Re: [Flewelling] need a second opinion... on RJ WOT

  • Paula Lieberman
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2004
      From: "rebecca_neris" <rebecca_neris@...>

      > Has anyone here read Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time"???
      >
      > the whole thing I mean... the reason I ask is because I'm still on
      > book 6 and I have a long way to go still; but its kinda dragging. I
      > love the storyline, the plot, the whole concept of this saga but I
      > cannot stand how much he drags to get to his point... I need an

      It's not clear how many more books there are going to be (series like that
      one, few authors ever accurately predict when the end will be in both number
      of books, and in when they'll finish the last book), or if he'll live to
      complete it, even. He'll probably I expect finish it before he dies, but
      there are series which the authors died first, or the publishers stopped
      publishing, or which tailed off into drivel.

      > opinion to see if I should or not finish them... of course he,
      > himself, hasn't finished but you know what I mean...
      >
      > can't wait till book three comes out! They should make a law that
      > unless the whole thing is written it can't be published.. I hate

      Few things would get published then. If a series doesn't sell or sales
      tank, the publishers tend to drop it, regardless that it's not finished. I
      don;t think that that will happen with the Wheel of Time, its got really
      good sales figures. But series drag out is a different issue. I've gotten
      bored by the H*n*r H*rr*ngt*n books by David Weber which have bogged down
      into sludgey expository lumps on the one hand and boring non-action stuff on
      the other, with forward progression and pacing making a sloth look speedy.