Re: [Flewelling] Artist of interest

  • Kc2
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23, 2005
      lynn_flewelling <otterdance2@...> wrote:

      Bumping around the net the other day, I came across the website of artist Jo Chen. She does comic book art, video game illustrations and the like, and she's really wonderful. http://www.jo-chen.com/

      She had a very nice "Alec" (actually, his name is Ray, but she says I can tell you it's Alec)
      http://www.jo-chen.com/engpage/engpage.htm

      For some strange reason, I could never completely envision Alec, but I knew that all the actors/drawings/renderings/etc. presented by fellow listmembers for consideration of who looked most like him just didn't ring true for me. Oh, I know we all have our own ideas, and that's what this list is all about. But, for me, Jo Chen's "Ray" is the perfect Alec. I'm so glad you shared this with us, Lynn. I sincerely hope I have the opportunity to request Ms. Chen's services for my own cover art one day. She does as good of a job of bringing a character to life through her work as you do in yours. Bravo - and loud applause - to you both!

      Kc

    • summershadows_winterlight
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 23, 2005
        Ooh, this isn't 'my' Alec at all, but I love the artist's style. It's
        not the typical cel-style-coloring or the
        photoshop-airbrush-softstyle, but something different for once, with
        it's own character, really nice to look at :D

        ~ Charlotte
        ---
        http://loubli.summershadows.org/