Re: [Flewelling] Kalo Mina (Good Month)

  • agnes swart
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2000
      >Hi All;
      >
      >Totally off topic, but it's a Greek custom to wish everyone "Good Month" on
      >the first day of every month (and for that matter, every week, day and
      >year), a custom that only correlates in English to our "Have a good
      >weekend," which seems more like commiseration than genuine well-wishing.
      >And no, "McIntosh" isn't a Greek name, but I married into the tribe, as it
      >were. So ... Kalo Mina.
      >
      >WHHHHEEEEEEEHH!!

      good month, Kalo. (Kalo's allmost Greeck. Kalimera Kalo!!!)

      Agnes Swart
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2000
        And a Kalo Mina to you!

        Ended the last mina with a barbeque for the new friends and neighbors
        featuring grilled souvlakia, tdziki, tomato salata, together with good old
        fashioned strawberry rhubarb pie, raspberry pie, and apple pie. Typical
        Hellas meets Maine meal at casa Flewelling.

        Lynn
      • Andrea Chavez
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2000
          Kalo Mina all

          June??? Already??? man, I hate getting older because
          the days go by faster....weird.
          June should be a FAB month. In 19 days, I'm off to
          Africa for two weeks. Lions and Zebras and Dik-Dik's
          OH MY!! :-)

          Lynn -- your end of May BBQ sounds LOVELY! I
          remember going to Greece and thinking on the plane
          there. "Oh hell, what kind of food do they have? Am
          I going to starve??" NOPE!! Spanikopita, Triopita,
          Su---su...oh, hell that lamb kabob thing....yummy!! I
          didn't starve. Nor did my imagination, what a
          wonderful country.

          ta
          Andrea -- who has definate ideas of what the Cockrel
          looked like and is still mad Lynn burned it!! ;-)

          http://im.yahoo.com/
        • Jeff Johnson
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 4, 2000
            Ayuh, teach them New Yawkahs about strawberry rhubahhb pie.......

            I really must transplant some of Mom's rhubarb to my backyard here. God
            knows it's easy enough to grow, and I might teach some of the Massachusetts
            folk to like it also !

            Ended the last mina with a barbeque for the new friends and neighbors
            featuring grilled souvlakia, tdziki, tomato salata, together with good old
            fashioned strawberry rhubarb pie, raspberry pie, and apple pie. Typical
            Hellas meets Maine meal at casa Flewelling.

            Shortcut URL to this page:
            http://www.onelist.com/community/Flewelling