Re: [Flewelling] Re: Narnia

  • Ridia
    Message 1 of 39 , Dec 14, 2005
      The big thing he kept pointing out was that both had
      old men with long white bears (Dumbledore and Gandalf,
      of course).

      So I made a habit of bringing an HP book to his house
      every time I went there. And befouling his coffee
      table with it's presense... xD

      --- Jennifer Parker <daydreamer1585@...> wrote:

      > ::but only because he claimed Rowling
      > stole a ton of things from LoTR?::
      >
      > Oh, c'mon... Lord of the Rings practically started
      > Modern Fantasy. It makes sense lots of the same
      > trappings is in Rowling's world. Although, I
      > personally feel that Rowling's and Tolkien's books
      > are
      > about as opposite as they come in terms of where
      > their
      > literary focuses are and simply that Tolkien made
      > absolutely sure there were no plot holes in his
      > works
      > while Rowling's stories are chalk full of them....

      -=Ridia=-
      AIM: IRidiaI | MSN: xridiax@... | Furcadia: Ridia
      http://us.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Ridia
      http://ridia.deviantart.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Pat Mary Fenech
      Message 39 of 39 , Dec 20, 2005
        Hello all:)

        I most usually lurk but ... I am re-reading the Nightrunner series (4th
        time and loving it just as much, if not more, this time around) and I
        got to thinking about my imagining of Seregil and Alec and then decided
        I'd see how my two candidates - Michael Praed and Orlando Bloom - look
        together. Turns out not so bad :)

        I have done a couple of photo manipulations and put them into a file
        called PatsPics - just in case anyone would like to have a look.

        All the blessings of the season to you all.
        Pat Fenech

        20/12/2005