Re: [Flewelling] Re: New Thero art

    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 6, 2003
      In a message dated 05/07/2003 14:30:14 GMT Daylight Time, leafmirror2@...
      writes:

      > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "leafmirror2" <leafmirror2@a...> wrote:
      > >Still on vacation here in wonderful Maine, and the brain is softened
      > >wonderfully. don't recall if I complemented the artist, but this is a great
      >
      > picture.
      > >Do forward me a jpeg for the Gallery at my webpage. We need more Thero
      > >art!
      > >
      > >Now I go back to resting the grey matter on the deck. ;-)
      > >
      > >Lynn
      >
      > PS, can anyone guess from the above mss. what I've been reading on
      > vacation? ;-)

      Errrr...

      A rough draft of a new NR novel involving lots of Thero.... Err sorry
      Goddess that was my wishful thinking ;-).

      Enjoy the break it sounds lovely..

    • Scott Rychnovsky
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 6, 2003
        >I put on my critical artistic cap and ...ummm, really,
        >it is lovely! I like the composition, the character,
        >the spell effect, even the beard! (I have a hard time
        >getting Thero in to a beard because I'm not personally
        >found of face hair....but Lynn said he is bearded
        >so..on it goes!)

        Andrea,

        Oh God, I am so devastated. I have a beard. Perhaps I will have to
        shave it off?

        On the other hand, I look nothing like Theo. I just don't have
        enough body hair for the part. I never resemble the wizards in
        fantasy books. I usually look more like the guys who take care of
        the horses, what are they called?

        Scott
        Scott Rychnovsky
        srychnov@...
      • JediJelly@aol.com
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 7, 2003
          srychnov@... writes:

          > Oh God, I am so devastated. I have a beard. Perhaps I will have to
          > shave it off?

          ^_^ I don't think it has to come to that, although Thero ends up shaving his
          later on in the series. Beards don't bother me, so long as they're trimmed and
          neat, and not "too much" (as though someone poured Miracle Grow on their
          face). Johnny Depp looks nice with a goatee ... and dreadlocks ^_^; ... well, he
          just makes a nice pirate.

          > On the other hand, I look nothing like Theo. I just don't have
          > enough body hair for the part. I never resemble the wizards in
          > fantasy books. I usually look more like the guys who take care of
          > the horses, what are they called?

          Erm ... no idea either. Jockies? (not the shorts) ... and I think you're just
          as likely to be a wizard as much as the next guy. I like the way Lynn
          describes her male characters--Arkoniel is well-known for having mucho body hair ...
          which, whether girls like it or not, is fairly natural occurance for most men.
          My friend's fiancee has a lot of body hair. She said at first it bothered
          her, but now she says it feels like she's hugging a big teddy bear (heh, Josh
          would kill me if he ever found out I posted this on a public mailing list). I
          don't care one way or another on the matter ...

          Oh yeah, and that's a nice Thero picture too ^_^ Maybe we can talk Lynn into
          us put together an artbook (don't take me too seriously on this tho') ...

          ~Heidi

          "The only reliable parts of American newspapers are horoscopes, weather
          forecasts, and economic outlooks, which are all consistently false."

          --Dave Barry, from Dave Barry's 'Bad Habits'

        • Andrea Chavez
          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 7, 2003

            > > Oh God, I am so devastated. I have a beard.
            > Perhaps I will have to
            > > shave it off?

            Oh dear....You KEEP that beard if it suits you. My
            last boyfriend (I won't even tell you how long ago
            THAT was) had a mustache...which I would usually not
            like, but he shaved it one day....damn, I couldn't
            WAIT for it to grow back! hahahahah

            Anyway....Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom look mighty
            fine in their little goatees......I might have to
            revise my thinking!

            I think you mean Grooms....people who take care of
            horses....didn't know beards were required!

