Alec

  • agnes swart
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2000
      Just went by LF's page and checked the true Alec picks.

      Lynn, if you read this, that must have been one gentleman cat.

      remind me of Asimov, my parents cat, that made the great age of 21.
      when I was born, and back from the hospital, he and I shared the cradle.
      I used to sit by the window like a sphinx, and I thought he had mystical
      powers. Oh, okay. I though he was immmortal too.
      sometimes, I'd drag the other 2 cat's around, and then get the great idea of
      trying it at him, seing as he was the lightest...

      I'd near him and, I swear, he knew what I was intending.
      he'd just slowly turn his head around and look me straight in the eyes.

      I never, once, tried to drag him anywhere.

      AS.
    • S K
      Message 2 of 8 , May 9 8:41 AM
        Hi! I've been lurking for a few months and thought
        that I'd finally jump in briefly...

        This discussion about Alec and Seregil is pretty
        interesting reading. Personally, I always focused on
        Alec more, although I do like Seregil a lot. I think
        that a lot of the comments about Alec are correct. He
        does tend to keep his feelings to himself and he does
        seem to be the stronger (emotionally) of the two
        characters. I think that Traitor's Moon really showed
        me this. Alec is shown to be a grown-up. Just look at
        Beka's first reaction to seeing him near the beginning
        of the book. And, now that I think of it, Seregil's
        initial reaction to Alec's behaviour when Alec
        pretends to be the clingy, whiny lover later on in the
        plot. And Seregil's first reaction when Alec first
        shoves him up against the wall.

        Oh and about Heath Ledger? Love him, but can't see him
        for either character. He just looks too physically
        mature to me. But then again, I read in a newspaper
        article yesterday that he's only 21 years old!?!

        -SK

        http://auctions.yahoo.com/
      • leafmirror2
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 24, 2003
          Watched the new movie of "Nicholas Nickeby" last night. Great fun, btw.
          Charlie Hunnam (formerly of "Queer as Folk" fame--UK vers) would be a
          passable Alec, though he's getting a little old.
        • jjarbanas
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 24, 2003
            --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "leafmirror2" <leafmirror2@a...>
            wrote:

            > Watched the new movie of "Nicholas Nickeby" last night. Great fun,
            > btw. Charlie Hunnam (formerly of "Queer as Folk" fame--UK vers)
            > would be a passable Alec, though he's getting a little old.

            You're right about Charlie Hunnam. When the American (Canadian!) QAF
            first came out, I saw Alec in him right away. In fact, he's the one I
            was thinking of when I said the potential Alecs were too old. Now,
            all I can think of is the kid who played Simon on 7th Heaven -- David
            Gallagher. He's only 18, and still has a very innocent, naive look to
            him.

            Btw, was Nicholas Nickleby any good? I've been putting off renting it
            because it's a musical.

            Jill
          • leafmirror2
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 24, 2003
              --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "jjarbanas" <jjarbanas@y...> wrote:
              > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "leafmirror2" <leafmirror2@a...>
              > wrote:

              > Btw, was Nicholas Nickleby any good? I've been putting off renting it
              > because it's a musical.

              This one was not a musical, and it was excellent. Cast included:
              AlanCummings, Jim Broadbent, Dame Edna, Nathan Lane, Christopher
              Plummer.
            • jjarbanas
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 24, 2003
                wrote:

                > This one was not a musical, and it was excellent. Cast included:
                > AlanCummings, Jim Broadbent, Dame Edna, Nathan Lane, Christopher
                > Plummer.

                Not a musical? Really? That's great! Thanks for the tip.

                Jill
              • Ruby
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 28, 2003
                  wrote:
                  > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "leafmirror2"
                  <leafmirror2@a...>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > > Watched the new movie of "Nicholas Nickeby" last night. Great
                  fun,
                  > > btw. Charlie Hunnam (formerly of "Queer as Folk" fame--UK vers)
                  > > would be a passable Alec, though he's getting a little old.
                  >
                  > You're right about Charlie Hunnam. When the American (Canadian!)
                  QAF
                  > first came out, I saw Alec in him right away. In fact, he's the
                  one I
                  > was thinking of when I said the potential Alecs were too old. Now,
                  > all I can think of is the kid who played Simon on 7th Heaven --
                  David
                  > Gallagher. He's only 18, and still has a very innocent, naive look
                  > him.
                  >
                  > Btw, was Nicholas Nickleby any good? I've been putting off renting
                  it
                  > because it's a musical.
                  >
                  > Jill

                  That was one film I was dying to see, and it was being shown in the
                  cinema complex just two streets away from my apartment >< Of course,
                  none of my 'supporting' friends would come along ever since I booked
                  them the tickets for the wrong movie last week ^_^;; Now I'm back in
                  Kuwait, with only blockbuster movies being shown --;

                  Ruby
                • Andrea Chavez
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 29, 2003
                    FYI to all who want to see it. The lastest Version of
                    Nicholas Nickelby is very good. Lord knows it never
                    came
                    to THIS town, but my friend in Hollywood sent me a
                    copy on tape. (note to self...call said friend and
                    see if Pirates is out yet for review!) :-)

                    It takes a long story and stuffs it into the movie
                    format
                    but the characters are realized well, the actors do a
                    spiffy job (Alan Cumming...what a gem) and the
                    costumes are lovely....what more does one want in a
                    period piece

                    I might need to watch it again tonight.

                    Andrea

                    =====
                    Andrea C

                    "I always pass on good advice,
                    It's the only thing to do with it" --Oscar Wilde

                    http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com