Appearances

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 11, 2006
      I had a wonderful time, as always, at ConBust (Smith College, Springfield, MA) a week ago,
      and on April 21 I will be at Eriecon, in Niagara Falls, NY. See my website for details.

      And for all you European members, I've just accepted an invite to attend a "Books in Fantasy"
      charity event in Brussels, Belgium in early October. I'll be speaking, signing books, and
      perhaps conducting a writing workshop? More detalis when I get them. :-)

      Lynn
    • summershadows_winterlight
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 11, 2006
        That sounds great!
        Does any of the fellow german listmembers plan on going there? if so,
        are you up to a carpool? (I'm from NRW, or at least, during the
        holidays, and thus also in october)

        Charlotte

        > And for all you European members, I've just accepted an invite to
        attend a "Books in Fantasy"
        > charity event in Brussels, Belgium in early October. I'll be
        speaking, signing books, and
        > perhaps conducting a writing workshop? More detalis when I get them.
        :-)

        > Lynn

      • Miya Black
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 11, 2006
          Don't know if I'll make it, it's a litlle far from
          Geneva. Plus, next year in october I'll be away during
          two weeks, so it'll depend on the day... Hope I'll be
          there, though.

          Miya of Geneva

          <charlotte@...> a écrit :

          > And for all you European members, I've just accepted
          an invite to
          attend a "Books in Fantasy"
          > charity event in Brussels, Belgium in early October.
          I'll be
          speaking, signing books, and
          > perhaps conducting a writing workshop? More detalis
          when I get them.
          :-)

          > Lynn

          Lynn's official web-site -
          www.sff.net/people/Lynn.Flewelling

          URL to this page:

          Terms of Service.

        • Sebastian Schwenk
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 11, 2006
            "summershadows_winterlight" <charlotte@...> wrote:

            > That sounds great!
            > Does any of the fellow german listmembers plan on going there? if so,
            > are you up to a carpool? (I'm from NRW, or at least, during the
            > holidays, and thus also in october)

            I'd go for it (also NRW), since I don't feel up to driving such distances
            yet, though I've been to Brussels a couple of times before. It'd depend on
            the exact date, though. October 4-8 is the Frankfurt bookfair, where I'd
            planned to go as well (for at least one of the open-to-public days).

            @Lynn: I wasn't able to google anything about this "books in fantasy" event,
            so far. Is there a site where one could find more information about this,
            or is it simply too early yet?

            ~Sebastian
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 13, 2006
              otterdance2@... writes:

              I had a wonderful time, as always, at ConBust (Smith College, Springfield,
              MA) a week ago,
              and on April 21 I will be at Eriecon, in Niagara Falls, NY. See my website
              for details.

              And for all you European members, I've just accepted an invite to attend a
              "Books in Fantasy"
              charity event in Brussels, Belgium in early October. I'll be speaking,
              signing books, and
              perhaps conducting a writing workshop? More detalis when I get them. :-)

              Lynn

              So near... so far ... hmm wonders if we can find a bookshop over here to
              ask Lynn along while she's in this neck of the world :).

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 19, 2006
                writing worksshop? huh? :D

                well whatever.. . unfortunately Brussels is quite far away from
                Munich. But maybe i'll go there. Even tho charity event in Brussel
                doesn'T sound all that exciting to me ;-)))

                > That sounds great!
                > Does any of the fellow german listmembers plan on going there? if
                so,
                > are you up to a carpool? (I'm from NRW, or at least, during the
                > holidays, and thus also in october)
                >
                > Charlotte
                >

                > > And for all you European members, I've just accepted an invite to
                > attend a "Books in Fantasy"
                > > charity event in Brussels, Belgium in early October. I'll be
                > speaking, signing books, and
                > > perhaps conducting a writing workshop? More detalis when I get
                them.
                > :-)
                > >
                > > Lynn

              • Suzanne
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 20, 2006
                  On Apr 11, 2006, at 6:09 PM, lynn_flewelling wrote:

                  > I had a wonderful time, as always, at ConBust (Smith College,
                  > Springfield, MA) a week ago,
                  > and on April 21 I will be at Eriecon, in Niagara Falls, NY. See my
                  > website for details.
                  >
                  > And for all you European members, I've just accepted an invite to
                  > attend a "Books in Fantasy"
                  > charity event in Brussels, Belgium in early October. I'll be
                  > speaking, signing books, and
                  > perhaps conducting a writing workshop? More detalis when I get them.
                  > :-)
                  >
                  > Lynn

                  Boy, am I behind on my email! Thanks so much for coming to ConBust,
                  Lynn! and thank you for signing my books. It was so nice to show my
                  husband that I'm not the only deranged fangirl out there! ^_^ (And it
                  was nice that there weren't the travels snafu's that held you up last
                  year.)

                  Of course, now I want to go make honey cookies and scour the libraries
                  for the Nightrunner books. LOL

                  B*B
                  Suzanne
                  http://home.comcast.net/~arirashkae

                  Annual guilt trip: Save tiny babies. Support the March of Dimes.
                  Sponsor my walk April 29:
                  http://www.walkamerica.org/AriRashkae
                  Sponsors: 3

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 24, 2006
                    In a message dated 4/19/2006 3:29:23 PM GMT Daylight Time, noerml@...
                    writes:

                    writing worksshop? huh? :D

                    well whatever.. . unfortunately Brussels is quite far away from
                    Munich. But maybe i'll go there. Even tho charity event in Brussel
                    doesn'T sound all that exciting to me ;-)))

                    Hmm... depends what kind of charity event.. now... how about a charity
                    chocolate tasting tour... we could get sponsored to taste every type of
                    chocolate in Brussels he he.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 24, 2006
                      --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, HBrown9628@... wrote:

                      > well whatever.. . unfortunately Brussels is quite far away from
                      > Munich. But maybe i'll go there. Even tho charity event in Brussel
                      > doesn'T sound all that exciting to me ;-)))

                      I think it's going to be more like a mini convention, with panels and workshops.

                      Lynn
                    • i_like_toads_a_lot
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 22, 2006
                        Bumping this topic up again, hoping for more germans to carpool with?

                        I looked up the train-connections, and they are very nasty, with
                        staying in cologne over-night and similar things. Also, that would
                        only get s to Brussels itself, not the actual location, and I have no
                        idea how far that might be?

                        A carpool would definately be the best thing.

                        Ch.

                        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Sebastian Schwenk" <s.schwenk@...>