            Andrea

            =====
            Andrea C

            "I always pass on good advice,
            It's the only thing to do with it" --Oscar Wilde

            http://sbc.yahoo.com
          • Adrienne Rose (Rie Sheridan)
            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 9, 2003
              --- Andrea Chavez <achavez47@...> wrote:
              > Anyway....Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom look mighty
              > fine in their little goatees......I might have to
              > revise my thinking!

              They sure did! Yumm... Just got back from the first showing
              at our local theater, and it was everything I expected.
              Lots of fun and not much thinking necessary. :) If you love
              adventure for the sheer hell of it, PIRATES OF THE
              CARIBBEAN is a real pleasure.

              Rie

              =====

              Adrienne Rose (writing as Rie Sheridan)

              Newsletter: RieNews-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
              Come visit me at http://www.riewriter.com
              Visit Fictionwise for The Blood That Binds
              Echelon Press for the Bruce and Roxanne stories
              THE RIGHT HAND OF VELACHAZ now available from LTD Books!

              http://sbc.yahoo.com
            • Andrea Chavez
              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 9, 2003

                > --- Andrea Chavez <achavez47@...> wrote:
                > > Anyway....Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom look
                > mighty
                > > fine in their little goatees......I might have to
                > > revise my thinking!
                > >
                > They sure did! Yumm... Just got back from the first
                > showing
                > at our local theater, and it was everything I
                > expected.
                > Lots of fun and not much thinking necessary. :) If
                > you love
                > adventure for the sheer hell of it, PIRATES OF THE
                > CARIBBEAN is a real pleasure.
                >
                > Rie

                Cool, thanks for the review Rie - -that is what I'm
                hoping for. I'm not looking for The Hours...just want
                to see some swashbuckling stereotypic FUN!

                AC

                =====

                Message 7 of 21 , Jul 9, 2003
                  You'll love it, Andrea. I can guarantee that. :)

                  --- Andrea Chavez <achavez47@...> wrote:
                  > Cool, thanks for the review Rie - -that is what I'm
                  > hoping for. I'm not looking for The Hours...just want
                  > to see some swashbuckling stereotypic FUN!

                  =====

                  Adrienne Rose (writing as Rie Sheridan)

                  Newsletter: RieNews-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                  Come visit me at http://www.riewriter.com
                  Visit Fictionwise for The Blood That Binds
                  Echelon Press for the Bruce and Roxanne stories
                  THE RIGHT HAND OF VELACHAZ now available from LTD Books!

                  http://sbc.yahoo.com
                • jjarbanas
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 9, 2003
                    --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Adrienne Rose \(Rie Sheridan\)"
                    <riewrites1@y...> wrote:

                    > You'll love it, Andrea. I can guarantee that. :)

                    Definitely. It's a hoot. Another thumbs up here.

                    Jill
                  • leafmirror2
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 11, 2003
                      Just saw Pirates of the Caribean. Three words.

                      Go
                      See
                      It!!!!!!

                      I went fully willing to check my brain at the door. Turns out, it was not
                      necessary! The reviewers clearly have no sense of what makes for great
                      fantasy. I thought the plot hung together admirably, and there are several
                      rather brillliant twists! Depp certainly steals the movie, but Bloom et all are
                      great as well, and I like Orlando MUCH better as a pirate than an elf. A young
                      Erol Flynn, he is.

                      This is clearly a Disney film, and fills out the usual cast of figures: handsome
                      young hero, plucky resourceful heroine, silly father, stiff suitor, colorful
                      asexual scalliwag, animal sidekick, menacing yet bumbling second banana
                      henchmen, etc. But it was done very well, with a dynamite cast, and best of
                      all---NO SAPPY LOVESONG bogging down the middle of the story. Also, no
                      cute preternaturally smart child hero. All grownups here.

                      The action is non stop, the effects are fantastic and clever, and the story is far
                      less plot holed than you'd expect. The fun more than makes up for any leaps
                      the viewer is required to make.

                      The bottom line: if you like my books, you'll probably really enjoy this movie.