OT:Thank you and Attn:Miss Flewelling

  • wessyx
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 12, 2004
      Thank you to all that answered my anime question.

      Miss Flewelling
      You are a fount of info. I may have been remiss in
      saying this, but it is wonderful to be part of a group
      where an author corresponds with the members. Do you
      attend bookfairs or conventions?

      Goes back to lurker mode.;)

      W.

      http://messenger.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 12, 2004
        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, wessyx <wessyx@y...> wrote:
        > Thank you to all that answered my anime question.
        >
        > Miss Flewelling
        > You are a fount of info. I may have been remiss in
        > saying this, but it is wonderful to be part of a group
        > where an author corresponds with the members. Do you
        > attend bookfairs or conventions?

        "I am a river to my people." LOL! I do attend some conventions. I always have
        a great time, but they're expensive (unless I'm Guest of Honor and my way's
        paid--"Will work for food", the writer's credo) and tend to throw my work
        schedule off, as I almost always come home exhausted. I'm planning to be at
        Dragon Con this fall. I don't have the details in front of me. Wendy?

        Best!
        Lynn
      • Howard Scott Warren
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 13, 2004
          Dragon con is a great convention in the South East. Though I preferred
          MOC-Con before it got ruined and ceased to exist. Here is a link for
          information if anyone is interested in more information.

          http://www.dragoncon.org/

          Howard
        • Laura J. Underwood
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 13, 2004
            In that case, you need to hie yourself over to the Yard Dog Press
            website and order one of their "Writer Ho" t-shirts.

            It reads "Yard Dog Press Writer-Ho" and under the picture of a dog
            in a straight jacket, it says, "Will Write For Money."

            I wear mine proudly, but then I am a member of the Feral
            Chihuahuas... *g*

            Laura J. Underwood

            --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lynn_flewelling"
            <otterdance2@a...> wrote:
            > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, wessyx <wessyx@y...> wrote:
            > > Thank you to all that answered my anime question.
            > >
            > > Miss Flewelling
            > > You are a fount of info. I may have been remiss in
            > > saying this, but it is wonderful to be part of a group
            > > where an author corresponds with the members. Do you
            > > attend bookfairs or conventions?
            >

            > "I am a river to my people." LOL! I do attend some conventions.
            I always have
            > a great time, but they're expensive (unless I'm Guest of Honor and
            my way's
            > paid--"Will work for food", the writer's credo) and tend to throw
            my work
            > schedule off, as I almost always come home exhausted. I'm planning
            to be at
            > Dragon Con this fall. I don't have the details in front of me.
            Wendy?

            > Best!
            > Lynn
          • Casiolite Leigh Floria
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 13, 2004
              ooooh! *dancy-dancy-dancy and just recently returned from an anime
              convention in Raleigh, NC* Make sure to keep us posted if you
              flutter about to another Con!!!!!!! I'll be sure to be there!

              <otterdance2@a...> wrote:
              > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, wessyx <wessyx@y...> wrote:
              > > Thank you to all that answered my anime question.
              > >
              > > Miss Flewelling
              > > You are a fount of info. I may have been remiss in
              > > saying this, but it is wonderful to be part of a group
              > > where an author corresponds with the members. Do you
              > > attend bookfairs or conventions?
              >

              > "I am a river to my people." LOL! I do attend some conventions.
              I always have
              > a great time, but they're expensive (unless I'm Guest of Honor and
              my way's
              > paid--"Will work for food", the writer's credo) and tend to throw
              my work
              > schedule off, as I almost always come home exhausted. I'm planning
              to be at
              > Dragon Con this fall. I don't have the details in front of me.
              Wendy?

              > Best!
              > Lynn
            • Wendy Darling
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 14, 2004
                Hi,

                I certainly second the admonition that people on this list should
                check out the Dragon*Con web site... and in particular the guest
                list. There's a familar name on it :)

                Wendy

                --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Howard Scott Warren <howard@s...>
                wrote:
                > Dragon con is a great convention in the South East. Though I
                preferred
                > MOC-Con before it got ruined and ceased to exist. Here is a link
                for
                > information if anyone is interested in more information.
                >
                > http://www.dragoncon.org/
                >
                > Howard
              • Wendy Darling
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 14, 2004
                  Hi all!

                  Well, it appears that I missed this response from Lynn. Not
                  surprising since I spent this past weekend manning a booth at a local
                  outdoor festival, but anyway, about DRAGON*CON.

                  Lynn has been invited to attend Dragon*Con as a guest of the Gothic
                  Journeys track and will also be participating in other Dragon*Con
                  activities like readings and so on. Gothic Journeys is a new track
                  directed by UK author Storm Constantine. I'm on the track staff and
                  heavily involved in the planning of the track, so when it came to
                  coming up with writers to participate in our programming -- which
                  covers fantasy, goth culture, writing, issues of sexuality in
                  writing, magic & the occult in literature, and other various &
                  sundry -- of course I put Lynn up for consideration. Happily she has
                  accepted.

                  Other confirmed guests of Gothic Journeys, besides Storm Constantine
                  obviously are writers Christopher Golden, Caitlin Kiernan, Neal
                  Robinson, and Bridgette Parker, and artist Anne Sudworth. In addition
                  we have several guests "pending" in committee -- including another
                  favorite author of mine (and Storm's), Jacqueline Carey. For more
                  info on Gothic Journeys, see
                  http://www.dragoncon.org/es_tracks_goth.htm or
                  http://www.discord.wox.org/gj/goth.html .

                  The convention, BTW, takes place Labor Day weekend here in Atlanta,
                  Georgia. For more information, see www.dragoncon.org.

                  Wendy

                  <otterdance2@a...> wrote:

                  > "I am a river to my people." LOL! I do attend some conventions. I
                  always have
                  > a great time, but they're expensive (unless I'm Guest of Honor and
                  my way's
                  > paid--"Will work for food", the writer's credo) and tend to throw
                  my work
                  > schedule off, as I almost always come home exhausted. I'm planning
                  to be at
                  > Dragon Con this fall. I don't have the details in front of me.
                  Wendy?

                  > Best!
                  > Lynn
                • Adrienne Rose (Rie Sheridan)
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 14, 2004
                    Although I still haven't given up hope that I might see MY name on it (alright...I ALMOST have, but it is still before the deadline for packets, and mine has been in for weeks...) I was DEFINITELY pumped to see Lynn's, and I am trying to figure out a way to get there if I have to hitchhike!

                    Rie

                    wrote:
                    > Dragon con is a great convention in the South East. Though I
                    preferred
                    > MOC-Con before it got ruined and ceased to exist. Here is a link
                    for
                    > information if anyone is interested in more information.
                    >
                    > http://www.dragoncon.org/
                    >
                    > Howard

                    The Flewelling List Chat room can be accessed via the list webpage at Yahoo. Click on chat in the menu on the left.
                    Regular chat times Saturday 8pm GMT. Friday 9pm EST.

                    Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                    Rie Sheridan Rose -- the Bardabee Poet

                    Visit me at http://www.riewriter.com
                    Published with LTD, Echelon, SunnySide Up, Mundania, Double Dragon
                    Proud Dawnstar Books Affiliate--your book marketing plan starts here!

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 14, 2004
                      --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Adrienne Rose \(Rie Sheridan\)" <
                      riewrites1@y...> wrote:
                      > Although I still haven't given up hope that I might see MY name on it
                      (alright...I ALMOST have, but it is still before the deadline for packets, and
                      mine has been in for weeks...) I was DEFINITELY pumped to see Lynn's, and I
                      am trying to figure out a way to get there if I have to hitchhike!

                      Cool! Hope to see you there!