Re: Progress

  • cara672000
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2005
      --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Tawariel <tawariel@g...> wrote:
      > TEASE!!!
      >
      > Tawariel :-)
      >
      > lynn_flewelling wrote:
      >
      > >Getting ever nearer the end of ORACLE'S QUEEN. Made myself cry at
      the keyboard today. Just
      > >though you'd like to know. *grin*
      > >
      > >Lynn

      Yeah, that was so mean...
    • Paula Lieberman
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2005
        From: "cara672000" <audrey_talssi@...>

        > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Tawariel <tawariel@g...> wrote:
        > > TEASE!!!
        > >
        > > Tawariel :-)
        > >
        > > lynn_flewelling wrote:
        > >
        > > >Getting ever nearer the end of ORACLE'S QUEEN. Made myself cry at
        > the keyboard today. Just
        > > >though you'd like to know. *grin*
        > > >
        > > >Lynn
        > > >

        > Yeah, that was so mean...

        The description in the much later books of the representation of Tamir II
        was that she did not look like someone who was all that happy, but rather
        was sorrowful/
      • cara672000
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 3, 2005
          --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Paula Lieberman" <paal@g...>
          wrote:

> [...]

          Well, we still don't know how much has changed in Tamir's history
          since the Nightrunners books; we already know there have been
          changes, and I guess that there will be death and sorrow, but to
          what extent...
        • Paula Lieberman
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 3, 2005
            From: "cara672000" <audrey_talssi@...>

            > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Paula Lieberman" <paal@g...>
            > wrote:

            The reason for the sad face on Tamir II in the long-long-after books isn't
            known, only that her face is sad. Tamir's history didn't change--what the
            author had intended to write versus what the author wrote, is a different
            issue entirely, there wasn't much in the later books about Tamir II, leaving
            a lot of room for the author to write a story set centuries earlier,
            particularly since "history" isn't always accurate.
          • cara672000
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 4, 2005
              wrote:

> [...]

              You have a point! And it does leave a lot of room to write her
              actual story...