Alec and Seregil in The Sims!

  • Esmira
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 2, 2004
      Hi all!

      Anyone here play the computer game The Sims? Whether
      you do or don't, keep reading. ;)

      For those of you unfamiliar with it, (for those that
      are, just skip this paragraph) it's the most popular
      computer game ever, and it's basically a virtual
      dollhouse, where you control the characters (or not,
      and see what trouble they get themselves into on their
      own), and have them... well, live their lives! They
      can get jobs, buy pets, go on dates or vacations, get
      married, become famous, etc. etc. The main reason the
      game is so popular is that players can create their
      own characters ('skins') and objects for the game.
      Downloading other people's stuff, and making my own,
      are my favorite things to do regarding The Sims.

      Anyway, I've been running a Sims download site for a
      few years now. I make the skins and objects, while a
      friend of mine makes the meshes for skins (I'm more
      Paintshop Pro talented while she's more 3D design
      talented). Both of us enjoyed Nightrunner a lot, so
      we've been working on some skins and objects for it!
      I'll put the stuff up for download on my Sims site
      (http://www.geocities.com/happysimz) in the next
      update (unless, of course, Ms. Flewelling has an
      objection to the idea :) ). For now, here's a gallery
      of the boys' exploits in my game!
      http://sithjester.demonique.net/simsgallery/nrsimsgallery.html

      http://my.yahoo.com
    • Tatianna G
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 2, 2004
        That is just to cool. I have avoided the Sims because I seriously do not need another obession in my life so it is to much fun to see it working out this way. Way to go. :)

        Tatianna

        Esmira <sith_jester@...> wrote:

[...]

        Everyone wants to follow a lead, why not be the one holding the leash?

        1_FemDomme_House@yahoogroups.com
        1_Fetish_Strap-on@yahoogroups.com

      • Rebecca
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 2, 2004
          --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Tatianna G <tatianna2072@y...>
          wrote:
          > That is just to cool. I have avoided the Sims because I seriously
          do not need another obession in my life so it is to much fun to see
          it working out this way. Way to go. :)

          I can't keep avoiding them. They haunt me even here. I put my laptop
          under my bed, under a pile of papers so it would get out of my sight
          and I would forget Xena, Gabrielle, Alec and Seregil want me to play
          with them. I thought it the best way possible to get things done
          around the house, but it is obvious they just won't go away so I'll
          have to give in and play tonight. whoo- hoo!

          Becca
        • Andrea Chavez
          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 2, 2004
            That was too funny. I have not ever played Sims
            because I really want to use my computer to write
            stories. So far I have only loaded a word processor
            on my laptop....but I confess to a little Harry Potter
            fun on my big computer. Harry it about my speed on
            computer games. Find me the treasure, fly on a
            broom....good fun that.

            ANYWAY -- I love the gallery

            AC

            =====
            Andrea C

            "I always pass on good advice,
            It's the only thing to do with it" --Oscar Wilde

            http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 2, 2004
              Major LOL! What higher praise could this fellow Sim-aholic get? Did you design a lot of
              those objects yourself? The skins are great, btw! And the cat! You are clearly spending
              WAY too much time on this, but I am flattered. LOL!

              Lynn <8-)

              --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Esmira <sith_jester@y...> wrote:
              > Hi all!
              >
              > Anyone here play the computer game The Sims? Whether
              > you do or don't, keep reading. ;)
              >
              > For those of you unfamiliar with it, (for those that
              > are, just skip this paragraph) it's the most popular
              > computer game ever, and it's basically a virtual
              > dollhouse, where you control the characters (or not,
              > and see what trouble they get themselves into on their
              > own), and have them... well, live their lives! They
              > can get jobs, buy pets, go on dates or vacations, get
              > married, become famous, etc. etc. The main reason the
              > game is so popular is that players can create their
              > own characters ('skins') and objects for the game.
              > Downloading other people's stuff, and making my own,
              > are my favorite things to do regarding The Sims.
              >
              > Anyway, I've been running a Sims download site for a
              > few years now. I make the skins and objects, while a
              > friend of mine makes the meshes for skins (I'm more
              > Paintshop Pro talented while she's more 3D design
              > talented). Both of us enjoyed Nightrunner a lot, so
              > we've been working on some skins and objects for it!
              > I'll put the stuff up for download on my Sims site
              > (http://www.geocities.com/happysimz) in the next
              > update (unless, of course, Ms. Flewelling has an
              > objection to the idea :) ). For now, here's a gallery
              > of the boys' exploits in my game!
              > http://sithjester.demonique.net/simsgallery/nrsimsgallery.html

              > http://my.yahoo.com
            • Esmira
              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 2, 2004
                Thanks! :D I'm happy to hear you like The Sims too!

