Re: Grist for the Mill

  • jilell
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 17, 2006
      Yikes! I hope you're feeling better *very* soon!

      Jill
    • Ridia
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 17, 2006
        Do you at least glow in the dark, or was it a total
        jyp?

        --- lynn_flewelling <otterdance2@...> wrote:
        For several days after that
        > test I would have needed a note from the doc
        > to cross into Canada and back since I was literally
        > radioactive. No super powers have
        > manifested, though.

        -=Ridia=-
        Commission Artist
        AIM: IRidiaI | MSN: xridiax@... | Furcadia: Ridia
        http://ridia.deviantart.com

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Peter Andersson
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 18, 2006
          Hello,

          I have a few hundred old books(mostly fantasy/SF) that I have no need
          for any more or the space which is the primary reason I need to get rid
          of these books.

          Do anyone know any good place on the net to sell them? Since I live in
          Sweden I can´t sell them throu amazon and I dont want to auction them
          off on ebay due to the fact that its alot of work and I don´t want to
          pay that much for each book and since there ain't much chance that they
          would be sold it would be cheper to just throw them out :(

          Would like to find a place like Amazon, free to list and pay for each sell.

          Regards

          Peter

          Ps. get better Lynn and write alot more books.Ds
        • summershadows_winterlight
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 18, 2006
            Did you try your local flee-markets? We have such here every weekends,
            and I personally love buying books there. You can find true treasures
            at times. I think you might have success there, and usually the fees
            to open a booth is no much more then 5 Euro or something here.

            Charlotte

            --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Peter Andersson
            <peter.andersson42@...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > I have a few hundred old books(mostly fantasy/SF) that I have no need
            > for any more or the space which is the primary reason I need to get rid
            > of these books.
            >
            > Do anyone know any good place on the net to sell them? Since I live in
            > Sweden I can´t sell them throu amazon and I dont want to auction them
            > off on ebay due to the fact that its alot of work and I don´t want to
            > pay that much for each book and since there ain't much chance that they
            > would be sold it would be cheper to just throw them out :(
            >
            > Would like to find a place like Amazon, free to list and pay for
            each sell.

            > Regards
            >
            > Peter
            >
            > Ps. get better Lynn and write alot more books.Ds

          • Cerri
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 18, 2006
              You could try making a "lot" on Ebay - one listing for all the books. They would have a better chance of selling, I would think, and I'm pretty sure it only costs you the price of one auction then.

              --CerriC

            • Ridia
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 18, 2006
                Or you could break it down into smaller lots. If you
                have a whole series of one book, or a ton by one
                author, make those their own lots.

                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 19, 2006
                  and if you have english books, make them available internationally,
                  that'll raise your chances of selling them. It might be a good idea to
                  post those ones through the english ebay.com, because that way it
                  won't just be seen on the swedish one, but also on all others :D

                  --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Ridia <Lucca_the_Great@...> wrote:

                  > Or you could break it down into smaller lots. If you
                  > have a whole series of one book, or a ton by one
                  > author, make those their own lots.
                  >
                  > --- Cerri <cerri_elseth@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > You could try making a "lot" on Ebay - one listing
                  > > for all the books. They would have a better chance
                  > > of selling, I would think, and I'm pretty sure it
                  > > only costs you the price of one auction then.
                  > >
                  > > --CerriC

                  > > removed]
                  > >

                  > -=Ridia=-
                  > Commission Artist
                  > AIM: IRidiaI | MSN: xridiax@... | Furcadia: Ridia
                  > http://ridia.deviantart.com

                  > http://mail.yahoo.com

                • mellendramatic
                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 19, 2006
                    My goodness! Now, *that* is suffering for your art!

                    Do get well soon, Lynn!

                    Mel
                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 27, 2006
                      Hope you have now convalesed nicely from the op :)

                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 27, 2006
                        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, HBrown9628@... wrote:

                        > Hope you have now convalesed nicely from the op :)

                        I am, thanks!