Re: [Flewelling] Troy, anyone

    Message 1 of 43 , Feb 1, 2004
      well there's soon a movie with Brad Pit, Orlando Bloom..and uh...dunno....whom else due...

      called Troj... seen the trailers at the cinema.... :)

      as for books i read the Ilias ;-)

      noerml - going to think about it

      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 12, 2004
        tanta_green@... writes:

        > I've read McCullough's book as well, not too long ago. From what I can
        > remember the story is told from the perspective of different characters. The
        > gods don't play that much of a part. A character occasionally mentions the
        > gods if they believe in them, but there aren't any actual appearances that I can
        > remember. It tends to focus more on the human/warrior side of things. I
        > hope that helps.
        >
        > Anja Arendt <Firesong@...> wrote:I am trying to get the gist of the story
        > from the online reviews....but
        > I can't figure out if McCullough had any god-mortal interplay in her
        > novel. Do you remember enough of the book to answer that question?
        >
        > Fire

        It's some time since I read it, it's in one of my cupboards somewhere, but I
        think it's told pretty much as if it were a standard historical drama, more
        fact and less mythology.