Re: Need a native speaker ;-)

    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 5, 2004

      > Well, it doesn't necessarily convey that the person
      dies "because" the
      > neverending winter ends (which is a contradiction in itself - how
      can a
      > "neverending" winter come to an end, if it's neverending?)

      well..i meant IF it would end then... ;-)

      > Aren't you trying to say "flickering?" In and out of existence
      would be
      > "flickering" like in "the lights flickered." "Fickle" denotes
      something
      > that would be inconsistent, volatile, changeable and unreliable.
      Like in
      > "the weather in autumn is fickle." "Flutter" means moving in quick
      > movements, like a bird fluttering from tree to tree but if you'd
      use it as a
      > noun among British, flutter means a small bet, like "I have a
      flutter on two
      > horses."

      yah yah..i know flickering...but see i don't mean in AND out AND in
      and out again.
      I need a word for...not quite in...but always out ...

      Arghs hard to decribe. Let's see... Uh..i sometimes start a letter
      to a person... but that letter is never sent to that person, cuz i
      considered it as crap, out of whatever reason.

      So the idea of a letter comes to me....the letter is written, but
      never sent, so never finished.... and for that i need a single
      word ;-)

      noerml

      PS: the title is a different one ;-)
    • nightwwolf
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 5, 2004
        Urrr, I'm sorry if I'm being a little slow here, but what exactly
        does Seregil have to do with bricks? Could some kind soul enlighten
        me?

        Forgive my density, I have yet to read the first two books.

        ~wwolf

        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Emy"
        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 5, 2004
          --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "nightwwolf" <chanmier@s...>
          wrote:
          > Urrr, I'm sorry if I'm being a little slow here, but what exactly
          > does Seregil have to do with bricks? Could some kind soul
          enlighten
          > me?
          >
          > Forgive my density, I have yet to read the first two books.
          ´

          If u read Traitors Moon u might have gotten some glimps of the fact
          that magic has some odd effects on Seregil, at any rate mostly not
          the desired effect.
          At one point in Book 1 Seregil talks about his failed apprenticeship
          as a magican and that once one of Seregil's spell fails and turned
          him into a brick.
          that's basically the idea behind those pictures,if i am not totally
          wrong ;-)

          noerml
        • Adrienne Rose (Rie Sheridan)
          Message 4 of 21 , Feb 5, 2004
            I have extra copies for just the opportunity to pass them along to other possible NightRunners. Drop me a line off list, and I'll send them to you if you send postage. :)

            Rie

            nightwwolf <chanmier@...> wrote:
            Urrr, I'm sorry if I'm being a little slow here, but what exactly
            does Seregil have to do with bricks? Could some kind soul enlighten
            me?

            Forgive my density, I have yet to read the first two books.

            ~wwolf

            --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Emy"
            <thegreatandpowerfuledward@y...> wrote:
            > Everyone go check out the new file I just posted!
            > ^o^
            > *insert evil laughter here*
            > Don't worry though, there's a simple explanation for this...
            > 1) I have no life.
            > 2) I'm really quite cruel.
            > 3) No one who knows me would expect otherwise.
            > Have fu~un!
            > ~Emy

            The Flewelling List Chat room can be accessed via the list webpage at Yahoo. Click on chat in the menu on the left.
            Regular chat times Saturday 8pm GMT. Friday 9pm EST.

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Visit me at http://www.riewriter.com
            Want fame? Check out the Game to Fame!
            http://gametofame.net/profiles.asp?quserid=RieSheridan
            EPPIE 2004 Finalists: STRAYING FROM THE PATH; THE RIGHT HAND OF VELACHAZ
            Proud Dawnstar Books Affiliate--your book marketing plan starts here!

          • Adrienne Rose (Rie Sheridan)
            Message 5 of 21 , Feb 5, 2004

              Message 6 of 21 , Feb 5, 2004
                sorry this posted twice...may be time to reboot my computer...yahoo is acting up...

                "Adrienne Rose (Rie Sheridan)" <riewrites1@...> wrote:I have extra copies for just the opportunity to pass them along to other possible NightRunners. Drop me a line off list, and I'll send them to you if you send postage. :)

                Rie

                Message 7 of 21 , Feb 5, 2004
                  Phased out? Sort of...

