Re: [Flewelling] Re: Continuum 3/ My new groupulet

  • Purchase Family
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31 4:51 AM
      Woohoo! I shall tell them.

      BTW -- I saw LITS and Stalking Darkness on the shelves of the bookshop at our nearest big shopping centre. It's in the middle of suburb-land -- five years ago it was open paddocks, now there are hundreds of houses filled by families with 2.1 children. So for them to be there is a triumph. Interestingly, the section of shelves was classified "SF" not "SF/Fantasy", yet more than half the books on the shelves were fantasy.

      Nigel
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2005
        And if you tell them then maybe there's a chance Lynn can visit Sydney
        too? That would be excellent! After meeting Robin Hobb twice (I wasn't
        so cruel to make her sign so many books in a row! ;D), my first book
        signing attendance, I'd look forward to meeting all the other authors
        whose books I've read!

        PS. Can't wait for the third book! Tobin has really grown on me, he's
        one of those characters that pop up on my mind on a weekly basis
        (wondering if any of the books I'm currently reading will have a
        character with as much impact as him!) (still looking... ;).

        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Purchase Family" <purchase@n...>
        wrote:
        > Woohoo! I shall tell them.
        >
        > BTW -- I saw LITS and Stalking Darkness on the shelves of the
        bookshop at our nearest big shopping centre. It's in the middle of
        suburb-land -- five years ago it was open paddocks, now there are
        hundreds of houses filled by families with 2.1 children. So for them
        to be there is a triumph. Interestingly, the section of shelves was
        classified "SF" not "SF/Fantasy", yet more than half the books on the
        shelves were fantasy.

        > Nigel

        Service.

      • Purchase Family
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2005
          Well, airfares between Melbs and Syddles are low. There are cheap places to stay. I stayed at home, but next time I'll stay nearby, because I had to leave early because I live far from Melbourne, and I had to drive, so I couldn't drink! Next time . . .

          Nigel