Nightrunners question

  • c_yip
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 8, 2005
      Hi,

      Just wondering if anyone can tell me, how many brothers and sisters in
      total does Klia have? I know she's the youngest and then there's
      Phoria who's the princess royal and her brother.... but I was re-
      reading and there's an Elesthera and Tymore? Are they like the middle
      twins?

      Thank you!
      Tweety
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 8, 2005
        The queen Idrilain had six children, if I remember right, three from her
        first consort and three from the second. Klia had two "full" brothers,
        who died in the war. Phoria, her twin Korathan and Aralain are Klia's
        older half-siblings, as in they have a different father.

        Tawariel

        c_yip wrote:

        >Hi,
        >
        >Just wondering if anyone can tell me, how many brothers and sisters in
        >total does Klia have? I know she's the youngest and then there's
        >Phoria who's the princess royal and her brother.... but I was re-
        >reading and there's an Elesthera and Tymore? Are they like the middle
        >twins?
        >
        >Thank you!
        >Tweety

      • Taks
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 9, 2005
          But to echo Tweety's question, who are Elesthera and
          Tymore? We know Phoria and Korathan are twins. So
          Idrilain has two sets of twins?

          Taks

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 9, 2005
            Are you sure they are kids of Idrilain? *sorts through brain*
            I really don't remember the names from the books.

            Tawariel

            Taks wrote:

            >But to echo Tweety's question, who are Elesthera and
            >Tymore? We know Phoria and Korathan are twins. So
            >Idrilain has two sets of twins?
            >
            >Taks

          • LinasScarletSlippers
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 9, 2005
              ok so ive been a silent observer to this group for a while now, ever since i discovered Ms Flewellings most amazing books, so hi to you all, love your work Lynn, and am very surprised and humbled that an author of your considerable talent takes the time to converse in this manner with your many fans. thank you so much. am eagerly awaiting, along with the other members of this group, the final instalment of the Tamir Triad, as well as anymore books in the nightrunner series *fingers crossed*. but no pressure or anything .
              back to the question at hand, this is one point i have always wondered about since reading the nightrunner series a year or so ago. i really don't mean to nit pick but i have developed a habit of dissecting texts (thankyou extension elective ). many appologies, i dont mean to offend or criticise.
              Idrilain had 6 children, 3 by each consort: Phoria, Korathan and Aralain by the first, and twins Tymore and Elesthera and Klia by the second.
              there are two references to the second set of twins (the first set of twins being Phoria and Korathan of course) in the nightrunner series:
              Luck In The Shadows p344
              Myrhini: According to Klia, he thinks Seregil's a bad influence and has never liked his being friends with her and the twins"
              Elesthera and Tymore, thought Alec. Seregil had drilled him mercilessly on the royal family. The twins were Kila's older brother and sister, Idrilains other children by her second consort.

              but this is where it gets me. i realise this may be a simple mistake by either author or editor but i was wondering if it is the same in other editions?
              Traitors Moon pg 3
              Klia, the youngest and sole survivor of the second three, had the same handsome features, chestnut hair and ready wit as the father and two brothers for whom she still wore a black baldric.

              so to answer Taks and Tweetys queries yes Idrilain had two sets of twins. the second set died somewhere between the first and third booksalong with their father, but it is not mentioned how. assuming fighting in the war perhaps?

              sorry its so long but i hope it was some help at least. and please dont attack me. lol. everytime i discuss this a friends, he accuses me of being disloyal to Queen Lynn.

              cheers,

              Lina

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 10, 2005
                *bg*
                Hy Lina!
                Uh, you know you just got the job as the resident book(s) quoter? ;-)
                Thanks for the info. I knew I read somewhere that Klia mourned her two
                brother. But I really don't remember reading the names of them. Time to
                re-read the Nightrunner books...