                • Emy
                  Message 8 of 21 , Feb 5, 2004
                    --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "noerml" <noerml@u...> wrote:
                    > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "nightwwolf" <chanmier@s...>
                    > wrote:
                    > > Urrr, I'm sorry if I'm being a little slow here, but what exactly
                    > > does Seregil have to do with bricks? Could some kind soul
                    > enlighten
                    > > me?
                    > >
                    > > Forgive my density, I have yet to read the first two books.
                    > ´
                    >
                    > If u read Traitors Moon u might have gotten some glimps of the fact
                    > that magic has some odd effects on Seregil, at any rate mostly not
                    > the desired effect.
                    > At one point in Book 1 Seregil talks about his failed
                    apprenticeship
                    > as a magican and that once one of Seregil's spell fails and turned
                    > him into a brick.
                    > that's basically the idea behind those pictures,if i am not totally
                    > wrong ;-)
                    >
                    > noerml

                    Yaaay! I'm glad I'm not the only one who found it amusing =^.^= And
                    there's more pictures coming from me pretty soon, only...real ones
                    *blink*. I've been drawing Seregil (in his human form) nonstop since
                    I finished the books but haven't gotten around to actually scanning
                    and posting them! Soon, though... erm, hopefully...
                    ~Emy
                  • Gorsch
                    Message 9 of 21 , Feb 5, 2004
                      Wavering, teetering, and faltering come to mind.
                      Arghs hard to decribe. Let's see... Uh..i sometimes start a letter
                      to a person... but that letter is never sent to that person, cuz i
                      considered it as crap, out of whatever reason.

                      So the idea of a letter comes to me....the letter is written, but
                      never sent, so never finished.... and for that i need a single
                      word ;-)

                      noerml

                      PS: the title is a different one ;-)

                      The Flewelling List Chat room can be accessed via the list webpage at Yahoo. Click on chat in the menu on the left.
                      Regular chat times Saturday 8pm GMT. Friday 9pm EST.

                    • Mercury Demosthenes
                      Message 10 of 21 , Feb 5, 2004
                        So basically unfinished?
                        Incomplete, uncompleted, fragmentary, partial,
                        ongoing, deficient, disconnected, disengaged
                        Alot could be used there. If you ment flickering, than
                        waxing and waning would work.
                        how do you want to use this word? In what context?

                        --- noerml <noerml@...> wrote:

                        > > Well, it doesn't necessarily convey that the
                        > person
                        > dies "because" the
                        > > neverending winter ends (which is a contradiction
                        > in itself - how
                        > can a
                        > > "neverending" winter come to an end, if it's
                        > neverending?)
                        >
                        > well..i meant IF it would end then... ;-)
                        >
                        > > Aren't you trying to say "flickering?" In and
                        > out of existence
                        > would be
                        > > "flickering" like in "the lights flickered."
                        > "Fickle" denotes
                        > something
                        > > that would be inconsistent, volatile, changeable
                        > and unreliable.
                        > Like in
                        > > "the weather in autumn is fickle." "Flutter"
                        > means moving in quick
                        > > movements, like a bird fluttering from tree to
                        > tree but if you'd
                        > use it as a
                        > > noun among British, flutter means a small bet,
                        > like "I have a
                        > flutter on two
                        > > horses."
                        >
                        > yah yah..i know flickering...but see i don't mean in
                        > AND out AND in
                        > and out again.
                        > I need a word for...not quite in...but always out
                        >
                        > Arghs hard to decribe. Let's see... Uh..i sometimes
                        > start a letter
                        > to a person... but that letter is never sent to that
                        > person, cuz i
                        > considered it as crap, out of whatever reason.
                        >
                        > So the idea of a letter comes to me....the letter is
                        > written, but
                        > never sent, so never finished.... and for that i
                        > need a single
                        > word ;-)
                        >
                        > noerml
                        >
                        > PS: the title is a different one ;-)

                        =====
                        It puts the loiton in the basket.

                        http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
                        Message 11 of 21 , Feb 6, 2004
                          blah... ;-)

                          The title of the poem is either "Letters for my broken hear"t or
                          "letters to my broken heart" (tho i prefer the latter)

                          so it would basically be:

                          letters to my broken heart
                          blablbalba on the brink of their existance

                          /spam off ;-)

                          noerml

                        • penelope_crampton
                          Message 12 of 21 , Feb 7, 2004
                            Hello---
                            I've been a lurker for who knows how long---'
                            but i couldn't pass up helping you out, since i have written poetry
                            forever.

                            "'letters to my broken heart
                            (hovering) on the brink of their existence . . .'"

                            Or 'balancing'

                            Or 'dancing' ????

                            Oh, yes, I have read the NR series and am just now beginning
                            the Tamir books----(Lynn Flewelling, you are one H---- of a story
                            teller, Seregil and Alec are priceless...)

                            Do these words help at all?

                            Yours---Penny X)~