                In the screenshots, the only skins and objects I made
                are Alec and Seregil (of course), the kitty, and the
                Street of Lights lamps, everything else is various
                stuff I've downloaded. I'm way better at skinning than
                I am object making, so I mostly stick with that.

                --- lynn_flewelling <otterdance2@...> wrote:

                > Major LOL! What higher praise could this fellow
                > Sim-aholic get? Did you design a lot of
                > those objects yourself? The skins are great, btw!
                > And the cat! You are clearly spending
                > WAY too much time on this, but I am flattered. LOL!
                >

                > Lynn <8-)

                The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
                http://my.yahoo.com
              • Esmira
                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 2, 2004
                  Just letting the Sim fans in the list know that I
                  added the Nightrunner stuff to my Sims site (the link
                  again is http://www.geocities.com/happysimz). :D

                  http://my.yahoo.com
                • Serena
                  Message 8 of 18 , Dec 3, 2004
                    Just wondering as some cultures that have high rates of bisexuality are cool and ok about such things, more tolerant as this is a common experience in many of its members. others have equally high rates but as this is a shameful, socially taboo experience, the same people doing it can become very agressive and intolerant of those who are openly gay/bi. Australia (where I am) was a English colony, with much higher ratios of men to women for much of its history. as a result male bonds (mateship) and male dominated activities ( sport, the pub etc) recieve much higher social status, but there is a rampant and virulent homophobic attitude in Australian culture that seems to be a kind of discomfort that arises from a situation where men's relationships with other men are often then strongest and most important to them, but sex between men is seen to be taboo. Different attitudes, different cultures. much the same motivators (love, friendship etc) but different social manifestations. I'm
                    always curious about what makes cultures, people tick.

                    Virginia Jansen <virginia.pisati@...> wrote:
                    --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Serena <bodhicat2000@y...> wrote:
                    > Do they get as upset about gay guys as gay girls? I read something
                    about there being a high incident of gay encounters amongst Hispanic
                    men, who saw themselves as "straight" and this causing problems with
                    spread of AIDS.

                    Hello, Serena !

                    Actually AIDS is been spread more and more in the women, married or
                    living with a single partner just because they have "extra" sexual
                    relations out of the "marriage" and at home, they insist on NOT using
                    condoms... as result, they infected htier female partner. Now, if
                    these other sexual intercourse were homo/hetero, it does not matter,
                    in my opinion, just what scares me the most is the easly way
                    Brazilian women don't insist on the use of condoms...
                    About "Hispanic", well, Serena, Brazil is a huge country NOT
                    colonizated by Spain... so I con't talk about "Hispanic" men that are
                    really afraid to assume their trends. But ,here, those who are brave
                    enough to assume had to pay a price sometimes too high. Even when it
                    appears Brazilian Society is getting a little more open there's still
                    too much prejudice.

                    > Virginia Jansen <virginia.pisati@i...> wrote:
                    > Hello, folks !
                    >

