Re: Lynn Speaks!

  • summershadows_winterlight
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 6 6:17 PM
      This is funny somehow. I think I imagined your voice a little
      different, Lynn (well, I guess that happens with everybody).
      Anyway, I had problems understanding the man who asked the questions
      sometimes, he's talking very... well, not like what you learn from
      school or british Audiobooks. :D
      At one point (around 3:30 min) he's saying something about poetry I
      think, about negative poetry and a man. And I didn't get anything else
      of the question (although the answer made sense.) Can anyone help me?

      Apart from that, listening to it was very interesting topic-wise.
      Especially the ever-asked writer's block question tends to be very
      encouraging once you're in it yourself, and so while I'm trying to
      cure myself from it via reading really random things and playing
      videogames and similar, being reminded that other people (especially
      'real' authors of books you love ;3 ) face the block too is just
      relieving.

      I bet I forgot a few things I wanted to mention, but it's after 3am
      and my brain in threatening to switch itself off completly.

      so, good night all :D

      Charlotte

      --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lynn_flewelling"
      <otterdance2@a...> wrote:
      > Recently I was interviewed for an online magazine (and did a TV
      interview that will also be up
      > soon, but that's another story). If you've ever wondered what I
      sound like while holding forth
      > on life, writing, and everything else, here's your chance.
      >

      > It's a bit tricky to find.
      >
      > 1. Go to: http://www.hotftv.net/
      >
      > 2. Click on the "Five Minute Interview" icon, upper left corner.
      >
      > 3. Scroll down that page to "Book Interviews" and click on the words.
      >
      > 4. Scroll down *that* page to the "Lynn Flewelling" link. I'm about
      half way down.
    • Andrea Chavez
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 7 8:30 AM
        <charlotte@...> wrote:

        > This is funny somehow. I think I imagined your voice
        > a little
        > different, Lynn (well, I guess that happens with
        > everybody).

        That's funny indeed because she sounded exactly as I
        thought she would. :-) huh? weird, eh?

        > Anyway, I had problems understanding the man who
        > asked the questions
        > sometimes, he's talking very... well, not like what
        > you learn from
        > school or british Audiobooks. :D

        He was talking very sloppily and was a terrible
        interviewer. Lynn managed to pull the interview out
        of the hell he was taking it to. Great Job Lynn! I'm
        sure he is a lovely fellow, but he needs to learn to
        listen and shut the hell up. I don't give a rip about
        his friend's bad cocaine poetry. He seemed to forget
        he was not the subject of the interview.

        His diction was terrible. He does this for a living?
        Yikes!

        Andrea -- B.A. in Journalism and life-long stage
        performer, where better English is required, I guess.

        Andrea C

        "I always pass on good advice,
        It's the only thing to do with it" --Oscar Wilde

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Minako
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 7 11:48 AM
          OMG XDDD I absolutly loved listening to this.

          But... god... I got a profound dislike for the pseudo-interviewer.
          I think it can be actually great to do an interview were both the
          interviewed and the interviewer have the same profesion. By comparing and
          reflecting experience you can get very interesting stuff.
          But this guy was like.... so lame XDDDDD I mean. What was he trying to do?
          Proof he was good or something? He was having a little ego-trip there.
          Talking about his friends, his absolutly lame writerblocks (actually I had
          to laught at it, he sounded like the ultimate jock), his favourites writers
          and I donĀ“t know what else. Not to talk about the way he asked about gays I
          was klinda expecting him to say "why do you write about freaks?".

          I too had problems with his vocalization, not being native at all, he was a
          challenge. XDDD

          Anyway. ^___^ Lynn thanks a million for passing this to us. For the European
          sector this is probably only way to hear you.

          My fav sentence (for the funny / I can reflect on it factor) is when you
          mention the importance of being "away from wireless internet". XDDDD

          Minako.

          PS: all my suport for people with friends and familly in London.

        • Heidi Hobson
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 7 1:35 PM
            I can't wait to see it, but I think I have to wait until my cable modem is back up... I tried looking at it, but it took sooooooooooo long with dial-up that I kept being redirected (that happens to me when things take to long, dial-up is pure, unrefutable, totally, and completely Satanic!

          • claudia wohlfeil
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 7 1:38 PM
              Lynn sounded just like I imagined as well! Good interview Lynn, even if the interviewer sucked rocks....you did great, thanks for the link!

              Claudia

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 7 2:33 PM
                --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Andrea Chavez <achavez47@y...> wrote:

                > That's funny indeed because she sounded exactly as I
                > thought she would. :-) huh? weird, eh?

                LOL!

                > He was talking very sloppily and was a terrible
                > interviewer. Lynn managed to pull the interview out
                > of the hell he was taking it to. Great Job Lynn!

                Thanks. He did go off on some odd tangents. He's part of a a local video group, semi
                professional at least. They do both the audio interviews and local access TV spots (I'll post
                the URL when that one is online, so you can all see me talking!) Apparently the TV
                interview/reading will air here in Buffalo this week, then show in LA and New Zealand.
                Don't ask me why those places. It was one of those situations where one of the people
                involved, (the guy who interviews me for the TV part) knows me from sf conventions and
                his radio show, on which I have been a guest several times. He asked if I wanted to do an
                "interview" for local TV and I, publicity whore that I am, said sure, why not. They got me
                into this really neat studio and informed me I was doing a reading! I hadn't prepared
                anything, but did have some of the books with me, for graphics. So I pulled it all out of my
                a** on the spot. Please be kind when you see the finished product! *grin*