Re: [Flewelling] Non-straight characters in fantasy and science fiction, was I did the same thing!

  • Purchase Family
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 30, 2004
      They're both marvellous. Unfortunately, she hasn't written much more,
      though Delia Sherman has.

      Nigel
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2005
        Hello,

        Purchase Family wrote:
        > There's a useful web-page ( http://trinityslash.com/proslash.html ) with
        > lists of some published slash (i.e., romantic m2m fiction), including
        > both contemporary and novels and fantasy, and an associated yahoo group,

        There's also this wonderful list called "Alternative Sexualities in
        Science Fiction and Fantasy", composed by Mary Anne Mohanraj
        (http://www.mamohanraj.com/balist.html). The last update is in February
        2004, but the list is very exhaustive. It's not only LGBT; it also lists
        stories with alien sex, etc., but there are almost always little notes
        explaining why the story/novel is listed.

        little Alex
      • Purchase Family
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 4, 2005
          It's a nice long list. Only trouble, you have to look for the reviews elsewhere. I don't mind writing short reviews for the books I've read, but obviously if I haven't read them . . . .

          Nigel