Hi everyone

  • dbakker@mailexcite.com
    Message 1 of 8 , May 9, 2000
      Hi everyone,

      I'm new to this list, so I'll introduce myself.
      My name is Daniëlla, I'm 24 and live in the Netherlands.

      I'm a really great fan of Fantasy (Goodkind, Brooks and of course Flewelling
      :) ). Since I'm practically the only one in my vicinity who reads english
      books, I find this a nice chance to talk with other people who read english
      fantasy.

      Unfortunally the Nightrunner series has not been translated in dutch, or I
      would be bullying everyone I know to read it. Lucky for them.
      I only convinced a colleage of mine(an absolute fantasy-hater)to read it
      (what can I say? I CAN be very persuasive when I want to). She actually
      finished all the three books a LIKED it. I think thats a sign for good
      written fantasy.

      By the way, I just read the excerpy of the Bone Doll and I really liked it!!
      To tell the truth, I feared I wouldn't like this skipping back 5 centuries,
      but it turned out well. The story really pulled me in again. I'm anxious for
      more. PLEASE??

      Anyway, time to stop blabbing. I hope my english is readable in any way.

      Bye for now,

      Daniëlla

    • Dan Callaghan
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 21, 2001
        Just a little note to say hi to everyone and that I've just joined the
        group.

        I came across Luck in the Shadows in my local library and decided to give it
        a go, and loved it. I've since finished Stalking Darkness and am well into
        Traitor's Moon.

        A question directed to Lynn (who seems to frequent this group): Are you
        planning on continuing the Nightrunner series? I did see the note at the
        start of the Traitor's Moon emphasising that the Nightrunner series is more
        than a trilogy, but you seem to have drifted on to other things (I'm
        thinking mainly of the Tamir Triad, which by the way I haven't started yet)
        ... so will we ever read more of Seregil and Alec?

        Please pardon me if this question has already been answered somewhere else
        and I'm missing it ...

        Dan
      • gielithnil
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 2007
          I'm new to this group and I just wanted to introduce myself^^
          I'm a French girl from Lyon (hence my horrible English...)and I've
          started reading Lynn's books 2 years ago when a friend recommended
          them. Since then I've been reading and re-reading the Nighrunner
          series and Tamir Triad over and over again waiting for new ones ^_^
          I know I'm not really original but I'd really like to thank you Lynn
          for all these incredible stories you've created and given to us.
          I can't wait to read more of them!

          I was really happy to find this group too, since few people around me
          can talk and read English, and none have read Lynn's books yet (the
          Tamir Triad has just started being printed in France), so I was
          feeling very lonely ^_^

          Well, then, I'll make my first small contribution to this group with a
          fanart of Seregil and Alec, I hope you'll like it!
          http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/61/seregilalec01oe1.jpg

          Good day to you all!!
        • toorukyoniimura
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 2, 2007
            woooow, that is really good! XD
            and hi!
            I don't post very often on this but, yokosou! (Japanese for welcome,
            I am currently in Japan hence the Japanese welcome. lol)

            -Jamie

            --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "gielithnil" <gielithnil@...>

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 2, 2007
              Bonjour et bienvenue,

              Your drawing is wonderful! May I hang a copy of it in my website gallery?

              Lynn

              --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "gielithnil" <gielithnil@...> wrote:

              > I'm new to this group and I just wanted to introduce myself^^
              > I'm a French girl from Lyon (hence my horrible English...)and I've
              > started reading Lynn's books 2 years ago when a friend recommended
              > them. Since then I've been reading and re-reading the Nighrunner
              > series and Tamir Triad over and over again waiting for new ones ^_^
              > I know I'm not really original but I'd really like to thank you Lynn
              > for all these incredible stories you've created and given to us.
              > I can't wait to read more of them!
              >
              > I was really happy to find this group too, since few people around me
              > can talk and read English, and none have read Lynn's books yet (the
              > Tamir Triad has just started being printed in France), so I was
              > feeling very lonely ^_^
              >
              > Well, then, I'll make my first small contribution to this group with a
              > fanart of Seregil and Alec, I hope you'll like it!
              > http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/61/seregilalec01oe1.jpg
              >
              > Good day to you all!!

            • gielithnil
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 2, 2007
                Yes of course! I'd be honored!
                I'm so glad you liked it !

                --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lynn_flewelling" <otterdance2@...>
                wrote:

                > Bonjour et bienvenue,
                >
                > Your drawing is wonderful! May I hang a copy of it in my website
                gallery?

                > Lynn
                >
                > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "gielithnil" <gielithnil@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I'm new to this group and I just wanted to introduce myself^^
                > > I'm a French girl from Lyon (hence my horrible English...)and I've
                > > started reading Lynn's books 2 years ago when a friend recommended
                > > them. Since then I've been reading and re-reading the Nighrunner
                > > series and Tamir Triad over and over again waiting for new ones ^_^
                > > I know I'm not really original but I'd really like to thank you Lynn
                > > for all these incredible stories you've created and given to us.
                > > I can't wait to read more of them!
                > >
                > > I was really happy to find this group too, since few people around me
                > > can talk and read English, and none have read Lynn's books yet (the
                > > Tamir Triad has just started being printed in France), so I was
                > > feeling very lonely ^_^
                > >
                > > Well, then, I'll make my first small contribution to this group with a
                > > fanart of Seregil and Alec, I hope you'll like it!
                > > http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/61/seregilalec01oe1.jpg
                > >
                > > Good day to you all!!

              • gielithnil
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 2, 2007
                  Thanks! #^^#
                  Where are you in Japan? (I spent one year in Kobe for my studies ^_^)
                  I hope you have a good time there, I certainly did !

                  Douzo yoroshiku!

                  --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "toorukyoniimura"
                  <toorukyoniimura@...> wrote:

                  > woooow, that is really good! XD
                  > and hi!
                  > I don't post very often on this but, yokosou! (Japanese for welcome,
                  > I am currently in Japan hence the Japanese welcome. lol)
                  >
                  > -Jamie
                  >

                  > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "gielithnil" <gielithnil@>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I'm new to this group and I just wanted to introduce myself^^
                  > > I'm a French girl from Lyon (hence my horrible English...)and I've
                  > > started reading Lynn's books 2 years ago when a friend recommended
                  > > them. Since then I've been reading and re-reading the Nighrunner
                  > > series and Tamir Triad over and over again waiting for new ones ^_^
                  > > I know I'm not really original but I'd really like to thank you Lynn
                  > > for all these incredible stories you've created and given to us.
                  > > I can't wait to read more of them!
                  > >
                  > > I was really happy to find this group too, since few people around
                  > me
                  > > can talk and read English, and none have read Lynn's books yet (the
                  > > Tamir Triad has just started being printed in France), so I was
                  > > feeling very lonely ^_^
                  > >
                  > > Well, then, I'll make my first small contribution to this group
                  > with a
                  > > fanart of Seregil and Alec, I hope you'll like it!
                  > > http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/61/seregilalec01oe1.jpg
                  > >
                  > > Good day to you all!!

                • toorukyoniimura
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 2, 2007
                    douitashimashite!

                    I'm in Shizuoka for a year! (It's somewhere a little south of Tokyo)
                    Thank you! I am having the best time of my life here! I'm going to be
                    so very sad to leave! ;__;
                    I finally got my copy of the japanese edition of Stalking Darkness,
                    you should order them because the artwork is simply amazing!

                    yoroshiku ne!--™