Re: [Flewelling] weird question

  • Miraphora
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 13, 2004
      Yay. Alright, did some research. natriumcarbonat is
      the German translation of sodium bicarbonate, which is
      an ingredient of both baking soda and powder. The
      difference is that soda is combined with acidic
      ingredients to facilitate rising. Powder has cream of
      tartar in it--therefore it already has the acidic
      agent included. Now, as to *why* only soda is
      available in Germany, I have no idea. Perhaps, in
      Germany one buys cream of tartar separately when
      baking?

      and...ye gods, I must be bored. I don't even *like*
      to cook. Hope I helped some.

      ~Mira

      =====
      ~ Mira

      we wanted to build a strong nest
      with our hands, without hurt or harm or speech
      but love was not like that: love was a lunatic city
      with crowds of people blanching on their porches
      ~ Pablo Neruda

      "The white space is part of the picture."
      ~ Diana Gabaldon

      Fic-journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/aida_elysium
      LJ: http://www.livejournal.com/users/miraphora

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail