rereading TM and related rambelings

  • whishastar
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 29, 2003
      Well, i've been taking advantage of thanksgiving break and have been
      relaxing. Most of this relaxing has included making my way through TM
      again (for the 6th time) taking my time and just enjoying it.
      Errm...well, i suppose i should include spoiler space because some
      people here have been mentioning just reading SD and such....so:

      I just finished the part where Alec and Seregil go visit the
      rhui'auros together. I was reminded of all the things that bug me
      about the chapter (only because i want to figure them out). Most of
      them are about Alec.

      One thing i just discovered this time was the part in alec's 2nd
      vision and he asked what clan he was...the response was a whole bunch
      of vagueness followed by "what do you hold"...alec had the Akhendi
      bracelet with the blackened charm and a bloodstained sen'gai....what
      i was wondering is if these are clues meant to answer his question.
      If that's the case my interpretation would be that he's got Akhendi
      and Haman in him (the charm came from an Akhendi and is black because
      of a Haman) and some other tribe (maybe bokthersa? no real reason for
      that one other than that's what i'd like to see)

      The thing that i've spent entirely too much time trying to figure out
      since the first time i've read it..."you will father a child of no
      woman".

      Then the other thing i was trying to figure out was what the glass
      ball thing that Seregil keeps seeing...i think that has been
      discussed here before, but i'm not sure. I've always wondered what
      that's supposed to mean (if anything).

      well, i think that's about it. There was more i think, but it was
      dinner just as i started to type this, so i lost my train of thought.
      Just my observations/confused anoyances. But that's ok, it gives me
      something to think about while waiting for the next book in the
      series.
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 30, 2003
        In a message dated 30/11/2003 10:09:37 GMT Standard Time, bickpl@...
        writes:

        > The thing that i've spent entirely too much time trying to figure out
        > since the first time i've read it..."you will father a child of no
        > woman".

        Excuse H here LOL. As I'm not being entirely serious ... Just dont
        want to give the Goddess heart failure ;-), although she probably knows her list
        mom is a bit mad by now lol.

        But how about Alec as father of Bambi ;-). You know that time he turned into
        a deer and fled the Plenimarians.. there could be a cute little Blond fawn
        wandering around Plenimar somewhere ...

        Or she could do a Mark Anthony sigh. I've just finished finally book 5 of
        The Last Rune thing in which Beltan and Travis still get no farther than a kiss
        or two sigh. But they are about to be parents grrrrr. Yes the book did
        follow the previous four and hit my wall lol. Sigh I swear that guy misread the
        bit about men thinking about sex five times a minute or every five minutes or
        whatever it is lol and thought it meant once every five books ;-).

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 30, 2003

          Well there may be bloodties...but see it from that side..the hadzadriel..
          however u write em again....they left Auren some 1000 or more years ago...
          that's even for those 'faie quite a long time.
          Also one has to question in how far those "exiles" kept to clan politics
          up in the mountains. meaning...they probably mingled their bloods so much
          in those 10 generations or whatever that to trace a certain clan might
          not make any sense?!

          >The thing that i've spent entirely too much time trying to figure out
          >since the first time i've read it..."you will father a child of no
          >woman".

          Well we all know....that u need a women to father a child...i take this as granted.... :)

          But there are certain possibilites...

          a) Seregil get's pregnant cuz..um....a god planted his seed in him...just like maria...
          hey X-mas is close...doesn't this put importance to this possiblity <chuckle>
          b) of course reading the Tamir books.....Tobin is female yet a man...*shrug*
          who knows...maybe something similar would be possible in Alec's and Seregil's
          time...i mean not for the two of them..but for a women.

          c) and now the most likely....see if u take a closer look at it....fathering a child
          always implies sexual contact....since i don't take Alec as the typical "whore around"
          guy that naturally would mean he'd fallen in love with someone....
          But hm..i don't quite believe that's what Lynn would ever do....cuz the love between
          Alec and Seregil is just...dunno too essential for the story.
          WHich only leaves one possiblity for me left... adoption or some sort of it...
          like one day he stumbles over a child and will be like a father to him?!

          about the glass orbs...i got no clue..but will give it a thought :D

          noerml

          PS: Helen ur' crazy :PPPP

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 30, 2003
            oh one thing i forgot...just thought about it while breakfasting... u can also father ideas!..inventions and that sort of things...

            noerml

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 30, 2003
              --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "whishastar" <bickpl@b...> wrote:
              > Well, i've been taking advantage of thanksgiving break and have been
              > relaxing. Most of this relaxing has included making my way through TM
              > again (for the 6th time) taking my time and just enjoying it.
              > Errm...well, i suppose i should include spoiler space because some
              > people here have been mentioning just reading SD and such....so:

              > I just finished the part where Alec and Seregil go visit the
              > rhui'auros together. I was reminded of all the things that bug me
              > about the chapter (only because i want to figure them out). Most of
              > them are about Alec.
              >

              > The thing that i've spent entirely too much time trying to figure out
              > since the first time i've read it..."you will father a child of no
              > woman".

              No comment. ;-)

              > Then the other thing i was trying to figure out was what the glass
              > ball thing that Seregil keeps seeing...i think that has been
              > discussed here before, but i'm not sure. I've always wondered what
              > that's supposed to mean (if anything).

              Those are entirely symbolic, a dream manifestation representation of the
              various issues and wounds Seregil carries with him. He's told repeatedly to
              sort them out and let go of those he doesn't need. This comes straight out of a
              dream I had years back.
            • whishastar
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 30, 2003
                --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lynn_flewelling"
                <otterdance2@a...> wrote:
                > > The thing that i've spent entirely too much time trying to
                figure out
                > > since the first time i've read it..."you will father a child of
                no
                > > woman".
                >
                > No comment. ;-)

                I figured as much...oh well, we'll find out eventually.

                > > Then the other thing i was trying to figure out was what the
                glass
                > > ball thing that Seregil keeps seeing...i think that has been
                > > discussed here before, but i'm not sure. I've always wondered
                what
                > > that's supposed to mean (if anything).
                >
                > Those are entirely symbolic, a dream manifestation representation
                of the
                > various issues and wounds Seregil carries with him. He's told
                repeatedly to
                > sort them out and let go of those he doesn't need. This comes
                straight out of a
                > dream I had years back.

                Ah yes...that's what it was. I remember now. One other thing i
                thought of after rereading the scene where Ulan holds his little
                meeting...Lynn always makes an effort to point out that Klia is the
                favorite of the people and would make a better queen than Phoria.
                All i can say is that it sometimes feels like she's planning on
                making Klia queen eventually. (or atleast i hope so *grins*)