                    > I've been readind almost every post in these few days. Not all of
                    > them , some of they are huge... >_<
                    >
                    > But only yesterday's night I was at home and watching TV. It's a
                    > novelity as the TV is brand new and I've been without one for hun,
                    2
                    > entire months. But at last I've got one and I was watching the most
                    > popular TV shows in Brazilian TV, the soap-operas, I guess it is
                    what
                    > you Americans call them (novelas). They're almost a tradition.
                    Great
                    > Brazilian actors knwon without put their talents and faces on TV
                    they
                    > cannot manage to get funds to do Theatre or movies...
                    > Oh, there are a lot of only beautiful faces and handsome bodies as
                    > well with talents like of a door nail...
                    >
                    > But as I was saying; yesterday I was caught by surprise when the
                    > plot of "Senhora do Destino"- The Destiny's Lady, for translation-
                    > (I know very little of it, after all I did not watch the telly for
                    2
                    > months ans even before that, it was not the kind of show I would
                    pay
                    > more attention to it) showed a High School girl ending at her
                    > girlfriend's bed in a very touching scene... she accepts the
                    fellings
                    > she was nurturing towards this older, mature woman.
                    > "That's nice", I thought. Even because some months ago in another
                    > soap-opera(Laços de Família - Family's Bonds) there were such a
                    mess
                    > about a lesbian young couple. Their first kiss had driven the
                    > moralist in panic... and more to the past, well, the people reacted
                    > *SO* badly at the idea of a mature lesbian couple in another plot
                    > thar the authou, poor man, he had to killed both of the Characters
                    > because of the bad audience(Torre de Bavel - Babel's Tower).
                    >
                    > Maybe Brazilian society IS getting more friendly toward those who
                    > have other than the "conventional" choices ?
                    > I really love to think this is the truth. Maybe it's gonna take a
                    > little longer but if a scene like the yesterday's one can be seen
                    as
                    > really the kind and honest thing it is, just like another
                    > relationship and people watching it won't burn in hatred, oh, well,
                    > usually out "novelas" show us a very unreal world, but sometimes,
                    as
                    > I hope it is this case, they can show us a shifting in the common
                    > sense.
                    > Did I blabed so much you lost the point ???
                    > ^_^
                    >
                    > Oh, well, sorry !
                    >
                    > Virgínia

                    > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                    Service.

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                    Get unlimited calls to

                    U.S./Canada

                    Message 9 of 18 , Dec 3, 2004
                      Aaaah!

                      You did the lamps! XDDDDDDD
                      The bad thing about sims 2 it´s that there aren´t many skins. :( I love
                      lots of stuff about it but the lack of skins and object... T_T

                      Minnnnnako deshita

                      Message 10 of 18 , Dec 4, 2004
                        He he.

                        Ye ancient list mom is a Sims addict of old.. sadly though I lost my
                        original sims and all my dld's in a hard drive disaster, I had some lovely head
                        skins based on one of Ffions head's which was just like my vision of Seregil
                        sigh, but the site I'd got it from was long gone and even though I recreated
                        them it just wasnt quite the same sniff.

                        Ive got Sims 2 going now. Well hmm when there are a few more Sims 2 head
                        meshes I'll have a go at our happy couple. They'll fit in really well in
                        Helenstown, my neighbourhood the nieces are not allowed to touch on pain of
                        death. Snort, Sims 2 has a few improvements, you can actually have them married
                        complete with rings on starting the game and the boys get a proper propose
                        marriage option now in game. I do have one gay couple in my game at the
                        moment, Bob and Paul, err my tip is not to make one a Romance Sim lol and the
                        other a Party Sim lol as it results in chaos. Bob bless him wants to make
                        WooHoo with several different Sims a day and it's a nightmare keeping up with him
                        and keeping his err flings away from his other half who is busy inviting them
                        to parties all the time sigh. Right now, Bob has had a baby with the girl
                        from next door.. I thought it was a girl so I called her Emily howl...
                        trouble was it grew up into a boy toddler lol.. well, I wasnt totally sure she just
                        wasnt very very ugly til she turned in to a kid. Anyway she's now a boy and
                        called Emily and is probabably traumatised for life, particularly as her new
                        best friend is err Bob and Paul's adopted daughter Amy. Im trying not to
                        think of future complications lol.

                        Ah why not have a few more, Im trying to get Paul kidnapped at the moment by
                        aliens so he can get pregnant with a little half alien green sprog... lol.
                        Just stick them out by the telescope at night and cross your fingers..

                        Message 11 of 18 , Dec 4, 2004
                          achavez47@... writes:

                          That was too funny. I have not ever played Sims
                          because I really want to use my computer to write
                          stories. So far I have only loaded a word processor
                          on my laptop....but I confess to a little Harry Potter
                          fun on my big computer. Harry it about my speed on
                          computer games. Find me the treasure, fly on a
                          broom....good fun that.

