Happy New Year and Thank You

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2003
      Thanks first for the lovely (and huge!) gold box of Italian chocolates I received
      courtesy of Helen Brown et al! Weight Watchers is my new year's resolution, but their
      new system allows me to ration myself a treat now and then, so they should last me
      some time! Yum! Perhaps I'll use them as an "every 5000 words I write" reward?

      Our new year's eve plans are fluid. I'm always so exhausted by this time of year it's
      hard to get in gear to clean or invite, but I think I'll have a few friends over for a
      sacrificial bonfire. We often do that; throw things symbolic of things we're happy to
      leave behind in the old year in to burn. I'll be tossing in a copy of my accident report.
      And we'll eat some Hoppin' John for luck. :-)

      Hope you all have a fun, safe evening as we bid farewell to 2003.

      640 members here? Wow!
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 2003
        otterdance2@... writes:

        > Thanks first for the lovely (and huge!) gold box of Italian chocolates I
        > received
        > courtesy of Helen Brown et al! Weight Watchers is my new year's resolution,
        > but their
        > new system allows me to ration myself a treat now and then, so they should
        > last me
        > some time! Yum! Perhaps I'll use them as an "every 5000 words I write"
        > reward?

        Good Idea :-)

        Glad you liked your Christmas offering from the List ... and can I join you
        in Weightwatchers lol.

        > Our new year's eve plans are fluid. I'm always so exhausted by this time of
        > year it's
        > hard to get in gear to clean or invite, but I think I'll have a few friends
        > over for a
        > sacrificial bonfire. We often do that; throw things symbolic of things we're
        > happy to
        > leave behind in the old year in to burn. I'll be tossing in a copy of my
        > accident report.
        > And we'll eat some Hoppin' John for luck. :-)
        >
        > Hope you all have a fun, safe evening as we bid farewell to 2003.
        >
        > 640 members here? Wow!

        Yep 641 now I think, we had someone else join today :-)

        Have a lovely New Year everyone, list mom is going to stay in and watch tv,
        have a drink or several and listen to Big Ben chiming at midnight on the tv,
        followed by the sound of bombs err fireworks going off outside no doubt. First
        time my neighbours did it the house shook and I jumped out of my skin but I
        know it's going to happen now lol.

        We had some snow yesterday, a pathetic dusting which soon melted but at least
        it's now seasonably cold.

      • Trevor
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2004
          For New Year's I went to my great aunt's house... we played
          boardgames and the such until midnight, and then we got out a bunch
          of noisemakers and champagne. We made a bunch of noise for about five
          minutes but then when we went back to the dining table, my aunt's
          little dog was shaking! She was so afraid, it was really sad. But
          she's okay.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2004
            --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Trevor" <trevor7744@y...> wrote:
            > For New Year's I went to my great aunt's house... we played
            > boardgames and the such until midnight, and then we got out a bunch
            > of noisemakers and champagne. We made a bunch of noise for about five
            > minutes but then when we went back to the dining table, my aunt's
            > little dog was shaking! She was so afraid, it was really sad. But
            > she's okay.

            Sounds like our 4th of July. We traumatized our dogs with fireworks.