Lynn Speaks!

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 6, 2005
      Recently I was interviewed for an online magazine (and did a TV interview that will also be up
      soon, but that's another story). If you've ever wondered what I sound like while holding forth
      on life, writing, and everything else, here's your chance.

      It's a bit tricky to find.

      1. Go to: http://www.hotftv.net/

      2. Click on the "Five Minute Interview" icon, upper left corner.

      3. Scroll down that page to "Book Interviews" and click on the words.

      4. Scroll down *that* page to the "Lynn Flewelling" link. I'm about half way down.
    • summershadows_winterlight
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 6, 2005
        This is funny somehow. I think I imagined your voice a little
        different, Lynn (well, I guess that happens with everybody).
        Anyway, I had problems understanding the man who asked the questions
        sometimes, he's talking very... well, not like what you learn from
        school or british Audiobooks. :D
        At one point (around 3:30 min) he's saying something about poetry I
        think, about negative poetry and a man. And I didn't get anything else
        of the question (although the answer made sense.) Can anyone help me?

        Apart from that, listening to it was very interesting topic-wise.
        Especially the ever-asked writer's block question tends to be very
        encouraging once you're in it yourself, and so while I'm trying to
        cure myself from it via reading really random things and playing
        videogames and similar, being reminded that other people (especially
        'real' authors of books you love ;3 ) face the block too is just
        relieving.

        I bet I forgot a few things I wanted to mention, but it's after 3am
        and my brain in threatening to switch itself off completly.

        so, good night all :D

        Charlotte

        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lynn_flewelling"
        <otterdance2@a...> wrote:
        > Recently I was interviewed for an online magazine (and did a TV
        interview that will also be up
        > soon, but that's another story). If you've ever wondered what I
        sound like while holding forth
        > on life, writing, and everything else, here's your chance.
        >

        > It's a bit tricky to find.
        >
        > 1. Go to: http://www.hotftv.net/
        >
        > 2. Click on the "Five Minute Interview" icon, upper left corner.
        >
        > 3. Scroll down that page to "Book Interviews" and click on the words.
        >
        > 4. Scroll down *that* page to the "Lynn Flewelling" link. I'm about
        half way down.
      • Andrea Chavez
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 7, 2005
          <charlotte@...> wrote:

          > This is funny somehow. I think I imagined your voice
          > a little
          > different, Lynn (well, I guess that happens with
          > everybody).

          That's funny indeed because she sounded exactly as I
          thought she would. :-) huh? weird, eh?

          > Anyway, I had problems understanding the man who
          > asked the questions
          > sometimes, he's talking very... well, not like what
          > you learn from
          > school or british Audiobooks. :D

          He was talking very sloppily and was a terrible
          interviewer. Lynn managed to pull the interview out
          of the hell he was taking it to. Great Job Lynn! I'm
          sure he is a lovely fellow, but he needs to learn to
          listen and shut the hell up. I don't give a rip about
          his friend's bad cocaine poetry. He seemed to forget
          he was not the subject of the interview.

          His diction was terrible. He does this for a living?
          Yikes!

          Andrea -- B.A. in Journalism and life-long stage
          performer, where better English is required, I guess.

          Andrea C

          "I always pass on good advice,
          It's the only thing to do with it" --Oscar Wilde

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Minako
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 7, 2005
            OMG XDDD I absolutly loved listening to this.

            But... god... I got a profound dislike for the pseudo-interviewer.
            I think it can be actually great to do an interview were both the
            interviewed and the interviewer have the same profesion. By comparing and
            reflecting experience you can get very interesting stuff.
            But this guy was like.... so lame XDDDDD I mean. What was he trying to do?
            Proof he was good or something? He was having a little ego-trip there.
            Talking about his friends, his absolutly lame writerblocks (actually I had
            to laught at it, he sounded like the ultimate jock), his favourites writers
            and I donĀ“t know what else. Not to talk about the way he asked about gays I
            was klinda expecting him to say "why do you write about freaks?".

            I too had problems with his vocalization, not being native at all, he was a
            challenge. XDDD

            Anyway. ^___^ Lynn thanks a million for passing this to us. For the European
            sector this is probably only way to hear you.

            My fav sentence (for the funny / I can reflect on it factor) is when you
            mention the importance of being "away from wireless internet". XDDDD

            Minako.

            PS: all my suport for people with friends and familly in London.

          • Heidi Hobson
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 7, 2005
              I can't wait to see it, but I think I have to wait until my cable modem is back up... I tried looking at it, but it took sooooooooooo long with dial-up that I kept being redirected (that happens to me when things take to long, dial-up is pure, unrefutable, totally, and completely Satanic!

            • claudia wohlfeil
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 7, 2005
                Lynn sounded just like I imagined as well! Good interview Lynn, even if the interviewer sucked rocks....you did great, thanks for the link!

                Claudia

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 7, 2005
                  --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Andrea Chavez <achavez47@y...> wrote:

                  > That's funny indeed because she sounded exactly as I
                  > thought she would. :-) huh? weird, eh?

                  LOL!

                  > He was talking very sloppily and was a terrible
                  > interviewer. Lynn managed to pull the interview out
                  > of the hell he was taking it to. Great Job Lynn!

                  Thanks. He did go off on some odd tangents. He's part of a a local video group, semi
                  professional at least. They do both the audio interviews and local access TV spots (I'll post
                  the URL when that one is online, so you can all see me talking!) Apparently the TV
                  interview/reading will air here in Buffalo this week, then show in LA and New Zealand.
                  Don't ask me why those places. It was one of those situations where one of the people
                  involved, (the guy who interviews me for the TV part) knows me from sf conventions and
                  his radio show, on which I have been a guest several times. He asked if I wanted to do an
                  "interview" for local TV and I, publicity whore that I am, said sure, why not. They got me
                  into this really neat studio and informed me I was doing a reading! I hadn't prepared
                  anything, but did have some of the books with me, for graphics. So I pulled it all out of my
                  a** on the spot. Please be kind when you see the finished product! *grin*