                          ANYWAY -- I love the gallery

                          AC

                          He he I play Harry Potter too.. yes I can just about manage those,
                          though I got stuck at the end of the first one and Quirrell kept killing me. I
                          havent got very far with Azkaban, I found the camera movement a bit err shaky
                          this time.

                          Message 12 of 18 , Dec 5, 2004
                            >Bob bless him wants to make
                            >WooHoo with several different Sims a day and it's a nightmare keeping up with him
                            >and keeping his err flings away from his other half who is busy inviting them
                            >to parties all the time sigh. Right now, Bob has had a baby with the girl
                            >from next door.. I thought it was a girl so I called her Emily howl...
                            >trouble was it grew up into a boy toddler lol.. well, I wasnt totally sure she just
                            >wasnt very very ugly til she turned in to a kid. Anyway she's now a boy and
                            >called Emily and is probabably traumatised for life, particularly as her new
                            >best friend is err Bob and Paul's adopted daughter Amy. Im trying not to
                            >think of future complications lol.

                            helen u really should consider to start writing for soap operas!!!

                            noerml

                            Message 13 of 18 , Dec 6, 2004
                              In a message dated 12/5/2004 3:34:28 PM GMT Standard Time, noerml@...
                              writes:

                              >Bob bless him wants to make
                              >WooHoo with several different Sims a day and it's a nightmare keeping up
                              with him
                              >and keeping his err flings away from his other half who is busy inviting
                              them
                              >to parties all the time sigh. Right now, Bob has had a baby with the
                              girl
                              >from next door.. I thought it was a girl so I called her Emily howl...
                              >trouble was it grew up into a boy toddler lol.. well, I wasnt totally sure
                              she just
                              >wasnt very very ugly til she turned in to a kid. Anyway she's now a boy
                              and
                              >called Emily and is probabably traumatised for life, particularly as her
                              new
                              >best friend is err Bob and Paul's adopted daughter Amy. Im trying not to
                              >think of future complications lol.

                              helen u really should consider to start writing for soap operas!!!

                              noerml

                              Lol. That's exactly what Sims 2 is... a soap, with you in charge he he.

                              Sighs there's a new expansion pack on the way, Sims University. Sadly she
                              says with a touch of humour it's full of US traditions like sororities and
                              fraternities and not er British ones, like spending the weekend consuming vast
                              quantities of cheap booze in the student union bar lol... so Im not going
                              to relieve my youth over and over then lol. And just in case anyone is
                              worried about my past snort.. my two best drinking companions were studying
                              theology and went on to be very respectable Church of England vicars lol... tries
                              to imagine me as a Vicar's wife and fails miserably.

                              Back to reading.. and looking forward to Christmas, this is the time of
                              year when I get out those books I love to re-read once a year and snuggle up by
                              the fire with the smell of Christmas tree wafting around .. so Lord of the
                              Rings, and NR and err Harry Potter then.

                            • MINAKO@telefonica.net
                              Message 14 of 18 , Dec 6, 2004
                                Minnnnnako deshita

                                Message 15 of 18 , Dec 6, 2004

                                  > Ah why not have a few more, Im trying to get Paul kidnapped at the
                                  > moment by
                                  > aliens so he can get pregnant with a little half alien green
                                  > sprog... lol.
                                  If you manage it tell me how. I almost killed a sim after trying it
                                  night after night after night.
                                  He's with another male but I like a lot his looks. I absolutly want his
                                  genes to go on but he's not whohoo-inclined and I don't want to force
                                  him to cheat. :( I wanted him pregnant... but it's impossible. I tried
                                  the 2 telescopes avalaible and even wiothout telescope... :(

                                  > Helen

                                  Ah.. it is a rare event grrr, but you have to use the expensive telescope
                                  and hope, or there's a patch out there on one of the fan sites to improve
                                  one's chances. _www.snootysims.com_ (http://www.snootysims.com) However I
                                  couldnt dl it when I tried.

                                  Beware though, fan made patches are generally fairly trouble free, though
                                  there have been exceptions, but must always be removed before installing
                                  official patches or expansions. Always back up the user data files before
                                  installing one too.