end
                                          the school year with some great news like this one! I love it!! GAH!
                                          I can't wait for them to come out! *happy dance* You are the best!
                                          Love ya! >3<

                                        • raistlinmajere76@tin.it
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jun 10, 2006
                                            YES!!!!!!!!

                                            Ok, I'm joining the happily bouncing crowd...
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Jun 10, 2006
                                              Yay :).

                                            • guentherkrayer
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Jun 11, 2006
                                                wrote:

                                                > It's official folks. I will be writing two. count 'em, TWO, new
                                                Nightrunner books starring
                                                > Seregil and Alec.

                                                I can't tell you how glad I am to hear that. Really excited about
                                                this. :-) *beams like a beacon*

                                                >>The working titles (and so far these are only working titles so
                                                don't hold me
                                                > to them) are:
                                                >
                                                > Exquisite Breed
                                                >
                                                > Forbidden Breed
                                                >

                                                > I'll leave you to guess at what they refer to. *evil chortle*

                                                Seregil's and Alec's lineage? ;-)

                                                > In honor of all the good news this week, I'm working on a new
                                                contest idea. Tim suggested
                                                > "Who ever sends you the most money wins".

                                                *LOL* Now, this sounds... very reasonable. ;-)

                                                PatK
                                                :-)