Re: [Flewelling] Re: Nightrunner musings

    Message 1 of 32 , Apr 7, 2004
      otterdance2@... writes:

      > If I ever get 'round to taking you to
      > Plenimar (and that's a possibility) I assure you I will do one of my
      > patented
      > Lynn Flewelling turnarounds and show you the average citizens in a better
      > light.

      Oooh. Files it under Lynn's hints for the future :-). You know I could
      really see that. Along with my desire to see Alec and Seregil suffer emotionally
      a bit. Going completely away from the point here, but I do love relationships
      with loads of angst, I could see them being split up by some terrible
      misunderstanding, suffering, then clawing their way back to being together again.
      I'm not such a sadist I'd like to split them up for ever.

      Ok H goes off to hide before the rain of tomatoes hits her lol.

    • Wendy Darling
      Message 32 of 32 , Apr 13, 2004
        Hi,

        I read the sequel as soon as I'd finished The Chosen and I must say,
        in some ways I enjoyed it even more. The Standing Dead is a lot
        more "human," meaning more characters to actually care about, more
        real feeling, and there's also a lot more plot (as opposed to The
        Chosen's plot of a long, horrible journey which a kicker of an
        ending). The two books are really part of one big book, which will be
        completed with the final book, so it's not a trilogy, but more like
        LotR -- big book divided up into 3.

        Wendy

        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Karin " <OnyxSoul@g...> wrote:
        > Hey Ann,
        > I'm currently reading *the Chosen* and I got it from amazon. I'm
        really
        > enjoying it. There's also a sequel to it, but I have to say that
        the reviews for
        > this one aren't as good. Hm I should say that I got the book from
        German
        > amazon, but I think they import English books, anyway, so it
        shouldn't be a
        > problem to get it from amazon somewhere else. Happy reading!
        >
        > > >Ricardo Pinto's book The Chosen
        > >
        > > About that: where would one *find* that book? I've heard a TON
        of good
        > > reviews for it, but I can't find it anywhere. (When you can't
        find a book
        > > in Barnes and Noble at the Mall of America, you have a problem.)
        > > checked
        > > the action, fantasy, sci-fi, and novel sections, but no book.
        Where do