Re: New poll for Flewelling

  • Caitlyn Washam
    Message 1 of 232 , Aug 5, 2003
      --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Tawariel" <tawariel@g...> wrote:

      > I like the "sex scenes" in the Nightrunner series so far. Sometimes
      the
      > voyeur in me wouldn't mind a little more graphic scenes, but the
      story can
      > live perfectly well without them.

      I'd like to add my thoughts in here. Honestly, consent is always
      important. However I can't really see Lynn writing graphic non-con
      scenes. So that's never really been an issue for me. (I know, I'm
      incoherent and my sentences are rather non-related, but sorry?) I
      also enjoyed the "sex scenes" in Nightrunner, if only because they
      were done in a humorous manner. Like with the balcony doors open in
      TM. The let you know what was going on without overwhelming.

      I'm turning 18 this Novemeber and would like to say that for the most
      part the books I've read since I was 13 or 14 have had sex scenes. It
      was never an attraction then, though it wasn't a deterent, either.
      Even Mercedes Lackey had a "sex scene" in The Last Herald Mage
      trilogy, first book.

      I think part of what really got me hooked on LitS was the fact that
      there really *wasn't* sex in it, or at least not much. (I'm in the
      process of rereading it...again. :-) ) I'd just finished Melanie
      Rawn's Exiles series (what's written of it, anyway. *is bitter*) and
      was looking for some fun. Who wouldn't want to read about spies and
      noblemen and a whole new world after dealing with rape and death and
      gore? I mean, I liked Rawn's books, I'm still waiting for book 3 to
      come out, but...yeah.

      And the scenes in the Tamir Trilogy are tastefully done. Lynn should
      keep writing as she wants to write and not change her style simply
      because everyone else is writing graphic sex! >_<

      Right. I'm leaving now.

      /incoherence.

      ~Cait
    • Flewelling@yahoogroups.com