Hi, everyone!

  • Esmira
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 18, 2004
      Hello.

      I just joined the list a couple days ago. I'm usually
      a shy lurker in mailing lists, but what the heck...

      I just read the Nightrunner series a week ago, and oh
      my goodness, I can't remember the last time I've loved
      any books so much! They literally made me laugh and
      cry in various parts. I'm already bouncing in
      anticipation of a fourth one! I discovered the books
      in my search for fantasy with gay characters that
      weren't all... angsty about their orientation.
      Needless to say, NR was perfect. I adore the
      characters!

      Actually... strangely enough, the characters were
      eerily familiar (Two adverbs in one sentence! My
      writing professors would kill me!). One of my good
      friends and I have been writing a story together via
      email for over a year now, and some of the main
      characters in NR are *very* much like some of our own
      main characters. Alec is so much like my character Fey
      it's almost scary! If anyone's curious, I can go into
      more detail on our story.

      I love all the fanart I've been seeing! Boy do I wish
      I could draw. The pic of Seregil oraculofdelphi drew
      is so gorgeous, I made a wallpaper with it for my
      desktop so I can look at it all the time! Anyone know
      what happened to that person? I tried emailing them,
      but my email came back, undeliverable.

      Anyway, here's a few little things the books make me
      ponder on. If they've already been mentioned, I
      apologize, this list has way too many messages to read
      them all!

      For some reason, I really want to know this... if
      tal�menios is the term for a male couple, what would a
      female, or male/female couple be called?

      Does anyone know of a pronunciation guide for some of
      the words in NR? I'm so terrible with pronunciation.
      The only languages I'm familiar with are English and
      Japanese, anything else gives me grief! Especially all
      the words with letters that have dots and slashes and
      such over them.

      That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm looking
      forward to seeing what fun this list brings!

      Sithjester

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 19, 2004
        Welcome to the list :D

        > For some reason, I really want to know this... if
        > talímenios is the term for a male couple, what would a
        > female, or male/female couple be called?

        we had a discussion about that not that long ago..so feel
        free to skim through the archive....don't wanna repeat
        everything that's been said...must be like a month back or so

        > Does anyone know of a pronunciation guide for some of
        > the words in NR? I'm so terrible with pronunciation.
        > The only languages I'm familiar with are English and
        > Japanese, anything else gives me grief! Especially all
        > the words with letters that have dots and slashes and
        > such over them.

        Lynn once posted a glosary, but i am afraid thas was not
        about pronunciation. Since u've been not the only person
        around wondering how certain names are pronounced
        there are yet again a million posts about that...but they are
        scattered all over the archive ;-)
        but maybe i am missing something and it does actually exist ^_^;;

        (btw i just realized that u spell it pronUnciation, but to pronOUnce
        i hate english :P)

        hope that was at least a bit of help

        noerml ;-)
      • Firesong
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 19, 2004
          LOL, the fact that there are some words that DO have different
          pronUnciations in american and british english doesn't make it any
          easier. I always thought that pronunciation was one of those words.

          On Montag, Jul 19, 2004, at 09:50 Europe/Berlin, noerml wrote:

          > (btw i just realized that u spell it pronUnciation, but to pronOUnce
          > i hate english :P)
        • Purchase Family
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 19, 2004
            Don't you SAY pronUnciation too? Not pronOUnciation?

            LOL, the fact that there are some words that DO have different
            pronUnciations in american and british english doesn't make it any
            easier. I always thought that pronunciation was one of those words.

            On Montag, Jul 19, 2004, at 09:50 Europe/Berlin, noerml wrote:

            > (btw i just realized that u spell it pronUnciation, but to pronOUnce
            > i hate english :P)

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 22, 2004
              --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Purchase Family" <purchase@n...>
              wrote:
              > Don't you SAY pronUnciation too? Not pronOUnciation?

              erm...yes?...what did i say? *g* :P

              noerml - rambling something about ppl who don't read his posts
              correctly *grin*
            • Nigel
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 22, 2004
                --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "noerml" <noerml@u...> wrote:
                > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Purchase Family"
                <purchase@n...>
                > wrote:
                > > Don't you SAY pronUnciation too? Not pronOUnciation?
                > >
                > erm...yes?...what did i say? *g* :P
                >
                > noerml - rambling something about ppl who don't read his posts
                > correctly *grin*

                I get 100 emails a day <g>. Sorry.

                Nigel