                Tawariel

                LinasScarletSlippers wrote:

                >ok so ive been a silent observer to this group for a while now, ever since i discovered Ms Flewellings most amazing books, so hi to you all, love your work Lynn, and am very surprised and humbled that an author of your considerable talent takes the time to converse in this manner with your many fans. thank you so much. am eagerly awaiting, along with the other members of this group, the final instalment of the Tamir Triad, as well as anymore books in the nightrunner series *fingers crossed*. but no pressure or anything .
                >back to the question at hand, this is one point i have always wondered about since reading the nightrunner series a year or so ago. i really don't mean to nit pick but i have developed a habit of dissecting texts (thankyou extension elective ). many appologies, i dont mean to offend or criticise.
                >Idrilain had 6 children, 3 by each consort: Phoria, Korathan and Aralain by the first, and twins Tymore and Elesthera and Klia by the second.
                >there are two references to the second set of twins (the first set of twins being Phoria and Korathan of course) in the nightrunner series:
                >Luck In The Shadows p344
                >Myrhini: According to Klia, he thinks Seregil's a bad influence and has never liked his being friends with her and the twins"
                >Elesthera and Tymore, thought Alec. Seregil had drilled him mercilessly on the royal family. The twins were Kila's older brother and sister, Idrilains other children by her second consort.
                >
                >but this is where it gets me. i realise this may be a simple mistake by either author or editor but i was wondering if it is the same in other editions?
                >Traitors Moon pg 3
                >Klia, the youngest and sole survivor of the second three, had the same handsome features, chestnut hair and ready wit as the father and two brothers for whom she still wore a black baldric.
                >
                >so to answer Taks and Tweetys queries yes Idrilain had two sets of twins. the second set died somewhere between the first and third booksalong with their father, but it is not mentioned how. assuming fighting in the war perhaps?
                >
                >sorry its so long but i hope it was some help at least. and please dont attack me. lol. everytime i discuss this a friends, he accuses me of being disloyal to Queen Lynn.
                >
                >cheers,
                >
                >Lina

              • Kelly Kurtz
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 12, 2005
                  I was reading Stalking *again* last night. Alec and Seregil visiting the
                  site of the burned devastation always brings a tear to my eye. Anyway, not
                  for the first time I wondered if Lynn would be possibly have an idea for a
                  story or novel featuring Gherin and his foster brother, Luthas, obviously
                  set some 20 years down the road. I'd love to see what Alec and Seregil will
                  be like in 20 years. Given their long life span, I'm guessing they will be
                  much the same physically but how will the years have touched them. I think
                  they're life partners so they'll be together forever - but I love to see my
                  favorite characters through Life's journey.

                  I see endless scenarios for the four of them in my mind's eye. Lynn? :-)

                  Kelly
                • Jessica Cooper

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 13, 2005
                      LOL, I've also just re-read "Stalking", and finished with a
                      contented sigh that my favourite book couple are together and safe,
                      but at the same time LONGING to share more of their lives. I agree,
                      I think they are life partners, and it's so nice to have their
                      relationship strong and secure, with just enough angst to keep it
                      interesting, but not to leave you depressed! I like "my boys"
                      together in the end!

                      --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly Kurtz" <KellyKurtz@h...>
                      wrote:
                      > I was reading Stalking *again* last night. Alec and Seregil
                      visiting the
                      > site of the burned devastation always brings a tear to my eye.
                      Anyway, not
                      > for the first time I wondered if Lynn would be possibly have an
                      idea for a
                      > story or novel featuring Gherin and his foster brother, Luthas,
                      obviously
                      > set some 20 years down the road. I'd love to see what Alec and
                      Seregil will
                      > be like in 20 years. Given their long life span, I'm guessing they
                      will be
                      > much the same physically but how will the years have touched
                      them. I think
                      > they're life partners so they'll be together forever - but I love
                      to see my
                      > favorite characters through Life's journey.
                      >
                      > I see endless scenarios for the four of them in my mind's eye.
                      Lynn? :-)

                      > Kelly
                    • c_yip
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 13, 2005
                        Ahhhhhhh, thanky all who replied to my question! :D I was confused
                        when I was re-reading cuz by then I'd read Traitor's Moon and they
                        only talked about Phoria, Korathan and Klia. So when I went back to
                        Luck in the Shadows, there were these 2 extra names, but really they
                        were never a part of the story at all.... so who knows maybe by the
                        time Alec met Klia in the first book, those twins had already died...
                        or as people have suggested, they died somewhere between the first and
                        third book :D but yesh, thankys all!

                        Tweety