Re: [Flewelling] Nanowrimo

  • Tanta Green
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2004
      Yeap. This list introduced me to nanowrimo last year. I'm still surprised that I actually made the 50000 words last year. Even more surprised that I'm willing to go through all of that again this year. I've signed myself in, and plan to start writing some time this afternoon. My goal for this year is to create something that's not only 50000 words long, but that will eventually get edited and become something approaching readible. N.B. That did not happen last year. Last year I was so sick of my novel by the end that I reached the 50000 words and then just stopped. I haven't gone back to that story since. Maybe I will this year however.

      adrienne10_99 <lists@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      I'm an irregular poster to the list. I know a lot of people on this
      list write. In case you haven't heard of it, Nanowrimo is a group of
      people who take the month of November to write a novel from scratch.
      A novel is defined by the administrators of Nanowrimo to be 50,000
      words by the word count feature on your word processors. By
      publishing requirements, a novel is 40,000 manuscript words. Anyway,
      I found last year that Nano really helped revive my interest in
      writing and get me going again. I can't participate this year as
      graduate school is keeping me rather busy. But, I want to do my part
      for promoting it. I loved the online resources and the group of
      people I met last year. If anybody else has ever participated in
      Nanowrimo, please chime in!

      http://www.nanowrimo.org/

      Enjoy!

      Adrienne

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Tanta Green - the world's most evilful hobbit.

      "All the power in the world is nothing if not guided by love." - Piccolo

    • Andrea Chavez
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
        OK Claudia

        I'm in -- I just signed up. We'll see what we can
        do!! No boundarys, just WRITE!

        Andrea (screen name Adriana)
        --- claudia wohlfeil <candwwohlfeil@...> wrote:

        > I think Andrea and I are going to do this this
        > year....aren't we Andrea?!! We talked about it a
        > few weeks ago....I need a deadline to get me off my
        > rear end and write.
        >
        > Claudia
        >
        > magicalbookworm <magicalbookworm@...> wrote:
        >

        > Joined up at nanowrimo.org last year :)
        >
        > It's great! I can't wait until the first so i can
        > start writing!
        > there will be a bunch of people over at
        > www.fmwriters.com chat room
        > waiting for midnight to hit in their time zones so
        > they can start
        > writing also.
        > Glad you posted this!
        >
        > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "adrienne10_99"
        >
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > I'm an irregular poster to the list. I know a lot
        > of people on
        > this
        > > list write. In case you haven't heard of it,
        > Nanowrimo is a group
        > of
        > > people who take the month of November to write a
        > novel from
        > scratch.
        > > A novel is defined by the administrators of
        > Nanowrimo to be 50,000
        > > words by the word count feature on your word
        > processors. By
        > > publishing requirements, a novel is 40,000
        > manuscript words.
        > Anyway,
        > > I found last year that Nano really helped revive
        > my interest in
        > > writing and get me going again. I can't
        > participate this year as
        > > graduate school is keeping me rather busy. But, I
        > want to do my
        > part
        > > for promoting it. I loved the online resources and
        > the group of
        > > people I met last year. If anybody else has ever
        > participated in
        > > Nanowrimo, please chime in!
        > >
        > > http://www.nanowrimo.org/
        > >
        > > Enjoy!
        > >
        > > Adrienne
        >

        > Lynn's official web-site -
        > www.sff.net/people/Lynn.Flewelling

        > URL to this page:

        > removed]

        =====
        Andrea C

        "I always pass on good advice,
        It's the only thing to do with it" --Oscar Wilde

        Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
        www.yahoo.com
      • claudia wohlfeil
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
          Okay....I joined too....I even added my picture! What!! I must be crazy!

          Claudia

          =====

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
            Egads....sorry everybody....I meant this to go to Andrea only, not the whole list. Sorry

            Claudia

            =====
            Andrea C

            "I always pass on good advice,
            It's the only thing to do with it" --Oscar Wilde

            Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
            www.yahoo.com

          • Adrienne Rose (Rie Sheridan)
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 3, 2004
              I've been behind on posts again, but not on my NaNoWriMo
              novel. :)

              As I did last year, I am posting my daily chapters on my
              website. If any one is interested, check out my "Mutiny on
              the Moonbeam" here:
              http://www.riewriter.com/NaNoWriMo2004.htm and feel free to
              send comments. :)

              Rie Sheridan Rose

              --- magicalbookworm <magicalbookworm@...> wrote:

              > Joined up at nanowrimo.org last year :)
              >
              > It's great! I can't wait until the first so i can start
              > writing!

              =====

              Rie Sheridan Rose -- the Bardabee Poet

              Visit http://www.riewriter.com and drop by
              http://www.rogers-vincenthomeforwaywardspirits.info
              The Rogers-Vincent Home for Wayward Spirits