London England

  • happycynyc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8, 2005
      Hello, I should write more in this group but I don't make the time.

      However, if any of you were affected by the attacks in London, then my
      thoughts are with you.

      I just don't get why to make points or draw attention, there has to be the
      taking of lives. And so much of that is going on in the world all over. I can't
      express my sorrow for those who have to live through it. And in some cases on
      a daily basis. I wonder at times if we will ever learn.

      I don't mean to be a downer, just that when these "attacks" occur, it only
      brings the point home to me again and again.

    • silverhawk9p9
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 10, 2005
        Not to dip into politics too much, but its ironic that we're trying to
        bring the fight to their home, when they are trying to bring the fight
        to our home.

        And on another note: Though its typical english behavior, I am
        impressed that Londoners are getting on with their lives immediately
        after the attacks, almost as if they have something to prove. Over in
        the US, life stopped for about 4 days and one more a year later as we
        "remembered the great tragedy". I find it very funny that our response
        to 9/11 is far more profound than the Holocaust of WWII.

        Then again, the Holocaust didn't happen to us.

        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, happycynyc@a... wrote:
        > Hello, I should write more in this group but I don't make the time.
        >
        > However, if any of you were affected by the attacks in London, then my
        > thoughts are with you.
        >
        > I just don't get why to make points or draw attention, there has to
        be the
        > taking of lives. And so much of that is going on in the world all
        over. I can't
        > express my sorrow for those who have to live through it. And in some
        cases on
        > a daily basis. I wonder at times if we will ever learn.
        >
        > I don't mean to be a downer, just that when these "attacks" occur,
        it only
        > brings the point home to me again and again.

      • Paula Lieberman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 11, 2005
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 11, 2005
            Makes you wonder what happened to British stoicism in our formerly British controlled land...

          • Minako
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 12, 2005
              *shrugs* We (Spaniards) were cracking jokes a few days later, and of course
              everyone kept going on. When you know it´s going to happen and/or when
              you´ve always been more or less exposed to it it´s less of a shock. What can
              you do anyway appart from going on?

              USA has about... hum 1 war in their territories? And no terrorism. Also the
              11S was TOTALLY unexpected. It´s normal it was such a shock. Plus... you got
              more than 10times more victims than Madrid AND London together (unless
              London finally confirmed 100 dead). I myself got more of a shock with NY
              than with Madrid or London. And that´s a lot, because I have friends in both
              cities and familly in Madrid. But I could had never imagined 2 planes
              crashed on purpose, and even less seeing the WTC disappearing just like
              that.

              The holocaust would have probably hardened you a lot more. For many things
              USA is still a "baby". Its society is cleaner of this bad experiences, and
              the taint and coarsenes that comes with it, than Europe. Personally I
              consider a good thing that USA can still get so affected by this things, it
              means you´ve had little/nothing of it before.

              Minako.