Melissa Scott Masterclass

  • Purchase Family
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 26, 2005
      I'm going to be busy as over the next 10 or so weeks. I've been accepted into Melissa Scott's SF masterclass -- yes, THE Melissa Scott, author of a whole string of alternative sexuality SF and fantasy novels. I sent some samples of my writing, and she liked them!!!! If you must know, I'm scared stiff, actually, now that it's really happened.

      Work starts soon. Now I have to think of the plot for a slash SF novel, and so far, I've been so excited about being admitted to the program that I haven't even bothered with that. Better put my thinking cap on.

      That I've gotten as far as I have is thanks to all of you who have written to me encouraging me, suggesting improvements, cheering me up when I was down, sustaining my tender writer's ego -- most of all, just reading my scribbles.

      Thanks, guys.

      Nigel

      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 27, 2005
        Good luck Nigel :)

      • Purchase Family
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 27, 2005
          Thanks!

          Nigel
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 27, 2005
            Congratulations Nigel, a well deserved honor. I read a couple of
            your contributions on the net and they were very good ... best wishes
            for your continued success.

            Marg

            --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Purchase Family" <purchase@n...>
            wrote:
            > I'm going to be busy as over the next 10 or so weeks. I've been
            accepted into Melissa Scott's SF masterclass -- yes, THE Melissa
            Scott, author of a whole string of alternative sexuality SF and
            fantasy novels. I sent some samples of my writing, and she liked
            them!!!! If you must know, I'm scared stiff, actually, now that it's
            really happened.

            > Work starts soon. Now I have to think of the plot for a slash SF
            novel, and so far, I've been so excited about being admitted to the
            program that I haven't even bothered with that. Better put my
            thinking cap on.

            > That I've gotten as far as I have is thanks to all of you who have
            written to me encouraging me, suggesting improvements, cheering me up
            when I was down, sustaining my tender writer's ego -- most of all,
            just reading my scribbles.

            > Thanks, guys.
            >
            > Nigel

          • Purchase Family
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 27, 2005
              Why thank you, ma'am! I'm hoping to get some idea of how to write something publishable -- or, at least -- sellable!

              Nigel

              wrote:
              > I'm going to be busy as over the next 10 or so weeks. I've been
              accepted into Melissa Scott's SF masterclass -- yes, THE Melissa
              Scott, author of a whole string of alternative sexuality SF and
              fantasy novels. I sent some samples of my writing, and she liked
              them!!!! If you must know, I'm scared stiff, actually, now that it's
              really happened.

              > Work starts soon. Now I have to think of the plot for a slash SF
              novel, and so far, I've been so excited about being admitted to the
              program that I haven't even bothered with that. Better put my
              thinking cap on.

              > That I've gotten as far as I have is thanks to all of you who have
              written to me encouraging me, suggesting improvements, cheering me up
              when I was down, sustaining my tender writer's ego -- most of all,
              just reading my scribbles.

              > Thanks, guys.
              >
              > Nigel

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Gaile Pohlhaus
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 28, 2005
                Nigel I look forward to seeing you in Asimov or F&SF or best of all Analog!
                Gaile

                Purchase Family wrote:

                > Why thank you, ma'am! I'm hoping to get some idea of how to write
                > something publishable -- or, at least -- sellable!
                >
                > Nigel

              • Purchase Family
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 28, 2005
                  That would be nice! Short stories are very hard to write -- so it'll be a novel in the SF space. If it's EVER anything <g>

                  Nigel

                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 28, 2005
                    And .... I'll be first in line at your Adelaide book signing:)

                    wrote:
                    > That would be nice! Short stories are very hard to write -- so
                    it'll be a novel in the SF space. If it's EVER anything <g>

                    > Nigel

                    Terms of
                    > > Service.

                    > > Lynn's official web-site - www.sff.net/people/Lynn.Flewelling
                    > >
                    > > Post message: Flewelling@yahoogroups.com
                    > > Subscribe: Flewelling-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                    > >

                    > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                    > > click here

                    <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129bti5fm/M=298184.6018725.7038619.300117
                    6/D=groups/S=1705020228:HM/EXP=1109663211/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/
                    *http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

                    subject=Unsubscribe>

                    of

                    > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    Service.

                  • Andrea Chavez
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 28, 2005
                      Nigel

                      When you are in class, ask Ms. Scott just WHEN the
                      next Points book is coming out. ARGGGGG

                      AC

                      =====
                      Andrea C

                      "I always pass on good advice,
                      It's the only thing to do with it" --Oscar Wilde

                      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                    • Purchase Family
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 28, 2005
                        in 2010!

                        Nigel

                        wrote:
                        > That would be nice! Short stories are very hard to write -- so
                        it'll be a novel in the SF space. If it's EVER anything <g>

                        > Nigel

                        Terms of
                        > > Service.

                        > > Lynn's official web-site - www.sff.net/people/Lynn.Flewelling
                        > >
                        > > Post message: Flewelling@yahoogroups.com
                        > > Subscribe: Flewelling-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                        > >

                        > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                        > > click here

                        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129bti5fm/M=298184.6018725.7038619.300117
                        6/D=groups/S=1705020228:HM/EXP=1109663211/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/
                        *http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

                        subject=Unsubscribe>

                        of

                        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        Service.

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      • Purchase Family
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 28, 2005
                          I will!

                          Can't wait myself!

                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 28, 2005
                            Unless I win Xlotto before then and have moved to an exotic island in
                            the Pacific or somewhere equally as intriguing, I'll still be here
                            for the great occasion, but I am sure I won't have to wait that
                            long!!!!

                            wrote:
                            > in 2010!
                            >
                            > Nigel