Re: [Flewelling] Grist for the Mill

    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 17, 2006
      Get well soon, Mrs. Lynn

      Tawariel

      lynn_flewelling wrote:

      >Under the category of "everything is research for writers", I had my gall bladder out on Tues
      >morning (and good riddance, too!) and am now lying here pondering the increased empathy I
      >have for my characters who suffer abdominal wounds. Even with the modern advantages of
      >laproscopic surgery and pain pills, not a fun experience, but an illuminating one. I am
      >sporting four new scars in my collection. This time instead of stitches, they used the medical
      >equivalent of super glue on the incisions. Pretty nifty!
      >
      >Your rather bedraggled Author

    • jilell
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 17, 2006
        Yikes! I hope you're feeling better *very* soon!

        Jill
      • Ridia
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 17, 2006
          Do you at least glow in the dark, or was it a total
          jyp?

          --- lynn_flewelling <otterdance2@...> wrote:
          For several days after that
          > test I would have needed a note from the doc
          > to cross into Canada and back since I was literally
          > radioactive. No super powers have
          > manifested, though.

          -=Ridia=-
          Commission Artist
          AIM: IRidiaI | MSN: xridiax@... | Furcadia: Ridia
          http://ridia.deviantart.com

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Peter Andersson
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 18, 2006
            Hello,

            I have a few hundred old books(mostly fantasy/SF) that I have no need
            for any more or the space which is the primary reason I need to get rid
            of these books.

            Do anyone know any good place on the net to sell them? Since I live in
            Sweden I can´t sell them throu amazon and I dont want to auction them
            off on ebay due to the fact that its alot of work and I don´t want to
            pay that much for each book and since there ain't much chance that they
            would be sold it would be cheper to just throw them out :(

            Would like to find a place like Amazon, free to list and pay for each sell.

            Regards

            Peter

            Ps. get better Lynn and write alot more books.Ds
          • summershadows_winterlight
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 18, 2006
              Did you try your local flee-markets? We have such here every weekends,
              and I personally love buying books there. You can find true treasures
              at times. I think you might have success there, and usually the fees
              to open a booth is no much more then 5 Euro or something here.

              Charlotte

              --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Peter Andersson
              <peter.andersson42@...> wrote:

              > Hello,
              >
              > I have a few hundred old books(mostly fantasy/SF) that I have no need
              > for any more or the space which is the primary reason I need to get rid
              > of these books.
              >
              > Do anyone know any good place on the net to sell them? Since I live in
              > Sweden I can´t sell them throu amazon and I dont want to auction them
              > off on ebay due to the fact that its alot of work and I don´t want to
              > pay that much for each book and since there ain't much chance that they
              > would be sold it would be cheper to just throw them out :(
              >
              > Would like to find a place like Amazon, free to list and pay for
              each sell.

              > Regards
              >
              > Peter
              >
              > Ps. get better Lynn and write alot more books.Ds

            • Cerri
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 18, 2006
                You could try making a "lot" on Ebay - one listing for all the books. They would have a better chance of selling, I would think, and I'm pretty sure it only costs you the price of one auction then.

                --CerriC

              • Ridia
                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 18, 2006
                  Or you could break it down into smaller lots. If you
                  have a whole series of one book, or a ton by one
                  author, make those their own lots.

                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 19, 2006
                    and if you have english books, make them available internationally,
                    that'll raise your chances of selling them. It might be a good idea to
                    post those ones through the english ebay.com, because that way it
                    won't just be seen on the swedish one, but also on all others :D

                    --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Ridia <Lucca_the_Great@...> wrote:

                    > Or you could break it down into smaller lots. If you
                    > have a whole series of one book, or a ton by one
                    > author, make those their own lots.
                    >
                    > --- Cerri <cerri_elseth@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > You could try making a "lot" on Ebay - one listing
                    > > for all the books. They would have a better chance
                    > > of selling, I would think, and I'm pretty sure it
                    > > only costs you the price of one auction then.
                    > >
                    > > --CerriC

                    > > removed]
                    > >

                    > -=Ridia=-
                    > Commission Artist
                    > AIM: IRidiaI | MSN: xridiax@... | Furcadia: Ridia
                    > http://ridia.deviantart.com

                    > http://mail.yahoo.com

                  • mellendramatic
                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 19, 2006
                      My goodness! Now, *that* is suffering for your art!

                      Do get well soon, Lynn!

                      Mel
                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 27, 2006
                        Hope you have now convalesed nicely from the op :)

                        Message 11 of 18 , Mar 27, 2006
                          --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, HBrown9628@... wrote:

                          > Hope you have now convalesed nicely from the op :)

                          I am, thanks!