Re: Re: German publishers

  • Astrid1972@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005

      > > Another point is that they are published earlier... ;)
      > >

      > > Volker aka darkon

      And they are cheaper ;-)

      Astrid (a big Amazon.de-fan!!! I remember times (before Inernet) when you've had to ask at book stores for english books. After that you just waited 6-8 weeks(for already published books!) and with luck...)
    • Olaf Keith
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
        I think the overall quality of the translation was ok. Not terrific,
        but not terribly bad either. But there were a great number of small
        mistakes that could have been easily corrected by more thorough
        proof-reading. For example, sometimes names were translated into
        German, and a couple of pages later they remained in the original
        English, such as "Alec of Ivywell" or "Alec aus Efeuquell". Such stuff
        is annoying.

        The books, all four that were published here, are now listed as "out
        of print". I have been hunting through several bookstores in several
        cities in the past couple of days to look if any bookstore had any
        copies left. But I had no such look.

        Olaf
      • Minako
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 12, 2005
          Huh? So Spain is not only country where imported books in english are
          cheaper than the national printings?
          I hoped only spain could be that stupid (stupid or very clever, because
          people in spain has no english skills so they canĀ“t choose).

          Minako